9th May 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write IFS exam? I have completed my PG in MSc Biochemistry some years back

I have completed my post graduation in MSc bio chemistry in year 2005 i want to write IFS 2013 am I eligible for that. Next my question is i want to change my optional subject from chemistry to agriculture with a new application in 2012 can i do that i so please tell me how

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IFS exam after doing MSc Microbiology with biochemistry as complementary subject
  2. Am I eligible for IFS 2015 examination if done M.Sc in Forestry? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible to write TET paper II after finishing MSc B.Ed in Biochemistry?
  4. How can I get a job now in Biochemistry if I completing my MSc Biochemistry 6 years back?
  5. Which course is better for me between M.Sc in Microbiology and M.Sc in Biochemistry having completed B.Sc in Biochemistry?
  6. Jobs after MSc in Biochemistry? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible to write TET after completing BSc Biochemistry and B.Ed?
  8. Can I apply for GATE after M.Sc. in Biochemistry?
  9. Am I eligible to join M-Pharmacy course after completion of M.Sc in Biochemistry?
  10. Can I do Ph.D now if I have completed M.Sc in Biochemistry long time back?
  11. Am I eligible to write TET paper II after finishing MSc B.Ed in Biochemistry
  12. Am I eligible to do MSc in Biochemistry in Kolkata University?
  13. How to join MSc medical biochemistry or MSc Biochemistry in Chennai after completing BSc Biochemistry? Which are the best colleges for my higher studies?
  14. Am I eligible for TET exam after completing MSc, M.Phil and B.Ed in Biochemistry
  15. Am I eligible for GATE Exam in Biochemistry after completion of M.Sc in Biochemistry? Which Books should I refer for Biochemistry to crack this Exam?
  16. Eligibility criteria for IFS examination?
  17. Am I eligible to write IBPS PO exam? I have completed MSc Computer Technology 5 years integrated course in July
  18. What are the jobs available in Managalore after completing MSc in Biochemistry?
10th May 2012, 03:38 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IFS exam? I have completed my PG in MSc Biochemistry some years back

Qualification wise you are eligible for the Indian Forest Service Examination but I doubt
if you could qualify the age criteria.

The age limitation for the exam is
21-30 years (GEN)
21-33 years (OBC NC-layer)
21-35 years (SC/ST/PH)

You will have to check the cut off date of birth of IFS 2013, when the notification is published.

This year, if you have already submitted application form then change of optional
subject is not possible.

You can change the optional subjects if you apply for next IFS examination.
10th May 2012, 03:42 PM
tash1991

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IFS exam? I have completed my PG in MSc Biochemistry some years back

Hello Sir,

you are eligible for IFS exam with your Post graduation but you can check you age as per IFS notification the age eligibility for IFS is 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .if you are eligible as per age wise you can 100% eligible IFS exam

Thanking you sir,
10th May 2012, 03:44 PM
tash1991

Hello Sir,

you are eligible for IFS exam with your Post graduation but you can check you age as per IFS notification the age eligibility for IFS is 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .if you are eligible as per age wise you can 100% eligible IFS exam

Thanking you sir,
10th May 2012, 05:10 PM
kiran tex

yes you are eligible for ifs exam 2012.for this you must have a degree from recognized university in India and it is recognized by ugc changing of optional subject is not possible and relaxation of age is publishhed in notification
10th May 2012, 05:31 PM
a444

as per your qualification you are eligible for ifs

here are i 'm attaching a file for more knowledge about IFS

all the best
Attached Files
File Type: pdf eng.pdf(163.4 KB, 99 views)
10th May 2012, 05:33 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
You should not mentioned your age, i think your age is exceeded the limit.

IFS(Indian Forest Service) exam is conducted by the UPSC once in every year.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete graduation from any recognised university.

Final year graduation students may also eligible.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

Nationality :
Indian.

Age criteria:

Age limits is 21 years to 30 years, 3 years age relaxation for obc candidates,
5years age relaxation for sc/st candidates.

Selection procedure:

Preliminary exam,
Main exam,
Interview.

No.of attempts:

4 times for general,
7 times for OBC,
No limit for SC/ST candidates.

For more detail visit the official website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck.
10th May 2012, 05:57 PM
romi_bal

Eligibility Criteria for IFS Exam
Any graduation from a recognized institution is needed. Selection will be based on the marks scored in the examination followed an Interview or Personality Test. After that the UPSC will verify the original documents of the candidates.

OBC: 21-33 years
SC/ST/PH: 21-35 years

Notification:
Date of Notification : 31st march, 2012
Last Date for Receipt of Applications either by hand or by Post/Speed Post or by Courier : 30th April, 2012
Date of Examination : 14th July, 2012

If you have submitted the application them you cannot change optional subjects but next year you can.

For more details view brochure of IFS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ifs_eng.pdf(181.4 KB, 78 views)
10th May 2012, 07:00 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

yes you can eligible for the IFS exam. The qualification need for IFS complete the graduation from a recognized university.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service. This examination is conducted by upsc every year.

The last date of apply for this examination is 14/ 05/2012.

Eligibility criteria:

the candidate should be citizen of india.

The candidate complete the graduation with Animal Husbandry and veterinary science, botany, chemistry, zoology, physics etc.

The candidate age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

The age relaxation for obc candidates is 3 years. And the sc/st candidates is 5 years.

For more information visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
10th May 2012, 08:07 PM
BIKARANT RAI

hi friends ,

Am I eligible to write IFS exam? I have completed my PG in MSc Biochemistry some years back

Qualification wise you are eligible for the Indian Forest Service Examination but I doubt
if you could qualify the age criteria.

The age limitation for the exam is
21-30 years (GEN)
21-33 years (OBC NC-layer)
21-35 years (SC/ST/PH)

You will have to check the cut off date of birth of IFS 2013, when the notification is published.

This year, if you have already submitted application form then change of optional
subject is not possible.

You can change the optional subjects if you apply for next IFS examination.

thanking you
19th June 2012, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPETED ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN SPANISH AND GRADUATION IN ARTS SO CAN I APPLY FOR THE INDIAN FOREIGN SERVICES AND MY AGE IS AS ON DATE 23YRS I WANT TO KNOW THE AM I ELIGIBLE OR NOTE
25th December 2013, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

i have completed mphil botany...kindly suggest me which optional subject should i choose for IFS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?