1st September 2019, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write the NDA entrance examination with PCB subject combination?

I have completed my Intermediate from Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) subject combination. So, am I eligible to appear for NDA examination and join Indian Army?

4th September 2019, 07:24 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write the NDA entrance examination with PCB subject combination?

The full form of NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission.

NDA examination is conducted for selection of candidates into Army, Navy and Air Force. For Navy and Air Force, Mathematics and Physics is necessary. If you are PCB science stream candidate, then you can apply for NDA exam for Indian Army.

You must have knowledge of Mathematics upto 10th at least. There is a paper of Mathematics, you can not skip. The age criteria for candidates of all category is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
5th September 2019, 04:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write the NDA entrance examination with PCB subject combination?

Having completed your Class 12th in Science stream with PCB combination, you are eligible to apply for NDA (National Defence Academy) examination and to join Indian Army wing of NDA, as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

But, apart from the educational qualification to be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you need to be an Indian unmarried male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years. Also, you must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding the NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
6th September 2019, 01:25 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination. Candidates with PCB stream are eligible for recruitment in Indian Army after qualifying in the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?