29th July 2011, 04:41 PM

Am I eligible for SET or NET exam after doing MSc by research?

Respected sir / Madam,

Can you let me know whether students who have done M.Sc by research eligible for SET exam or NET exams

30th July 2011, 12:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for SET or NET exam after doing MSc by research?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Respected sir / Madam,

Can you let me know whether students who have done M.Sc by research eligible for SET exam or NET exams
dear friend,

eligibility criteria for NET*
M.Sc or equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned above, with minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates*
and 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D.*

Age Eligibility:
For Juniour resaerch fellowship: 19 to 28 years
For lecturership: There is no upper age limit.Minimum age is 19 years.

so after completion of your master degree you are eligible for NET exam.

All the best
11th September 2011, 05:59 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Respected sir / Madam,

NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test.
SET Stands for State Eligiblity Test.

To apply for Both these examination, Candidate need to complete his Post Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University, Final year Post Graduate candidates are also apply for NET/SET Examination. So, Post graduation is the Minimum Eligiblity To apply for NET/SET Examination.

>> NET Examination was Held Twice in a year, June and December.

The June NET Examination was Already completed and If you are Interested in NET Examination then please apply for the December NET, The Notification of December NET Examination was Going to be declared soon in this Month i.e on 26/Sep/2011.

>> So, When the Notification was declared, candidates may fill the application form Online by visit the official website, The examination fees of NET was Rs 450 and You have to pay the fees through Challan in SBI Branch and then you are eligible to fill the NET Application form Online.

And If you have completed your M.sc Degree course then you are eligible to apply for NET/SET Examination.

>> But you can apply for SET Examination, The Online Registration was Already Started form 17/Aug/2011 and the last date of apply for this examination was 14/Sep/2011. The examination fees of SET was Rs 550 and you have to pay the fees only by a demand draft drawn on listed Nationalized Bank payable at Pune in the name of "The Registrar, University of Pune".

After Paying the fees, you are eligible to fill the Online SET Application form, So If you have scored minimum 55% marks in your M.sc degree course then you are eligible for NET/SET Examination and for more Information please check the Official website -

http://ugcnetonline.in

http://setexam.unipune.ac.in
14th February 2012, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Msc by research has only two papers of first year to pass is that average is considered for NET SET eligibility?
9th February 2013, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Msc by research has only two papers of first year to pass is that average is considered for NET SET eligibility?
i have msc by res degree in chemistry and secured 49% by aggregating the two papers which i hv cleared in the above exam and i also belong to open category is iam eligible for appearing in net exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?