26th December 2011, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PO exam after securing 57% marks at an age of 25 years?

Sir,

I am student of BHMS(medico) graduate and secure 57% marks and 25 yrs. old .I am eligible for PO exam of any Bank .Kindly give in details
with thanks
Ramesh Dada

27th December 2011, 12:42 AM
lalithhh

Default Re: Am I eligible for PO exam after securing 57% marks at an age of 25 years?

Yes. You are eligible to appear for various bank exams as you have scored 57% in your Graduation.
In order to be eligible for bank PO Exams, one should have completed Graduation from any recognzied university.
Some banks may put certain percentage of marks in Graduation as a part of eligibility criteria.one should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for bank PO Exams.

From this academic year, IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is conducting common written exam for the recruitment of clerks and PO s for 19 public sector banks. This exam will be conducted every year. the validity of the IBPS score is also 1 year.
You can appear any bank interview based on this score. recently IBPS conducted this exam in September 2011..
may be in the first half of the next year they will conduct the exam.
You can get more information in this link.
http://ibps.in/
27th December 2011, 12:42 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PO exam after securing 57% marks at an age of 25 years?

Yes you are eligible for probationary officer post.
To apply for PO post any candidate should be graduate in any stream from recognised university. Age should be minimum 21 year and maximum 30 year for general(relaxation for sc/st/obc candidate).

you have scored good marks so you can apply for po in any bank.
27th December 2011, 12:50 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend different bank has different eligibility criteria.. It varies from bank to bank..

Eligibility criteria for BANK PO exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade..

2.Candidate must have secure 60% aggregate through out the career..
For SC/ST the percentage relaxation is 5%..

3.Candidate must be computer literate.

4.Candidates age should be in between 21-30 year.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years..

These are the eligibility you have to fulfill..

So, if you are from general category then you are not eligible for the exam..
But if you are from SC/ST category then you can apply for BANK PO exam.

All the best.
27th December 2011, 09:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Yes, You are eligible for BANK PO exam because your graduation marks is above 57% .

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree from any recognized university are eligible for BANK PO exam.

They are not require any kind of percentage marks in graduation for this time.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

BANK PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)Personal Interview.

For written test you must be prepare for mathematics and general knowledge.Also you must have basic knowledge computer field.

Every bank set their own criteria .So it is not perfect criteria all BANK PO exam.

A new restriction has been imposed on the number of attempts for the candidates. For general number of attempts is 4, for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST.

I have attached the sample question paper of BANK PO exam.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BANK PO SAMPLE PAPER.pdf(184.5 KB, 98 views)
File Type: pdf BANK PO 2011.pdf(36.1 KB, 92 views)
27th December 2011, 12:48 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for PO exam after securing 57% marks at an age of 25 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I am student of BHMS(medico) graduate and secure 57% marks and 25 yrs. old .I am eligible for PO exam of any Bank .Kindly give in details
with thanks
Ramesh Dada
Am I eligible for PO exam after securing 57% marks at an age of 25 years?

Now a days Recruitment of PO is done through a common entrance exam known as IBPS and almost every bank are included in it (except some banks like -SBI,ICICI etc). If you haven't applied this year then also don't worry .You will get enough chances in the next year that is year 2012. So many banks are in need to Bank PO so it will bring you a chance .Before applying let's see some facts about Bank Po Exams and IBPS

Yes you are eligible as you fulfill the required eligibility criteria.For details regarding eligibility criteria ,see below:

Eligibility Criteria for IBPS and Other Bank PO Exam
  • For applying in this examination , you must have graduation degree from any stream .
  • Last year graduation students are not allowed to appear in this exam.
  • Marks Criteria
    • There is no any minimum marks criteria for SBI Bank PO Exam and IBPS Exam.
    • Private Banks need at least 55% in graduation.
  • Age Criteria
    • For IBPS Exam , your age should lie between 20 to 30 years.
    • For SBI Bank PO Exam, your age should lie between 21 to 30 years.
    • Private Banks demand the candidate with more than 25 years of age.
  • Number of Permissible Attempts
    • For General Category Students - 4 Attempts
    • For OBC -7
    • For SC/ST - There is no any limit

This year the IBPS Exam was successfully conducted and it is not going to be conducted this year so you should wait for the next year .Generally IBPS Exam is conducted at least twice a year and beside that some private banks and SBI conducts their own exam so you should keep looking on employement news .For updates visit-http://www.employmentnews.gov.in/

You can also visit-http://www.bankexamsindia.com for any news and notification about any bank exam.

