6th February 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for GATE after M.Sc. in Biochemistry?

hello i m a msc biochemistry student and want to fight gate exam. Am i eligible to fight gate after msc.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for GATE Exam in Biochemistry after completion of M.Sc in Biochemistry? Which Books should I refer for Biochemistry to crack this Exam?
  2. Jobs after MSc in Biochemistry?
  3. Can MSc Biochemistry student apply for M.Tech Biotechnology?
  4. Eligibility for GATE exam after M.Sc (Biochemistry)?
  5. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Biochemistry after completion of B.Sc Biochemistry?
  6. Which one has a better scope between MSC microbiology/MSC biochemistry/MSC biotechnology?
  7. Which are the best colleges in India after passing MSc Biochemistry?
  8. Am I eligible to do Msc Biochemistry without giving the entrance exam? -- [New]
  9. List of books to refer for M.Sc entrance exam preparation?
  10. Can I apply for any scholarship having scored GP of 8.55 in 1st semester of B.Sc Biochemistry?
  11. Which course is better for me between M.Sc in Microbiology and M.Sc in Biochemistry having completed B.Sc in Biochemistry?
  12. How can I apply for government biochemistry jobs after completing MSc Biochemistry?
  13. How to join MSc medical biochemistry or MSc Biochemistry in Chennai after completing BSc Biochemistry? Which are the best colleges for my higher studies?
  14. MSc. Biochemistry entrance exams and syllabus? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I do MSc in Biochemistry after doing BSc in Biotechnology Which are the colleges in Mumbai and Pune to do MSc in Biochemistry?
  16. Is MSc Biochemistry a better option?
  17. Which are the colleges offering MSc in Biochemistry in Hyderabad?
  18. How to work as a lecturer and medical lab technologist in Hospital? I have done 4 years BSc Biochemistry

6th February 2011, 05:25 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for GATE after M.Sc. in Biochemistry?

Dear Friend

Apart from B.Tech. students those who are Master's degree holders in any branch of

Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent are eligible to

apply for GATE examination.

Also, those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programs (B.Tech. or M.Sc.)

are eligible to apply for the exam.

Therefore you can apply for GATE next year. The application for the same, starts

in the month of September.

For any further information visit the official website. http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011/

Thank You

6th February 2011, 06:01 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a Master's degree holder in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes are eligible to appear for GATE....

so you are absolutely eligible.

all the best....

6th February 2011, 06:14 PM
aanshu

offcourse you can apply it.
it is for all the student.
gate having so many options for the specific area of your subject please see it also.

6th February 2011, 07:17 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello,

Its good that you want to apply for GATE exam.Yes you can apply for GATE exam after msc Biochemistry.The eligibility criteria for appearing this exam is that you need to have pass certificate of minimum B.E.Since you Msc student you are eligible for this exam.You can even write the exam who are in final or pre final year.You can make it through.Do well and prepare well.

Best of luck.

6th February 2011, 09:20 PM
kumar Mitesh

B.Tech. students those who are Master's degree holders in any branch of

Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent are eligible to

apply for GATE examination. for details...
http://http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011/

6th February 2011, 11:15 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yes you are eligible to fight in GATE examination. in GATE master degree students from the branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or
equivalent are eligible.

so after M,Sc in Biochemistry you are eligible for GATE examination. even in final year or prefinal year of M.Sc you may apply for GATE.

for this year GATE examination will be conducted on 13th February. so you can not apply for this year GATE examination. but you should try for GATE examination in next year.

for more information on GATE examination visit the website http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in

best wishes.

6th February 2011, 11:23 PM
diego
Banned

yes you are eligible to apply for GATE...
since you are an M.Sc.
Eligibility for GATE includes those in Masters degree from Science?maths/Aomputer/stats are eligible to apply.
so you can appear for GATE and apply to relevant university
GATE applications for 2011 are over ... so you can appear for next year if you want.
Note that even final year students can apply for GATE.
Start preparing and also read interview experiences to prepare well for interviews which are an important part of final selection.

