30th March 2010, 11:20 AM
abhra1ne

BE/B.Tech/B.Arch Lateral Entry Admissions for civil engg. Diploma Holder?

Sir,i am a civil engineering diploma 2nd yr 4th sem student from kolkata wb.I want to join B.Tech through lateral entry after completing my diploma.Now i need the info listed below.

1.which all india basis exam i shall have to sit for(like aieee)?

2.what is the syllabus for the exam?

3.which state wise exams i shall have to sit for?

4.what are the syllabuses for the exams?
my email- [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Diploma holder in Civil stream can appear in B.E. or B.Tech Lateral Entry Scheme?
  2. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  3. Are Lateral Entry admissions possible in IIT after Diploma?
  4. What is lateral entry syllabus of JELET and Jharkhand entry test for diploma holder student in chemical engg
  5. Can I apply for AIEEE lateral entry after passing diploma in Metallurgy engineering
  6. How may i get admission through lateral entry in Diploma (GOVT POLY) course in Kerala?
  7. How to get lateral Entry in B.E courses who have passed diploma from outside Karnataka?
  8. Can I do B.Arch if I am a diploma in holder in civil engineering? What percentage is the eligibility for B.Arch lateral entry?
  9. Am I eligible for lateral entry 2nd year diploma at an age of 35?
  10. What should I do after completing diploma in civil engineering? Will I get lateral entry in NIT or IIT college?
  11. Diploma holder can get lateral entry into B.Tech without doing 11 and 12?
  12. Information about lateral entry in Civil Engineering? Which are the top colleges in North India which provide lateral entry in Civil Engineering? Dates of the entrance tests?
  13. Is it possible for lateral entry diploma holder to government job? -- [New]
  14. Previous year question papers for lateral entry admission in Bihar?
  15. Procedure for admission in IP Engineering College Delhi for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering after diploma? Any admission test for lateral entry in mechanical engineering?
  16. Colleges offering lateral B.Tech admission for 2 years diploma holder?
  17. Exam details for admission of lateral entry after 1st year of diploma?
  18. Possibility to get Lateral Entry in NIT for Diploma Mechanical student?
4th April 2010, 08:14 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Default Re: BE/B.Tech/B.Arch Lateral Entry Admissions for civil engg. Diploma Holder?

you need to mention the college or university in which you want to atke admission because different colleges have different pattern and then you can log on to the website of that colege for the details
8th April 2010, 11:17 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: BE/B.Tech/B.Arch Lateral Entry Admissions for civil engg. Diploma Holder?

1.AIEEE (But lateral entry is not meant for NIT's).
KIITEE
VITEEE.
AMU engineering entrance exam..
Jamia millia islamia engineering entrance.

2. Syllabus:
Physics:
General physics
Mechanics
Thermal Physics
Electricity and magnetism
Optics
Modern physics

Chemistry:
General Topics
Gaseous and Liquid States
Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
Energetics
Chemical equilibrium
Electrochemistry
Chemical kinetics
Solid state
Solutions
Surface chemistry
Nuclear chemistry
Isolation/preparation and properties of the following non-metals
Preparation and properties of the following compounds
Extractive metallurgy
Ores and minerals
Transition elements (3d series).
Preparation and properties of the following compounds
Preparation, properties and reactions of alkanes
Concepts
Principles of qualitative analysis
Phenols. Preparation, properties and reactions of alkenes and alkynes
Reactions of benzene
Carbohydrates
Amino acids and peptides
2Properties and uses of some important polymers
Practical organic chemistry

Mathematics:
Algebra
Trigonometry
Two dimensions geometry
Differential Calculus
Three dimensions geometry
Integral Calculus
Vectors.
3D &2D (only for AIEEE).
Syllabus is more or less equivalent to CBSE or Other class 12 (PCM).
3. Different state conducts different entrance for it.For example- west Bengal conducts its own entrance for lateral entry scheme which is known as JELET.
4. Syllabus for state wise or anyother lateral entry scheme is based on your diploma engineering syllabus.

But since you are presently in your 2nd year,you can not appear for latreral entry unless you have completed your diploma of appearing in final semester.

