2nd September 2011, 08:41 PM
mparul

Are B.Tech Automobile Engineers not allowed to appear for IAS exam?

sir, i came to know that graduates with b.tech in automobile engg. are not allowed to apppear in ias exams .
so plz clear this to me as i am doing b.tech in automobile engg.
sir plz answer this to me i will be very grateful to you sir
thank you

15th September 2011, 09:53 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Lightbulb Re: Are B.Tech Automobile Engineers not allowed to appear for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparul View Post
sir, i came to know that graduates with b.tech in automobile engg. are not allowed to apppear in ias exams .
thank you
No No nothing like that there is no limitations for appearing in Exams like IAS i.e., UPSC Civil Service examination..

Every graduate is eligible for UPSC CSE(IAS Examination).

I think you are confused with IAS and IES examinations. You are eligible for even IES also but only thing is you will not have your core subjects for that i.e., you have to apply for IES if you wish under Mechanical trade.

I think you are now cleared with your eligibility criteria i.e., two clear bullet points.
->you are eligible for IAS entrance examination after your B.tech Automobile engineering.
->every graduate with the age of 21 years will have eligibility to write IAS exam.

This is all about your question.
if you have any further doubts just log on to official web link for clarifications
The official website can be viewed Here Just Click

Regards

~aditya
15th September 2011, 10:52 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Are B.Tech Automobile Engineers not allowed to appear for IAS exam?

dear friend,

UPSC(Union Public Service Commition) conducted every year the IAS(Indian Administrative Services) examination.According to the ranking of UPSC examination IAS and IPS(Indian Police Service) officers are selected.The offical website for UPSC is given below..

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Generally three types of engineering category are eligible for this examination.These are given below..

1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering

So as you are from automobile background you are not eligible for this aspect.
But there is an examination held called CSE(Civil Service Examination) under UPSC.You can attempt this.

all the best.
good luck.
15th September 2011, 11:22 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Hi ,
For UPSC CSE exam graduation is necessary.

I think you are confused with IAS and IES examinations. You are eligible for even IES also but only thing is you will not have your core subjects for that i.e., you have to apply for IES if you wish under Mechanical trade.

I think you are now cleared with your eligibility criteria i.e., two clear bullet points.
*you are eligible for IAS entrance examination after your B.tech Automobile engineering.
*every graduate with the age of 21 years will have eligibility to write IAS exam.
15th September 2011, 11:58 AM
abhi1919

yes, you are eligiblefor both ias and ies.
but as you are a engineer, ias is not for you, it is ies which is for you.
ias get administrative work whereas ies get engineering work like telephonic deparment of the city, electrical department of the city and rail department and many other sector .but as you are doing automotive engineering you will get indian ordinance factory or indian supplt service or indian railways . buddy, both of them are same. in ies there is seven posts which increases with your experience.
15th September 2011, 12:14 PM
Aryan6300

Yes u can appear in ias exam
15th September 2011, 12:42 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Are B.Tech Automobile Engineers not allowed to appear for IAS exam?

Quote:
thank you
Eligibility for IAS

There is no such restriction on anyone whatsoever to appear for the UPSC Civil Service Exam

According to the UPSC gidelines,the following candidates are eligible for appearing in the Civil Service Exams

1) A candidate must be a graduate in any stream with any percentage but from a recognized college..

2) The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category, 21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

There are a maximum number of 4 attempts for general,7 for OBC and no limit for SC/ST

There are two rounds :-

1) Prelims :- this round will test your aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs

2) Mains :- if you clear the prelims then you shall be eligible for the Mains where your knowledge of your graduation subjects

if you clear both rounds then you will be called up for the interview and the final selection

all the best..

~Hope this helps~
With Warm Regards
Nitz
15th September 2011, 12:52 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear all branches are eligible for the IAS exam only the eligibility criteria is

Age Limit
A general category candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August 2012
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
(iv) upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof:
(v) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2006 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2006) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment.
(vi) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2006 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
(vii) upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
NOTE I-Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para 3(ii) (b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K, blind, deaf-mute and orthopadically handicapped etc. will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
NOTE II-The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
Note III-The age concession under para 3(ii) (b) (v) and (vi) will not be admissible to Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs who are released on own reguest.
NOTE IV- Notwithstanding the provision of age-relaxation under para 3(ii) (b) (vii) above, a physically disabled candidate will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services/posts to be allocated to the physically disabled candidates by the Government.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.
These certificates are required to be submitted only at the time of applying for the Civil Services (Main) Examination.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.
The expression Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
NOTE 1:- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Note 2 :- Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.
Note 3 :- The candidate should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in column 8 of the application form for the Preliminary Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the commission under the Rules.

all the best
15th September 2011, 01:13 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
there is no such rule for Automobile engineer that they can appear the IAS exam ,
The criteria are as follows for IAS exam..
*The candidates should be a graduate from any discipline , from a recognize university,
*the age limit is 22 - 30 yrs,
There is a relaxation for sc/st & obc candidates .
*this exam is conducted by upsc for more details you can contact official website of
upsc.