6th February 2011, 11:29 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Yes Definitely !

You Are Eligible To Appear In GATE Entrance Exams Because To Appear In This Exams If You Have A Master degree in any branch of Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications or Equivalent and If You Are in the Final or Pre-final Year, Then You Are Eligible to Appear In GATE Exams.

So, After Completing M.Sc. in Biochemistry, You Are Eligible to Appear In GATE Entrance Exams. So, If You Dont Have Apply for This Exams In This Year, Then You Can Not Apply for This Exams Now, You Have Missed The Chance In This Year.

So, I will Suggest You Just Prepare Well For This Exams In Advance. So, That You Can Clear This Exams In Next Year. If You Want to Get Any Information Regarding GATE Exams, Then Please Visit the Official Websites -

gate.iitg.ac.in

7th February 2011, 09:24 AM
xavi

freind hi,

--you can apply for GATE next year. The application for the same, starts
in the month of September.
--there is no such problem and yes you are eligible for GATE examination
--those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programs (B.Tech. or M.Sc.)
are eligible to apply for the exam.

all the best

7th February 2011, 12:24 PM
mychandru024

Yes, you can take GATE eXAM...

8th February 2011, 03:50 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Can I apply for GATE after M.Sc. in Biochemistry?

Quote:
hello i m a msc biochemistry student and want to fight gate exam. Am i eligible to fight gate after msc.
Being a Master in Biochemistry i would like to say Yes you are Eligible For writing Gate Exam !!
And you can Fight with other competitors For cracking Gate Exam.

Because A Guy with Master's degree holders in any branch i.e either Science,Mathematics,Statistics Or Computer Applications Or any equivalent Are Eligible to write
& Even Those are in Pre final Or final year can also join this Competition.

If you have not Register for this year Gate then Don't worry Apply it for Next Year with full Preparations. So, that you won't find any difficulty Giving Gate.

Keep tracking Or for more Informations Official Website
Good luck.

11th August 2011, 10:53 AM
DN358
Banned

yes friend , a Master's degree holder in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes are eligible to appear for GATE....

11th August 2011, 10:54 AM
DN358
Banned

yes friend , a Master's degree holder in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes are eligible to appear for GATE....

11th August 2011, 06:04 PM
meeanki

dear

yes you are eligible to fight in GATE examination.

so after M,Sc in Biochemistry you are eligible for GATE examination.
even in final year or prefinal year of M.Sc you may apply for GATE.

11th August 2011, 07:31 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Arrow Re: Can I apply for GATE after M.Sc. in Biochemistry?

you shall be eligible to apply for M.Tech course.
You may apply for the course through local course entrance exams but personally i recommend you to go for this course through GATE as you can have many advantages like getting stipend every month, standard in learning concpets, having good placement opportunities as soon as you complete your post graduation,
You may feel the exam to be hard but it shall fetch you a lot when compared with normal post graduate degree value.
So strive hard to crack the GATE exam and lead a happy life.
The notification for GATE shall be released in the mid of september so do apply and try your luck if you are not selected then try out local colleges.

22nd September 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for GATE after M.Sc. in Biotechnology?

7th May 2012, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

can i apply after my B.Sc in physics

7th July 2012, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

sir , can i apply for gate after B.Sc in physics

24th July 2012, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for gate exam after M.Sc Statistics for gate exam? If yes, then wthat is the benefit of clearing gate exam after M.Sc Statistics.

5th August 2012, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

hello its Priya here and i m M. Sc microbiology. may i know the advantages of crakin gate after m. Sc? i mean is der any chance to get registered for phd after passing gate exam?

21st September 2012, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

What all papers is an msc.biotechnology graduate eligible for?

26th December 2013, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

I AM Msc(Chemistry)if i will clear GATE then what are the opportunities

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?