9th July 2015, 09:55 AM
Papu sharma

Am I eligible to join Airforce if I have scored 70% marks in Bihar board examination?

Sir/Mam,

I got 73.66% In pcm and 66% In english overall i got 70.02% In bihar board examination. So, can i join airforce? Am I eligible? Can you please let me know the procedure which I need to follow up for the same? Need to know this to proceed further.

9th July 2015, 12:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Airforce if I have scored 70% marks in Bihar board examination?

Yes, you are eligible to join the Indian Air Force after scoring the 70.02% in the 10+2 board examination. But you need to qualify in the NDA examination which is conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidate age must be between 16.5-19 years.
* Candidate must have the PCM as the main subject in the board examination.
* Only male unmarried citizen are eligible.
So you are eligible to apply for the examination. The notification are released in the month of January and the July. The examination are conducted in the month of April and the September.

The examination is conducted in the two stages as the Written and the SSB. the written examination contains two paper. Paper I of Mathematics and the Paper II of General Ability.

After qualifying in the written examination you are eligible for the SSB. In the SSB yoiu have to go through the various test, interview and the medical. After final selection you are eligible for the selection in the IAF after training.

For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
9th July 2015, 01:15 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Airforce if I have scored 70% marks in Bihar board examination?

Yes, you are eligible for Air Force to join it and for this if you are going to join it on the 12th class base then you have to first qualify the national defence academy exam which is conducted every year.

Eligibility for this are-

>> you must be an Indian citizen and have passed the 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

>> your age must be in 16.5-19 years.

>> a person of Nepal, Bhutan or a person of tidbit refugee is also eligible if migrated to india since 1962.

>> Must be having the eye sight of 6/6 and have no colour blindness.
9th July 2015, 04:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papu sharma View Post
Sir/Mam,

I got 73.66% In pcm and 66% In english overall i got 70.02% In bihar board examination. So, can i join airforce? Am I eligible? Can you please let me know the procedure which I need to follow up for the same? Need to know this to proceed further.
You have completed 12th standard with PCM so you are eligible for Indian Air Force through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
9th July 2015, 05:06 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you are eligible to join Air force after passing 12th in PCM group of subjects .

You can join Air force through NDA exam . NDA stands for National Defense Academy . UPSC conducts NDA exam twice a year to make recruitment in Indian Defense Services .

NDA has three wings :

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

The eligibility required to join Indian Air Force through NDA exam are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Air Force Academy.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The selection process involves

* Written Examination

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board .
9th July 2015, 05:09 PM
vickyhansi

You are eligible for Indian Air Force after getting 73.66% marks in 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

NDA exam stands for National Defense Academy which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to join Army, Navy, and Air force.

Education Qualification:

12th standard with Physics and Math subject

Appearing in qualifying examination is also eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be between 16.5-19 years.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

Selection Process:

Written exam

SSB Interview

Physical and Medical Test
9th July 2015, 05:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are definitely eligible for joining Indian Air force having completed your senior secondary education with 70% aggregate from Bihar Board which is a recognized board of examination as there is no provision of bar based on the percentage aggregate in 12th board for joining the same.

Also to join Indian Air force you will have to crack the National Defense Academy examination ( NDA ) conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are commonly called as NDA I & NDA II.

The necessary qualification required for appearing in the same examination for your desired wing are given below:-

* You must be an Indian male candidate citizen.

* Your age must lie between 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement.

* You must have a senior secondary degree with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects from a recognized board of education.

The examination is held in two stages which are as Stage I ) Written examination and Stage II) Service selection board Interview.

You have the option of joining Indian Air force after your graduation ( with Physics/Mathematics/Engineering course ) through CDS examination or AFCAT also.

For more details regarding the above mentioned examination you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
9th July 2015, 07:31 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# It is good to know that you are highly interested in joining Indian Air Force.

# It is better for you to appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination.

# NDA Examination is national level examination conducted two times in a year by UPSC effectively, smoothly and transperantly.

# The eligibility criteria fixed for NDA Examination is mentioned here below:

* Must be Indian citizen.
* Must have completed 10+2 in any stream.
* Must have unmarried status.
* Must be male only. As females are not allowed.
* Must have good moral character.
* Must be physically & medically fit in all respects.

# Books for the preparation of NDA Examination are:

* Disha Publication's NDA/NA Topic Wise Solved Papers
* Upkar's NDA Examination
* Tata Mc Graw Hill's Study Package for NDA/NA Entrance Exam
* S. Chand's Mathematics for NDA and NA (National Defence Academy & Naval Academy) by R.S. Aggrawal
* Arihant's Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination by P.K. Mittal, O.P. Bisht and Neetika Goyal
* G.K. Publication's NDA/NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination Guide
9th July 2015, 07:38 PM
Mohit.Bansal

For Joining Air Force you have minimum 12th pass or equivalent from recognised Board or University.

After 12th you can apply for NDA exam. NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The exam is conducted by UPSC twice in every year.

There is no bar for percentage. So dont worry about it and you also have overall good percentage.

NDA exam is conducted for following streams:
1. Naval Wing
2. Air Force Wing
3. Army wing

Eligibility Criteria-
Educational Qualification-
Naval and Air Force wing: 12th with science subjects like Maths and Physics.
Army Wing- 12th in any stream

Age Limit- 16.5 years to 19 years.

Application Fee- Rs. 100

How to apply?

candidates have to apply online on http://upsconline.nic.in/
9th July 2015, 07:39 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Nice to see your interest in the Air Force. You can join Air Force after completing the 12th class. So, first complete your 12th class and then think about Air Force.

NDA stand for the National Defence Academy and NDA entrance examination is conducted twice (Named as NDA-I & NDA-II) in every year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for selection in the different wing of NDA. Here i give you the details eligibility criteria for NDA entrance examination.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination.
-->Pass 12th class from a recognize board/University. 12th board exam appearing student can also apply for the NDA examination.
-->The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of examination.

NOTE :-- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for the NDA examination. Female candidates are not eligible to apply for NDA entrance examination.

So, as per eligibility criteria You must pass 12th class to apply for the NDA entrance examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the NDA entrance examination. Do prepare well for the upcoming NDA entrance examination because the competition is really hard.

For any more and complete information regarding the upcoming NDA entrance examination please visit the official website of the UPSC : http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th July 2015, 12:44 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes absolutely you are eligible for Indian Air Force once you satisfy the below eligibility Criteria. Most important thing you need to remember is Age limit. To get a job in Indian Air Force then you must write an exam called " Indian Air Force ".

Eligibility for NDA Examination :

<> You must complete 12th with minimum percentage of marks from the recognized university .Board.

<> You need to score minimum 70% of marks with Maths, Physics and Chemistry are the main subjects.

<> Age should be in between 16 to 191/2 years.

<> You must satisfy the age limit at the time of SSB Interview which is conducted once you qualify in Written Examination.

Selection Process :

-- Written Examination

-- SSB Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?