10th January 2017, 02:31 PM
rakesh649

Am I eligible for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma from the Himalayan University? Can I apply for any post in the Indian Railways?

Respected Sir, I have completed my Diploma from the Himalayan University and now I want to apply for JEE Main exam so I want to know am I eligible for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma from the Himalayan University? Can I apply for any post in the Indian Railways? How can I apply for the post? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for Engine Driver Post in the Indian Railways after completing Diploma in Electronics and Communications?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering from SBTET, Telangana? What is the minimum marks required in Diploma to apply for JEE Main exam?
  3. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  4. How can I get a job in the Indian Railways after completing my Degree course with BE in EEE? For which post can I apply?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing 2nd year Diploma (Lateral entry)?
  6. Can I be eligible to write government railway exam? I am a final year CSE student
  7. Am I eligible to become loco pilot after completion of diploma in information technology? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible to apply JEE exam after completing my diploma??
  9. Am i eligible to appear in JEE (Main) after Diploma?
  10. Whether a diploma holder is eligible to apply for JEE main exam?
  11. Is diploma candidate not eligible for JEE main?
  12. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for JEE main exams after completion of Diploma course?
  14. Can I apply for Loco Pilot post in the Indian Railways after completing B.Com?
  15. After completing B.Tech with 55% in ECE stream will I be eligible for the post of Indian Railways?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam again this year if I had given exam the previous year as well? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I do dual diploma in photography from Himalayan University and Indian Institute of Photography?
  18. JEE or other B.Tech entrance exams on the basis of Diploma engineering?
11th January 2017, 11:04 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma from the Himalayan University? Can I apply for any post in the Indian Railways?

No, you are not eligible to apply for JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) on the basis of Diploma course. Because intermediate with PCM as the three main subjects, is essential equcation qualification to apply for JEE exam.
However, you can apply for various Indian railway jobs. For that, you have to wait for any recruitment announcement from railways. My suggestion to you is that, you should continuously visit the official website of RRB for job updates.
11th January 2017, 11:07 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma from the Himalayan University? Can I apply for any post in the Indian Railways?

No, you are not eligible to apply for JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) on the basis of Diploma course. Because intermediate with PCM as the three main subjects, is essential education qualification to apply for JEE exam.
However, you can apply for various Indian railway jobs. For that, you have to wait for any recruitment announcement from railways. My suggestion to you is that, you should continuously visit the official website of RRB for job updates.
11th January 2017, 12:15 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria of JEE mains are
> Candidate must have cleared class 12th or will appear for the same in 2017.
Note: Certain changes had been made this year in eligibility
* There is no weight age of class 12th marks in calculating All India Rank of JEE 2017
* For students to qualify for admission in IIT/NIITs , they need to secure at least 75% marks in class 12th . For SC student this is 65%.

>> You can also apply in Indian Railways for apprentice post if your background of studies is science and maths.
>> You also can apply in Group D post of Indian railway unless you are graduate. After graduation you are eligible for various other post in Indian railways.
>> To view notification and to apply for Railway post kindly click here.
11th January 2017, 06:27 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is conducted by CBSE and IIT. The examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board with PCM as main paper with minimum 45%.

So, candidates with diploma degree are not eligible to appear for JEE for admission in B.Tech or B.E course. For detail information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
12th January 2017, 07:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh649 View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my Diploma from the Himalayan University and now I want to apply for JEE Main exam so I want to know am I eligible for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma from the Himalayan University? Can I apply for any post in the Indian Railways? How can I apply for the post? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for JEE Main exam but you are not eligible to get admission in IIT's and NIT's.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from recognized board are eligible for Railway Group D post.

Your minimum age should be 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?