6th November 2018, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to pursue B.Ed after completion of my MA English?

I am a POST GRADUATE IN ENGLISH, I have M.A in English. Am I eligible for B.Ed. now? Is there any entrance exam required for getting in B.Ed course?

10th November 2018, 09:17 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue B.Ed after completion of my MA English?

The full form of B.Ed is Bachelor of Education.

The eligibility criteria for B.Ed course is:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Percentage of marks required: Minimum of 50% marks required.

Some universities conduct entrance exam and some take admission based on percentage of marks. If you have required percentage of marks, you can apply for B.Ed course entrance exam.
11th November 2018, 04:53 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed is Bachelor in Education and it is two year course. The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you are eligible to appear in the entrance examination for admission in the course.

The minimum required aggregate is 50% relaxation for reserved category.
11th November 2018, 06:47 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

B.Ed stands for bachelor of education and same is a professional bachelor degree course required by those who are looking to become a teacher.

The minimum education required to pursue B.Ed from a recognised university is a bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognised university.

So, being a post graduate degree holder in English, you are eligible to pursue B.Ed if you have managed to complete your graduation degree course with at least 50% marks otherwise not.
12th November 2018, 08:32 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Education qualification is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply.

2. You must have at least 50% marks in bachelor's degree.

You can apply for B.Ed course after completion of Master of Arts in English.
13th November 2018, 10:20 PM
Meg24

Hello,
As you already have a graduation and post graduation degree ,you are eligible for the Ignou B.Ed programs .
Yes ,you need to have an average of 50%in your graduation and Post graduation subjects.
Also few universities conduct examination.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?