19th July 2011, 04:03 PM
vbinu9

Is Anna University approved by AICTE?

I wanted to know about the Anna University...Is anna university approved by A.I.C.T.E?

20th July 2011, 10:33 AM
abhi789
Banned

Default Re: Is Anna University approved by AICTE?

what the hell you are asking?it's a world class university.it is under 20 rank in india.frnd all degree related to engineering are approved by aicte.
20th July 2011, 03:15 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbinu9 View Post
I wanted to know about the Anna University...Is anna university approved by A.I.C.T.E?
Anna University is affiliated by UGC And UGC have accredited Anna University with Five Star Status in 2002 which is the highest rating.

So, Please dont worry because University Is Affiliated by UGC and there is no need to approved by AICTE Because University no need to approved by AICTE, If they are approved by UGC.

And According to the law, University do not required approval from AICTE. Only Institutes needs the AICTE Approval.

So, please dont worry Anna University is Approved by University Grant Commission (UGC). So You can take admission in this University because there is no issue to take admission in Anna University because the University is approved by UGC and If the University are approved/Affiliated by UGC and Not By AICTE then The University was Recognised University Of India.

And If you want to get More Information About Anna University Then please visit the Official Website -

http://www.annauniv.edu
20th July 2011, 03:50 PM
jallipalli.ananth

anna university AICTE approved.
20th July 2011, 03:50 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

NO ,anna university is not a AICTE approved but its a UGC recognized university .First you should know what is difference between the AICTE approved OR UGC approved colleges.

All India Council for Technical Education i.e AICTE.It is an accreditation agency that grades the educational institutions offering technical courses for higher studies. Higher grading awarded by AICTE means that the curriculum, the faculty, the facilites offered by the Insitution so graded is superior. and vice versa.

National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) was established by the UGC i.e University Grants Commission (UGC) in September 1994 at Bangalore for evaluating the performance of the Universities and Colleges in the Country. NAAC's mandate includes the task of performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation of universities and colleges in the country.Its is as good as AICTE .

Hence do not worry UGC recognized colleges are also very good and their records and placement are better then the some of AICTE colleges.So its not like that anna university is not good its good its just that it hasn't got its AICTE accreditation yet.
20th July 2011, 04:15 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,
Anna University is not approved by A.I.C.T.E but is one of the highest ranked approved by the UGC.

The Universities which are approved by the UGC then they not need to be approved by the AICTE and the are recognized Universities.

Best Wishes........
20th July 2011, 05:25 PM
sanjeev26

No, Anna university Is approved by UGC. to know more check official website of Anna university
http://www.annauniv.edu
20th July 2011, 09:23 PM
kunjeyan5282

yes,it is an approved university
20th July 2011, 11:36 PM
Arsalaan

Anna University is affiliated to University Grant Commission i.e. UGC , hence being a university it does not require A.I.C.T.E.
UGC has given it a 5 star rating which is the highest.
But yes for running B.Tech degree courses it may need to take A.I.C.T.E. approval.
21st July 2011, 02:21 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
College Of Engineering Anna University(AICTE Approved)
Guindy Chennai 600 025 Tamil Nadu
Courses:M.E / M.Tech: Mechatronics(Seats: 18), Software Engineering(Seats: 18), Construction Engg & Management(Seats: 18), Hydrology & Water Resources Engg(Seats: 18), Irrigation Water Management(Seats: 18), Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engg(Seats: 18), Structural Engg(Seats: 18), Urban Engg(Seats: 18), Computer Sc & Engg(Seats: 18), High Voltage Engg / Power System Engg(Seats: 18), Power Electronics(Seats: 18), Control & Instrumentation(Seats: 18), Applied Electronics / Communication Systems(Seats: 18), Energy Engg(Seats: 24), Engg Design(Seats: 24), Industrial Engg(Seats: 18), Production Engg(Seats: 18), Refri & Air Conditioning Engg / Ic Engines(Seats: 24), Medical Electronics(Seats: 18), Communication(Seats: 18), Avionics(Seats: 18), Aeronautical Engg(Seats: 18), Automobile Engg(Seats: 18), Instrumentation(Seats: 18), Construction Engg & Management(Seats: 18), Hydrology & Water Resources Engg(Seats: 18), High Voltage Engg / Power System Engg(Seats: 18), Power Electronics(Seats: 24), Control & Instrumentation(Seats: 18), Energy Engg(Seats: 18), Engg Design(Seats: 18), Industrial Engg(Seats: 18), Production Engg(Seats: 18), Refri & Air Conditioning Engg / Ic Engines(Seats: 18), Medical Electronics(Seats: 24), Optical Communication(Seats: 18), Polymer Sc & Engg(Seats: 18), (Seats: 18), emote Sensing(Seats: 18), Laser & Electro Optical Engg(Seats: 18), Polymer Sc & Engg(Seats: 18), Laser & Electro Optical Engg(Seats: 18), Environmental Engg(Seats: 12), Operation Research(Seats: 12), Environmental Engg(Seats: 12), Operation Research (Seats: 12)
Attached Files
File Type: doc riit_md.doc(125.5 KB, 272 views)
21st July 2011, 08:44 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Is Anna University approved by AICTE?

Dear friend,

The universities are not suppose to be approved by AICTE, the approval is given to the universities by UGC (University Grant Commission), but many colleges under Anna university are approved by AICTE.

The Anna University , which is of the affiliated type is a member of the Association of Indian Universities, the Association of Commonwealth Universities and Partner of UNESCO International Center for Engineering Education (UICEE).

UGC have accredited Anna University with Five Star Status in 2002 which is the highest rating. With proven capabilities both in academic and research areas, Anna University was able to receive this honour for a period of five years for excellence in Technical Education.

All the best.......................
25th July 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

there are many posts about anna uni.. for approvel of aicte some says it is and some says it is not but i have to conform that if any uni.. is approved by ugc and not by aicte then the degree of b.tech is count in graduation {for other related exam as ias} ,or not plz plz tell me openly
5th June 2012, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

is anna university ugc recognised?
6th November 2012, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

I came to from one of my friends that M.E. in CIM not accepted by the Tamilnadu public service commission for lecturer recruitment. If so why ANNA UNIVERSITY kept mum?.What is the future of the present students?
3rd April 2013, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

is anna university is government recognised universirty?
24th July 2013, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Is Charotar University of science and technology approved by UGC ? What is meaning of ** in the list of UGC recognized universities given by UGC on it's site?
29th July 2013, 05:11 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend Anna university is not recognized by AICTE.

AICTE stands for All India Council of Technical Education.

Anna university is recognized by UGC(Union Grant commission).

Anna University was established on 4th September 1978 as a unitary type university.

It offers the higher education in engineering,Technology and allied sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society.

Best of luck.......
7th January 2017, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

I s part time ME Applied Electronics course (2013- 16) at University college of Engineering Nagercoil is approved by AICTE?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?