11th December 2021, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for WBCS if I am having B.tech lateral Mechanical Engineering Degree?

Am I eligible for WBCS if I am having B.tech lateral Mechanical Engineering Degree?

14th December 2021, 11:57 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for WBCS if I am having B.tech lateral Mechanical Engineering Degree?

B.Tech through lateral entry is a recognized degree.

So, you are eligible to appear for WBCS after b.tech through lateral entry. You can prepare for the examination and qualify in all the stages for the final selection.
14th December 2021, 01:08 PM
deepakkumarboudh

Default Re: Am I eligible for WBCS if I am having B.tech lateral Mechanical Engineering Degree?

Yes, you are eligible for WBCS if you have B. tech lateral Mechanical Engineering Degree . To appear in the WBCS exam you must be a Graduate.
14th December 2021, 01:11 PM
deepakkumarboudh

Yes, you are eligible for WBCS if you have B. Tech lateral Mechanical Engineering Degree.
14th December 2021, 02:14 PM
Zainab Fatima8

Yes,you are eligible for WBCS having BTech Lateral Mechanical Engineering degree.
14th December 2021, 10:21 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible for WBCS having BTech Lateral Mechanical Engineering degree.
15th December 2021, 07:00 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

WBCS refers to West Bengal Civil Services and for appearing in the WBCS examination the minimum education required is a Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, having completed your B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering degree course even through Lateral Entry Scheme, you are eligible for appearing in the WBCS examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned as B.Tech. degree completed through Lateral entry scheme is equivalent to full time B.Tech degree.

For complete details regarding WBCS examination, you can refer to the link www.wbpsc.gov.in.
15th December 2021, 07:46 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibility to appear for WBCS is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, candidates with B.Tech through lateral entry are eligible to appear for the examination.
Examination is conducted in three stages and you have to appear and qualify in all three stages for final selection.
15th December 2021, 05:50 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you are eligible for WBCS. To appear in the WBCS exam you must be a Graduate. You mentioned that you are a diploma in Mechanical Engineering. First of all go for B. Tech or some other Bachelor degree as it is a must criteria to appear in the exam.
15th December 2021, 07:22 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, If you have completed B.Tech degree then you are eligible for WBCS exam. WBCS stands for West Bengal Civil Service exam. This exam is conducted by Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?