here is the exam pattern for IAS exam ....

good luck....
15th September 2011, 01:14 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
there is no such rule for Automobile engineer that they can appear the IAS exam ,
The criteria are as follows for IAS exam..
*The candidates should be a graduate from any discipline , from a recognize university,
*the age limit is 22 - 30 yrs,
There is a relaxation for sc/st & obc candidates .
*this exam is conducted by upsc for more details you can contact official website of
upsc.

here is the exam pattern for IAS exam ....

good luck....
15th September 2011, 01:59 PM
ex09253

Hi,

No there is nothing like that with IAS exam. You just got to be a graduate to appear in the IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

Hope this helps
15th September 2011, 02:00 PM
ex09253

Hi,

No there is nothing like that with IAS exam. You just got to be a graduate to appear in the IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

Hope this helps
15th September 2011, 02:21 PM
Brijesh6300

Yes , when you compleates your graduation you can appear in ias
15th September 2011, 02:40 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definitely, B.Tech Automobile Engineers are allowed to appear for IAS exam.

the eligibility criteria for IAS exam is

>>Minimum Educational Qualifications:

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

>>Nationality
candidate must be a citizen of India.

>>Age Limits:

21-30 years for general candidate.

etc.

As you are a degree holder, so you are eligiable for the IAS eaxm.

BEST OF LUCK..........
15th September 2011, 03:29 PM
Tulasinagababu

Academic Eligibility for IAS Exams

* A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
* Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.
* The UPSC may in exceptional cases treat a candidate without the foregoing requisite qualification as an eligible candidate if he / she has passed an examination conducted by other institutions, the standard of which justifies his / her admission in the opinion of the Commission.

* Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.
* Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However they must submit along with their Main Examination application, a certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they have passed the final professional medical examination. At the Interview stage they must then produce a certificate from a competent authority that they have completed (including internship) all the requirements for the award of the Medical Degree.

Other Eligibility Conditions for IAS Exams

(1) Nationality
i. Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.
ii. For other services a candidate can be either of the following:

a. a citizen of India,
b. a subject of Nepal,
c. a subject of Bhutan,
d. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
e. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire or Zambia with the intention of permanently settling in India. Candidates belonging to either categories of b., c., d. or e., must produce an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India. Those who belong to either of b., c., or d., categories are not eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.

(2) Age Limit
i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
o on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
o on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
o on invalidment.
f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
15th September 2011, 03:44 PM
avi141roy

you don't bother about your branch.
anyone who has a bachelor's degree in any discipline is eligible in appearing the exam i.e. IAS
15th September 2011, 03:48 PM
saugata2008

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam -
1.Graduation from any recognized university .
2.Age limit = 21 to 30 years .
3.Number of permissible attempts = 4 times (7 times for sc/st)

Fee = 100/-

The IAS exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year and any graduate student can apply for the exam .
So as a B.tech Automobile student you are eligible for the exam .

Thank you
15th September 2011, 05:38 PM
sushilmaurya1983

according to you automobile engineer not allowed in a IAS exam but this information is wrong in IAS exam who candidate eligible which do btech in electronic,mechanical,civil...........
15th September 2011, 06:03 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Definitely,you can go for IAS (Indian Administrative Services)
as you are graduate.
IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is basically for those who are firmly determined for dedication of themselves towards the own country.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam
1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

for more visit:http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th September 2011, 06:20 PM
vijendradutt

For becoming an IAS officer :
(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification
15th September 2011, 07:06 PM
Tapan Manoharmayum

Quote:
thank you
I think every student who have completed graduation is eligible to appear in IAS.I didn't hear such things.

Thank You!
16th September 2011, 12:27 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

->you are eligible for IAS entrance examination after your B.tech Automobile engineering.
->every graduate with the age of 21 years will have eligibility to write IAS exam.
16th September 2011, 12:28 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

first of all i would like to tell you one thing that all the graduate students from any recognized Indian university with any discipline are allowed to attempt the IAS ( Indian administrative services ) exam.
this exam is carried for once a year.

the age limit criteria for this exam is as follows

21 to 30 years for the candidates of the general category
21 to 33 for the candidates of the OBC category and 21 to 35 for the candidates of the sc/st category.

here i am mentioning the procedure of the exam

IAS exam is divided into three major parts

1) preliminary exam
2) main exam
3) interview

preliminary exam is consist of the general studies an one optional subject and main exam is of about 2100 marks and wieghtage of the interview is about 300 marks.

the overall rank is determined from the aggregate score in the all of three parts of the exam.

to know more about the IAS exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
best luck
with regards
16th September 2011, 10:04 AM
Brijesh6300

No any graduate can apply to appear in ias.
automobile engg. Like you can appear this exam.
16th September 2011, 10:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
thank you
dear friend,

B-TECH automobile are eligible for IAS exam.Because B-TECH course is graduation course.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?