20th March 2018, 09:22 AM
Meenuaadhii

Is B.Ed compulsory to become HS Teacher of Sociology? Eligibility to appear in SET(Sociology)?

Sir, I have completed M.A. in Sociology. I want to be a teacher for Sociology subject in Higher Secondary. So, for Higher Secondary teacher in Sociology, B.Ed is required or not? What is eligibility criteria for SET exam in sociology?

31st March 2018, 03:24 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is B.Ed compulsory to become HS Teacher of Sociology? Eligibility to appear in SET(Sociology)?

As far as you are concerned about the compulsion of B.Ed * Bachelor of Education ) degree course for becoming a teacher in higher secondary school then I would like to let you know that for teaching in secondary or higher secondary school B.Ed is compulsory irrespective of maximum educational qualification of candidate. Apart from pursuing B.Ed after regular degree course candidate has to qualify TET ( Teacher Eligibility Test ) for recruitment as a teacher in recognized schools.

Further, for appearing in SET ( School Entrance Test ) a candidate is required to have completed his/her master degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates. With, the same qualification you can even appear in NET ( National Eligibility Test ) for your recruitment as assistant professor/lecturer in central universities.
31st March 2018, 06:12 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Ed compulsory to become HS Teacher of Sociology? Eligibility to appear in SET(Sociology)?

For recruitment as TGT or PGT in government schools it is mandatory to have B.Ed from a recognised university.

So, if you do not possess B.Ed qualification you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination for the recruitment in higher secondary.

But if you want to appear for SET examination then the required qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university. The minimum required is 55% with relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted for recruitment as assistant professor in government colleges. There is no age limit to appear for examination.
31st March 2018, 06:35 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed is compulsory to become a government school teacher.

Eligibility criteria for SET exam are as follows:-
Candidate must be a B.Ed degree holder from a recognized university.
Candidate age should not less than 21 years.
Upper age limit is not required.
Candidate must have scored atleast 50 percent in B.Ed also.
31st March 2018, 06:57 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First of all I would like to let you know that for becoming a government school teacher a professional teacher training course along with regular degree course is must and hence you are required to possess B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) along with M.A. in Sociology degree course to be eligible for becoming teacher in government secondary or higher secondary school by qualifying TETs such as CTET and state TETs.

Also, the minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in SET is a master degree in that subject which you have opted for appearing in SET with at least 55% marks ( or 50% marks in case you belong to reserved category ) from a recognized university. Candidates qualifying SET are eligible for becoming lecturer any universities funded by concerned state government.
31st March 2018, 07:05 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, B.Ed is the mandatory qualification to appear for examination to get recruitment as teacher in higher secondary.

So you are not eligible for higher secondary teacher.

SET is conducted for recruitment as lecturer in government colleges. The eligibility for SET is that :

Candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55% from a recognised university.

There is no age limit to appear for examination.
18th February 2020, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

I have complite my post graduate 80percent
But i m not doining Bed so os it possible fo CTet or other exam
19th March 2021, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

I am now doing ma. Sociology after completing B.ed in natural science. Can i become a sociology teacher ?
20th April 2021, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for SET with MA Sociology (55%) and BEd in Physical Science?
12th May 2021, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

am I eligible to PGT Sociology after completion of MSW ?
4th June 2021, 02:45 PM
Singhskomal

Hello,
B.ed (bachelor's in education) is compulsory degree for teaching field...if you want to become TGT graduation minimum 50% and b.ed is compulsory and if you want to become PGT postgraduate minimum 50 % and b.ed is compulsory....
SET( state eligibility test)- eligibility for set exam are master's degree with minimum 55% with recognized University...this exams for lectureship...
All the best...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?