Best of Luck

Last edited by faiyaz; 29th April 2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Correction
18th April 2010, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my HSC with 89% in 2004.I want to join B.Arch now.I didn't attend AIEEE or NATA.Can I Join for B.Arch in any colleges in india?Is there age limit For B.Arch ?
Please inform me...
20th April 2010, 04:43 PM
abhra1ne

Red face Re: BE/B.Tech/B.Arch Lateral Entry Admissions for civil engg. Diploma Holder?

thanks
now pls tell me about direct admission (B.Tech in civil or B.Arch) in 2nd yr. at chennai ,bangaluru,mumbai and delhi 's some reputated colleges.pls tell me how can i contact with them.i mean their address , ph no,web sites and email.
21st April 2010, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

I am 29 years old.I have completed Bsc Chemistry.I am working in civil construction field with my brother for the past 6 years.
I want to do some course in civil engineering or Architecture. What are all the possibilities? Please suggest me.
21st April 2010, 03:32 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
I have completed my HSC with 89% in 2004.I want to join B.Arch now.I didn't attend AIEEE or NATA.Can I Join for B.Arch in any colleges in india?Is there age limit For B.Arch ?
Please inform me...
You have scored well in your HSC,but too late to realise that you have to join B.arch.
Since,you had passed your HSC in 2004,you can not appear for AIEEE,niether for IITJEE.The only way is to go through NATA.But you have also missed this chance this year.

NATA-2010 has been conducted on 01.03.2010.So you can appear for it next time.Please keep visiting NATA official website- http://www.nata.in

Quote:
thanks
now pls tell me about direct admission (B.Tech in civil or B.Arch) in 2nd yr. at chennai ,bangaluru,mumbai and delhi 's some reputated colleges.pls tell me how can i contact with them.i mean their address , ph no,web sites and email.
I think you are little confused between B.tech (Civil) and B.Arch. B.arch is completely different thing the B.tech (Civil),you can say B.tech (Architectural Engineering) and B.tech (Civil) are compareable.

However,if you want to go for Direct Admission I will advice you not to do so.That's because Good Institutes never conducts direct admission.In many cases of direct Admission students get Defaulted.

Best of Luck
23rd April 2010, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

How I can take admissions for B tech in civil engineering in jadavpur university & when the sessions start ?
24th April 2010, 12:35 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
How I can take admissions for B tech in civil engineering in jadavpur university & when the sessions start ?
Last year the general candidate who was admitted into Civil Engineering department of JU had scored 367 in WBJEE.

So, probably for getting into Jadavpur University for B.tech Civil you have to score within 500 in WBJEE.

90% seats are filled through WBJEE and the rest 10% had shares in AIEEE etc.

Session starts generally after results for WBJEE are announced and admission are carried out. So, hardly session will start on or before 15 july.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
27th April 2010, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am B.Tech in Civil engineering,want to join architecture (M.arch) can I Eligible to join.
If not ,than Guide me for Lateral Entry Admissions in b.arch is it Possible.
Thanking You.
Sushil
28th April 2010, 09:34 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Dear sir, I am B.Tech in Civil engineering,want to join architecture (M.arch) can I Eligible to join.
If not ,than Guide me for Lateral Entry Admissions in b.arch is it Possible.
Thanking You.
Sushil
No ! at least in India it is not possible. you are not eligible for M.arch.For persuing M.Arch the minimum requirement is B.Arch with good percentage.Candidates with B.E./B.tech (civil) are not eligible for M.Arch.However, there will be some possibilies with B.tech (Architechural Engineering).

However, you can go for M.plan (Master of Planing).

Why do you want to go for Lateral Entry Scheme to B.Arch I am unable to understand.

And at this stage as you had completed your B.tech (Civil) there is no possibilities for Lateral Entry, however if some how it would be possible then it is worth doing so.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~
28th April 2010, 09:48 PM
quddus

Hi friend...............

There are many entrance exam for getting admission in btech like kittee, vittee, amu university, jamia milia islamia university and many more. If you want to get direct admission then many private institutes offer for it and mostly in Bangalore. And the syllabus is likely similar to CBSE syllabus.
All the best and thank you!
2nd May 2010, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

pl.let me know what are the colleges/universities offering admission in B.Arch based on only NATA score my email [email protected]
4th May 2010, 01:14 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
pl.let me know what are the colleges/universities offering admission in B.Arch based on only NATA score my email [email protected]
Any good Institute will conduct either there own admission test besides NATA score or will clubed up with state Entrance score.

For example- For getting admission into B.Arch course at JAdavpur University candidate must have valid NATA score and a valid WBJEE score.

However, I think there are many Institutes which offers admission only on NATA scores.

For example- Amity University, you have required to score at least within 100 in NATA for getting into there.

