22nd September 2012, 12:15 AM
Netana

Am I eligible for NET after passing M.Com with 72% in B.Com and 56% in high secondary with 44% marks

I am ST category. I passed m.com with 72%, b.com with 56% and higher secondary with 44% marks, am i eligible for NET exam?

1st October 2012, 03:09 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET after passing M.Com with 72% in B.Com and 56% in high secondary with 44% marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netana View Post
I am ST category. I passed m.com with 72%, b.com with 56% and higher secondary with 44% marks, am i eligible for NET exam?
Definitely you are eligible for NET Examination after post graduation and you have scored good marks in your Post graduation and to apply for NET examination, you have to complete your Master degree course with minimum 55% marks, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for NET.

This examination is conducted in June and December every year and this year June NET Examination was already completed and December NET Examination is going to be published soon in next month i.e in October.

When the notification published it will be updated in the official website of UGC.

The application form fees of NET for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates is Rs 110 and have to pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank.

You have to attained the age of 19 years to apply for NET, there is no upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship post of NET.

Your age should not be more than 28 years for Junior Research fellowship post.

After clear this examination, you are eligible to become Lecturer in some top colleges OR also do P.hd courses.

There are total 3 papers in this examination and all are objective with no negative marking, if you need more details about this examination, then you can check the official website.

So, wait for the December NET Examination Notification and then apply Online, for more details check official website.

http://ugcnetonline.in
1st October 2012, 11:23 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET after passing M.Com with 72% in B.Com and 56% in high secondary with 44% marks

Hai,

Yeah shore you are eligible for NET(National Eligibility Test) exam,NET exam is conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commission) two times in a year i.e in the month of june and december.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should have to complete post-graduation from a recognised university with atleast 55% of marks.

5% marks relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age limits for Lectureship:-

The age limits are minimum age limit is 19 years and there is no maximum age limit for Lectureship.

Age limits for junior research fellowship:-

The age limits are there is no minimum age to appear this exam but the maximum age limit is 28years.

Syllabus for NET exam:-

For more details visit below website

www.ugcnetonline.in

All the best.
19th August 2013, 01:48 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Marks obtained in PG is only considered for NET. Master's degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks is the qualification required. Your age must be less than 28 years, if you are applying for JRF. There is no maximum age limit for lecturership. Applications can be submitted online through the website of UGC.
20th August 2013, 12:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission.

This Exam is conduct twice time in a year in June and December month .

This exam is conduct for -

1)JRF
2)Lectureship post
3)PHD admission

The Educational Qualification required for NET exam is masters degree .Your masters degree marks must be above 55% . 5% marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST category.
Quote:
Yes , You are applicable for NET Exam.Because your M.Com marks is above 55% .
There is a age criteria for Junior Research Fellowship .Your age should be below 28 years old. Age relaxation unto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC / ST / PWD / OBC .For the post of Lectureship , There is no upper age limit .

Pattern for NET Exam is given below :-

Last date for submission application for June 2013 is over for this year so you can try here in December 2013 .

As per your preparation i have listed some books name , you should prepare well this books -

UGC-Net/JRF/SLET Commerce
by L. N. Koli
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan
Price: Rs. 485

UGC NET Commerce: Previous Years Papers Solved
by R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House-delhi
Price: Rs. 180

UGC-NET/SET Commerce Guide
by R. Gupta's
Publisher: R.gupta
Price: Rs. 595

UGC-NET/JRF/SLET Commerce
by L. N. Koli
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan
Price: Rs. 415

For Syllabus for UGC NET Exam Click Here .

Last date for submission application for June 2013 is over for this year so you can try here in December 2013 .

For General candidates, the examination fee is Rs. 450/-; for Other Backward Classes fee is Rs. 225/- and for SC/ST/PWD candidates, it is Rs. 110/-.

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
20th August 2013, 05:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

For the National Eligibility Test only the marks scored in post graduation are relevant. If you are meeting the criteria for marks in post graduation then it does not matter how much did you scored in 12th standard or graduation.

In your case, you meet the criteria with ease. The Schedule Tribe candidate is only required to score 50 percent marks in post graduation to apply for National Eligibility Test. While you have scored 72 percent marks.

The criteria for marks remains the same regardless of you appearing for Junior Research Fellowship or the college lectureship.

National Eligibility Test ensures the quality of lecturers to remain high. To appear for the exam you need to wait till December. It is conducted only in June and December of every year.

NET Eligibility

1. Indian citizens can apply for the NET exam.

2. You should have completed post graduation course.

3. Please ensure that your college is recognized by the UGC.

4. The marks needed in post graduation are 55 percent.

5. SC/ST need 50 percent marks.

6. There is no relaxation for OBC candidates.

7. Your subject for exam will be Commerce.

8. There is upper age limit of 28 years for JRF.

9. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC applying for JRF.

10. Similarly 5 years relaxation is given to SC and ST.

11. To apply for lectureship you must be 19 years old.

12. There is no upper age limit.

13. There is also no limit on number of attempts.
21st August 2013, 12:07 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Yes,you will will be eligible to apply for UGC-NET Exam for the both types that is for :
1)Junior Research Fellowship.
2)Lectureship Program-me.

Quote:
Minimum marks required by the General and OBC category candidates is 55% and Minimum marks required by the SC and ST category candidates is 50%.
As you comes under the ST category,so you can apply for UGC-NET Exam.
Minimum qualification required to apply for UGC-NET Exam is Post Graduation passed out from any recognized university.As you have completed your Post Graduation in Commerce,so you will have to take Commerce as a appearing subject.

Important :- If you will apply for Junior Research Scholarship then your age should not be above 28 years and your minimum age should be 19 years.

UGC-NET exam will be conducted in three stages.These are :
  1. Teaching or Research Aptitude.
  2. Subjective Paper(Commerce)
  3. Subjective Paper(Commerce).
Syllabus for Commerce for UGC-NET Exam (Subject code - 08) :

~Unit I - Business Environment.
~Unit II - Financial and Management Accounting.
~Unit III - Business Economics.
~Unit IV -Banking and Financial Institutions.

~Unit V - Business Statistics and Data Processing.
~Unit VI - Business Management.
~Unit VII - Marketing Management.
~Unit VIII - Financial Management.
~Unit IX - Human Resource Management.
~Unit X - International Business.
21st August 2013, 11:23 AM
nishi513

Hi friend...NET examination is conducted by UGC twice every in June & December months...The minimum educational qualification required to apply for UGC NET exam is post graduation/masters degree with atleast 55% of marks & there is 5% marks relaxation for reserved category candidates and final year postgraduate students are also eligible to apply...~>Maximum age limit to apply for JRF is 28 years and ~>for LECTURERSHIP the minimum age limit is 19 years and there is no maximum age limit...So,with your M.COM with 72% of marks,you are definitely eligible to apply for NET examination...ALL THE BEST...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?