9th January 2012, 05:19 PM
netrajarshi

Am I eligible for NET after passing BSc Hons with 58% in Physics and MCA from IGNOU with 58%?

Sir,
I have done B.SC (Hons) in Physics (58%) and MCA from IGNOU (58%). I am 37 years old now. Am I eligible for the NET? Please lemme know

Regards,
raj

11th January 2012, 12:14 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET after passing BSc Hons with 58% in Physics and MCA from IGNOU with 58%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrajarshi View Post
Sir,
I have done B.SC (Hons) in Physics (58%) and MCA from IGNOU (58%). I am 37 years old now. Am I eligible for the NET? Please lemme know

Regards,
raj
Since you have completed your Masters Degree program from a recognized university and have scored more than 55% marks, you are definitely eligible to write National Eligibility Test conducted by University Grant commission.

There is no age limit to apply for the exam but as per your age, you won't be eligible to apply for Junior Research Fellowship-JRF.

Having done MCA, you will have to take Computer Science and Applications, as your subject for the test.
To have a look at the syllabus of Computer Science and Applications, click here.

For further information refer to the official website of UGC NET.
11th January 2012, 01:46 PM
Hours

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET after passing BSc Hons with 58% in Physics and MCA from IGNOU with 58%?

yes you are eligible.

you can apply for the NET EXAM which held twice a year .

age limit- no age limit.

The exam consist three papers.
Syllabus
paper I:
It is a objective type paper.
General knowledge
Current affairs
Aptitude and reasoning
It is for 100 marks
paper II
Core subjects
it is for 100 marks
Paper III
Selected core subjects
It is for 200 marks
Total marks are : 400
All the best
11th February 2012, 02:12 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Sir,

Regards,
raj
Yes your eligible for NET Examination . I provide you the details regrading NET Examination .

NET :- National Eligibility criteria .

This examination conducted by UGC ( University Grants Commission ) twice in a year during the month of July and December .

Eligibility criteria for NET Examination :-

You should complete Master Degree or equivalent examination in Humanities (including Languages) and Social
Sciences, Computer Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to apply for this examination . You should score minimum 55% percentage of marks and relaxation is applicable for sc/st and obc candidates .

Your age should be Not more then 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship and there is no age limit for Lectureship .

Examination Fees :-

General candidates for :- Rs . 450
Sc/st candidates for :- Rs. 110
obc and other backward candidates for :- Rs. 225

For Syllabus for NET Examination Please click here :-http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/syllabus.html

You may apply for this examination in both the online as well as offline . The important Notification for NET examination are published in employment news papers and other leading new papers in our country .

As per the eligibility criteria your eligible to apply for net examination .

I attach the file that contains details regarding NET examination please refer this file .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Details Regarding NET Examination ..PDF(148.4 KB, 415 views)
11th February 2012, 06:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,

Regards,
raj

Yes , You are applicable for NET exam because you have completed MCA degree from IGNOU with above 55% marks.So you are applicable on the field of Computer Science Departments.

IGNOU is UGC approved university so it will not create any problem for NET exam.

Your age is now 37 years old so you are not applicable for JRF post but applicable on Lecturer post.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC in Twice time in a year.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

From June session of NET exam , they have changed the Pattern. Hole Paper is contain Multiple type question.Also there is no negative marking.

I have listed some valuable Books name .This books are available in market.So prepare well to the books.

THE BEST BOOKS FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE IN NET EXAM

Important Dates For NET Examination:-

The notification details and other important announcement are made in March and September 2012 respectively.

Date of UGC NET entrance test by June last week, 2012.

Notifications will be published by March last week, 2012

Final date for online application April last Week, 2012

Final date of submitting the documents at the center: May first Week, 2012

I have attached the Syllabus and Question Paper of NET exam of Computer Science Departments so Please check it out.

For online Registration You can visit to http://ugcnetonline.in

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?