19th June 2013, 08:17 PM
Fathimashaaz

Am i eligible to write NET or SLET exam after passing MCA in IGNOU with 70% marks

Am i eligible to write NET or SLET exam.I have passed MCA in IGNOU with 70% marks in 2010 december.After nearly 2 and half years break can i write?

13th April 2015, 12:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to write NET or SLET exam after passing MCA in IGNOU with 70% marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathimashaaz View Post
Am i eligible to write NET or SLET exam.I have passed MCA in IGNOU with 70% marks in 2010 december.After nearly 2 and half years break can i write?
You have completed MCA degree from IGNOU with above 55% marks so you are eligible for NET or SLET exam.

The educational qualification required for NET/SLET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET/SLET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET/SLET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
13th April 2015, 05:41 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to write NET or SLET exam after passing MCA in IGNOU with 70% marks

Yes,you are eligible for NET/SLET exam after completion of MCA degree which is a masters degree.

The eligibility criteria for NET/SLET exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed Masters degree in related subjects with minimum 55% of marks.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.
13th April 2015, 06:06 PM
poojasingh151

Quote:
NET stands for the National Eligibility Test. It is conducted by University Grants commission for post of lecturer in government colleges and for those who desire to join Junior Research Fellowship.

SLET is the State Level Eligibility Test. It is conducted by different states for lectureship post.

Eligibility criteria for NET/SLET:

Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is required to appear for both exams.

The percentage of marks in master's degree should not be less than 55 % for general and obc candidates and 5% relaxation in marks is given to SC/ST candidates.

Since you have 70% marks in master's degree in computer applications, you are eligible for the NET/SLET.

The upper age limit for SLET is 28 years and for lectureship there is no upper age limit.
14th April 2015, 12:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
NET is the short form of National Eligibility Test and SLET stands for State Level Test.

NET is conducted by the University Grants Commission twice every year for the post of :

>>Lectureship.

>>Junior Research Fellowship.

SLET is the conducted by the different state board for lecturers in government colleges.

Eligibility criteria for both entrance exam:

1. Academic Qualification:

Master's degree with minimum of 55% in any discipline from a recognized university. For SC/ST candidates there is 5% relaxation in percentage of marks for them.

As you have done your master's degree in computer applications with 70% marks from Indira Gandhi National Open University, you are eligible for NET and SLET exam.

2. Age criteria:

There is no such upper age criteria for the Lectureship but the upper age limit for the Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

The important dates for NET June 2015 is over now. So you need to wait for December NET exam notification.

If you have any more query or you want to anything about NET exam, you can visit the official website of UGC NET, www.ugcnetonline.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?