Best of Luck
15th May 2010, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

i will be finishing my diploma in architecture this year. i want to do B. Arch. can you suggest any college that can enroll me in second year via. lateral entry?
25th May 2010, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

hello....im a 3rd year b.tech civil student....!!! i would like to know if there is any course that i can persuade in architecture after completing my present course.. either here or abroad?? pls do help me out!!
26th May 2010, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

can i get addmission in diploma after hsc as i got low marks in hsc that is 4o% in pcm what should i do please suggest me
27th May 2010, 01:33 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hello....im a 3rd year b.tech civil student....!!! i would like to know if there is any course that i can persuade in architecture after completing my present course.. either here or abroad?? pls do help me out!!

Yeah you of course !

If you want to explore your career in Architecture field, then better Enroll for M.Tech (Architectural Engineering). And the the best place for studing this course is IIT's. Admission will be made through GATE, you have to perform exceptionally well to persue that course, as because all IIT's dont have faculty for that, besides this seats are also limited.

Other then IIT, the best one is Anna University. Admission is based on TANCET performance. Anna is one of the leading and prestigious institute for studing Architectural Engineering.

Quote:
can i get addmission in diploma after hsc as i got low marks in hsc that is 4o% in pcm what should i do please suggest me
Yeah sure, you have to crack the State Polytechnics Entrance or Jiont Entrance conducted by different state for admission to Polytechnics.

If your class 10 score are good at least 60% in Science group, then you can also find direct admission into private polytechnics. Or better switch to a government recognised Consultancy they will provide you admission.
27th May 2010, 04:24 PM
james armstrong

b tech doubtless, it will be helpfull, u will only need 3 years
27th May 2010, 04:41 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend,
you can take the admission in the lateral entry...through the many of the engineering exam like aieee.
iit jee.
wb jee.
orissa jee,
cusat and many more
27th May 2010, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i got 52% in my hsc and my maths marks is less than 50 now what should i do to get into iit or nit do i should do three year of diploma and than try for iit and aieee do i will be eligible than
29th May 2010, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I(from kerala) completed my 12th(cbse) dis year . my aim s to become an EC/mech engineer but d problem s that my aggregate for pcm is only48%. very sad about it. not getting admission in any colleges either in kerala or tamil nadu. nw i am planning to go for diploma &then engineering via lateral change. is it a gud choice/wrng? OR direct entry to B-tech is a good choice, if i study well? plz reply 4 dis
30th May 2010, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have ranked 6626 AI and 198 HS in aieee from west bengal..is it possible to get into jadavpur university through the 10 % aieee quota??
5th June 2010, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i had completed diploma electrical&electronic engineering percentage of 90.4%.i have apply for B.E direct second year in 2010.may i get government college?
6th June 2010, 07:58 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Sir, i had completed diploma electrical&electronic engineering percentage of 90.4%.i have apply for B.E direct second year in 2010.may i get government college?
Yes why not? Your percentage is awesome. I would recommend you to take up the entrance test like LEET,IPUCET,LEET-TU which can get you into direct second year into some good colleges

Cheers
6th June 2010, 08:02 PM
satyavani
Senior Member++

Quote:
hi,
i think you can try to join in shool of planning and archtecture,they give chance to students from civil engineering branch also
all the best
11th June 2010, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i had completed diploma civil engineering percentage of 60.4%.i need apply for B.E archicitecture in 2010. and i need to write nata exam so pls tell me any idea. and i need to go to nata tution pls help me sir
17th June 2010, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

SIR, I HAD COMPLETED DIPLOMA IN ARCHITECTURE ASSISTANSHIP IN 2010 I WANT TO CONTINUOUS MY HIGHER STUDY IN AIEEE OR NATA WITH LATERAL ENTRY IS IT POSSIBLE PLEASE SUGGEST ME......?????
17th June 2010, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

It is possible to lateral entry in B. Arch after 3.5 years diploma in architecture assistanship(sw) in NATA & AIEEE (nit)
26th June 2010, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

sir i have finished my diploma in civil engg,i like to join B-arch pls tell can i join B-arch and tell a good univercity plsss.......
28th June 2010, 12:16 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

If anyone want to persue B.Arch being a graduate or Engineer from any other field then the only way is NATA.

Mnimum Qualification for which is +2 pass and As per COA rules, a candidate applying to any school / college of architecture in India should have achieved 40% score in the total NATA score, i.e. at least 80/200, for consideration of admission into first year B.Arch. (In then 11th page of NATA Information Brouchure)

Even a Graduate can appear for it, but TOP institutes of COA except students of +2 (PCM) with at least 60% aggregate.

What is NATA? Provide me Complete Details.

For that purpose I have attached the Information Brouchure of NATA 2010 which will provide you complete details of it.