For Better preparation in Bank PO Exam visit -http://www.bankpo.in

With Regards
ravik1214
27th December 2011, 12:56 PM
arun.potturu

Yes,you are eligible for bank PO job up to 30 years age.But any how the eligibility criteria for bank PO'S are
1.Graduation in any stream.
2.Minimum 60% aggregate in academics.
3.The age limit is 21-30 years.
So,don't worry you can apply for PO'S until 30 years.For all bank notifications visit the websites
Www.freejobalert.com,
Www.freshersworld.com
27th December 2011, 01:58 PM
why this kolaveri di

Hello friend,

-->yes you are eligible for Bank Probability Officer(PO) exams.

-->These exams are generally conducted by Indian Banking Personal Selection(IBPS) every year.

-->You should be a Graduate in any stream from any recognized university .

-->NO percentage criteria is required for most of the banks.

-->Some private banks require percentage criteria.

Age limit:-

**The age between 21 to 30years.

**A relaxation of 3 to 5years is given to BC and Sc/st graduates.

Syllabus for Bank PO exams :-

1.Reasoning

2.Quantitative aptitude

3.Verbal ability

4.GK

5.Computer Knowledge
prepare well

For further details www.ibps.in

All the best.......
27th December 2011, 03:19 PM
vijay prasad yadav

probationary officers can be selected by either qualifing IBPS examination which includes seats of 19 banks or by participating in individual po examination led by some banks such as sbi.The minimum eligibility to take part in both the above is 60%(for GEN+OBC) and55%(for SC+ST).The age limit is 21-30 for GEN.Furthur relaxation in age is given for OBC and SC/ST.
27th December 2011, 11:45 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Yes,Of course
You can appear for BANK PO examination

But since you do not have 60% marks
You can not sit in these banks :

1.SBI
2.RBI
3.PNB

But you can appear for these banks :

1.HDFC BANK

2.DENA BANK

3.YES BANK

4.ICICI BANK

5.GRAMEEN BANK

6.MALLABHUM BANK

7.AXIS BANK

8.SYNDICATE BANK

9.ALLAHABAD BANK

10.UBI

You can see the attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bank PO Sample Paper.pdf(1.00 MB, 98 views)
File Type: pdf BANK_PO_Mock_TEST.pdf(205.4 KB, 90 views)
13th December 2012, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

is a bhms graduate eligible for ibps clerk and po exam?
15th December 2012, 08:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed graduation, yes you are eligible for Bank PO Exam. Perhaps the best option would be IBPS Bank PO Exam. This exam is accepted by 19 Public Sector Banks. Therefore I would recommend you to apply for this exam.

The Institute of Banking Personnel Services conducts this entrance exam in June of every year. Like I mentioned earlier, a total of 19 Public Sector Banks accepts the exam. You can apply for job in any of the banks mentioned below upon clearing the exam.

19 Public Sector Banks

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

Bank of Baroda

Bank of Maharashtra

Bank of India

Central Bank of India

Canara Bank

Dena Bank

Corporation Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Indian Bank

Punjab National Bank

Oriental Bank of Commerce

Syndicate Bank

Punjab & Sind Bank

United Bank of India

Union Bank of India

Vijaya Bank

UCO Bank

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be Indian citizen.

2. A graduation degree from any recognized university.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 20 to 28 years to apply.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. Five years relaxation for SC/ST.

7. Ten years relaxation in upper age limit for Person with Disability
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?