31st March 2015, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join NDA if wearing spectacles? Minimum weight required to join NDA?

Hello,
I am using spectacles so that I am
able for joining NDA or not?
Please tell me and how much weight
is required for NDA entrance?

31st March 2015, 08:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join NDA if wearing spectacles? Minimum weight required to join NDA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have attached the chart of Physical criteria for NDA exam so if you have fulfill the criteria then you are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 161 views)
31st March 2015, 11:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join NDA if wearing spectacles? Minimum weight required to join NDA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Details About NDA:

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and this exam is being conducted by UPSC and is held every year twice as NDA I and NDA II. This exam is being conducted for candidates to join in defence forces such as:
  • Indian Army
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Air Force

There are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam which include:
  • Nationality
  • Martial Status
  • Age limit
  • Education qualification
  • Physical Standard

You have asked for the information regarding the physical standard and the eye sight refer below for information.

Physical Standard :

Eye Sight Standard:

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st April 2015, 12:20 AM
violent viper

NDA stands for the National defense academy.The physical criteria regarding the eyes are as below:

This is the eye eligibity criteria from which you can compare your eyes conditions.

If you have any other query then kindly leave your message here.
1st April 2015, 12:46 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

It is worthwhile to mention that candidate should be perfectly physical fit in all respects for NDA Examination. In the same way, eye sight must be perfect. As a general rule, eye sight must be 6/6 in good eye and 6/9 in bad eye. Candidate must be free from Myopia, short sightedness, long sightedness, glucoma, cataract, conjuctiva etc. You have mentioned that you are wearing spectacles but not mentioned the exact number of lens. Make sure that your eye sight must be within the range of 6/6 to 6/9.
1st April 2015, 12:50 AM
DASHARD

Having spectacles is not the issue of disqualification, You need to make sure that you have a vision of 6/60 or better.
If you are at par of this level , then you can surely join the NDA.
The elaborated chart of visual standard for the NDA entrance is given below in the attachments.

The minimum weight needed varies with the height..
So for different height the weight needed is different. so please check as per your height, what is the minimum weight u need.(see the attachments for the tables)

Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	(www.entrance-exam.net)-NDA-Physical-Requirements.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	185813   Click image for larger version

Name:	VisualFitness.png
Views:	138
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	185814  
1st April 2015, 12:55 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

No as per the criteria written in prospectus of NDA if you have specs you are not allowed to join NDA. but this depends on number also if you have number more than 6 then you can not join it otherwise you can.
5th October 2021, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

My eye sight is 6/6p then I can admit the exam sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?