Kindly found the attachment below.

Advice: Civil Engineers are advice not to do so, they have to face many difficulties and problems will obstacle in there way. For them better option is ME/M.Tech (Architectural Engineering) as very few institute in India offers that course it will be little tough to get in but better option. I think in India Anna University is considered best for it.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2010_NATA_Brochure.pdf(85.8 KB, 217 views)
28th June 2010, 12:39 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend
you can directly apply for lovely professional university punjab because admission is now opened so more details www.lpu.in.
28th June 2010, 07:31 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhra1ne View Post
Sir,i am a civil engineering diploma 2nd yr 4th sem student from kolkata wb.I want to join B.Tech through lateral entry after completing my diploma.Now i need the info listed below.

HAI

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Minimum 60% aggregate in diploma in engg in any branch or 60% in BSc wiyh P.C.M.Candidates having Diploma in arch is eligible only for civil engg.The sale of admission brochure cum application form:1st april 2010 onwards.Admission will be on the basis of merit.Lat date for submission of application:24-6-2010.
28th June 2010, 07:35 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Smile Re: BE/B.Tech/B.Arch Lateral Entry Admissions for civil engg. Diploma Holder?

Dear,
You may give exams for VIT,AIEEE(IIIT's or other colleges), jamia's etc some other good colleges of UPSEAT.
28th June 2010, 09:59 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:

Hi
Below are the exam you may attempt.
-Maharashtra CET
-AIEEE
-MPPET
-Karnataka CET
-UPCET

You can directly contact several college of state like Maharashtra, KArnataka, etc
Syllabus- same as you are studied in your diploma and 11th and 12th class .
Good luck
7th July 2010, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

what r the procedure for taking admission in direct second year enggineering for diploma holder
10th July 2010, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

i completed my diploma in civil with 81%. can i take admission for B.architecture?
17th July 2010, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

i am complete my diplima in civil engneering with 51% and i want to applied in nata so my problem is connected with my lower % so please give me guidence about my problem. my e-mail id is [email protected]
18th July 2010, 02:56 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi you have to give the entrance exam of the different colleges then only you can get the admission
22nd July 2010, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

I am completed my diploma in electronics and telecom from IETE (Institute of Telecom. Engineers,delhi) I scored 54% marks and working in a civil construction from last 5 years, can I get admission for lateral entry in J.U or any other AICTE college or any distance mode education for B.E or B.Tech ? and another question is degree from rajasthan university is valid for Govt. Job/PSC exam or UPSC exam,

govind, kolkata
29th July 2010, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to direct admission in B.Arc in bangalore my cont. no 919694724742
30th July 2010, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

sir i have three years diploma in architecture. i want take admission in b.tech civil. can i take admission in b.tech civil threw lateral entry in b.tech civil. i am in jaipur. i went all engineering college in jaipur for admission but they said that rajasthan technical university cannot allow to take admission in lateral entry in b.tech civil for architecture diploma holders.
please help me
31st July 2010, 02:45 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: BE/B.Tech/B.Arch Lateral Entry Admissions for civil engg. Diploma Holder?

Quote:

you will get your each problem's solution in the prospectus of the entrace exam in which you want to admission.or go to there official website.
3rd August 2010, 10:59 PM
prathamesh22

ntrance exam for getting admission in btech like kittee, vittee, amu university, jamia milia islamia university and many more If you want to get direct admission
7th August 2010, 02:05 PM
rohit_k

dear sir
you can getting admission directly in lovely professional university punjab.this university can provided largest scholarship scheme for every rank students only.
7th August 2010, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

now i am appearing 5th sem in diploma in architecture. what the possibilities for lateral admission in b.arch or b.tech in civil?
8th August 2010, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

now i am appearing 5th sem in diploma in architecture. what the possibilities for admission in b.arch or b.tech in civil?
9th August 2010, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
sir i am jaswant i have three years diploma in architecture. I want take admission in b.tech civil. Can i take admission in b.tech civil threw lateral entry in b.tech civil. I am in jaipur. I went all engineering college in jaipur for admission but they said that rajasthan technical university cannot allow to take admission in lateral entry in b.tech civil for architecture diploma holders.
Please help me
i have 57.2%in diploma. I belongs to s.c. I passed my h.sc.in 2003.
Can i take in b.tech civil threw lateral entry
my con. No.09887816756
plz. Reply me
18th August 2010, 12:34 PM
rajasimman

no sir i want can the diploma civil engineer can write entrance in aieee and others
22nd August 2010, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

can a civil diploma holder go to b arch ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?