15th June 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Tech equivalent to B.Sc? To become a Maths Teacher do they ask for BSc?

I have done B.tech in Computer Science and Engineering,from I.E.T.Lucknow.
I want to know if my degree is equivalent to B.Sc.
I have also done my B.ed.
For maths teacher they require B.Sc.
Is B.tech equivalent to B.Sc?

15th June 2011, 06:13 PM
spms

Default Re: Is B.Tech equivalent to B.Sc? To become a Maths Teacher do they ask for BSc?

Its depends on your college norms , which you are choose to apply , it neither nor category so you are eligible to get a maths teacher
15th June 2011, 06:36 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is B.Tech equivalent to B.Sc? To become a Maths Teacher do they ask for BSc?

Hello, No never. B.Sc is the bachelor in science and B.Tech is the bachelor in technology.

If you complete B.Tech then you can add title Er. in your name but you cann't do so in case of B.Sc.

For becoming a teacher you will have to complete the B.Ed course then only you fullfill the criteria of teaching entrance exam.
15th June 2011, 06:39 PM
stranger351

No OR we can say BSc is not equal to Btech.
However you want to become Maths teacher so i think the best is for you to do BSc.
and then go for higher studies like Bed or MSc.
This is best way to become teacher.
BTech is for those who have interest in Engineering field.
15th June 2011, 06:55 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI
IN YOUR QUERY they require graduate science person
you are eligible for that

but actually B.TECH and BSC fully different
because
B.TECH is technical study
B.SC is the general science

main difference is this..............
15th June 2011, 07:03 PM
venkatgct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
friend,

generally the teachers of subjects lik maths, physics and chemistry are required to finish a b.sc m.sc and m.phil in the fields to take up a teaching job along with b.ed

if are aiming for the teacher job at the school level, the b tech degree wil do/

regards
15th June 2011, 08:00 PM
dhani12345

Smile Re: Is B.Tech equivalent to B.Sc? To become a Maths Teacher do they ask for BSc?

No, dear there are no equivalence.

But take maths also..

Ok..
15th June 2011, 08:29 PM
sachin6

First you do bsc maths and then do Med.so,then you will easily get a maths teacher job.BEST OF LUCK.
15th June 2011, 11:05 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Hello dear

you have wrong concept about it.

B.Tech is not equivalent to B.Sc. those are different field.

some how msc some times may compare to equivalent to btech.

to be a btech holder after bsc you have to appear in the lateral entry entrance.

all the best..........
16th June 2011, 12:30 AM
raja badam

B.tech is not equal to B.sc. Because B.tech is an professional course.
B.sc is not an professional course..
B.tech degree is valuable then B.sc.in B.sc syllabus is less amount when compare with B.tech.you did also B.ed so you are eligible for teach you.
16th June 2011, 12:52 AM
yatsra

B.tech is engineering graduation,b.sc is science gradute. For math teacher,a graduation is always needed.
16th June 2011, 06:41 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

No a B.Sc degree cannot be considered equivalent to B.Tech. M.Sc degree is considered more equivalent to the B.Tech degree. So you can apply for the teaching posts in schools. You will need to appear for the SET exam if you wish to teach in Government aided schools. If you wish to appear at the college level then you need an M.Tech degree.
16th June 2011, 10:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi dear,

B-tech is better than Bsc in basis of scope.if you want go for maths depatment then you have to do MSC in mathematics.

because in B-tech you have to completed 300 marks in mathematics.you have a chance for doing Msc.

so you have to go for MSc in a part time course.after that you have done bed from any distance university.

thanks

all the best
16th June 2011, 12:01 PM
sandymishra45

hiiii..sir, i have completed my schooling from k.v. which is an goverment college.
the value of B.Tech is much more than b.sc.
My computer teacher who have direct selected for PGT is done only b.tech,he also told us that he have many scopes in future to get very big ranks eg.regional officer.
If u have done b.tech no ask for b.sc.
also u have done b.ed. which is +point for u.
easly u can become a math teacher.
16th June 2011, 02:47 PM
janaki.v

B.tech is not equivalent to B.sc....since bsc includes much more emphasis on pure sciences. but to be a maths teacher a b.tech degree is sufficient. Since u have pursued b.ed too it shall definitely help you in improving your teaching capabilities.
16th June 2011, 03:27 PM
vijay anandh

DEAR,
I appreciate your interest in teaching profession....
you can be a teacher for students upto ninth standard, but its fully depends upon the school management...
but if you want to become a maths lecturer you have to do atleast UG degree in maths...
being an B.tech graduate you cannot become a maths lecturer ...so i advise you to do a UG degree in maths so that you can achieve your dream.
23rd June 2011, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

Sir, what should i do b.sc or b.tech. ? i have 78% in pcm. And i get 8603 rank in ggsipu.
25th June 2011, 11:43 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
No, my friend B.tech is not equivalent to B.sc.. however sometimes B.tech is compared with M.sc.. As you want to be a maths teacher then you have to do B.sc in Mathematics.. after that you can apply for a job of maths teacher..
all the best..
10th July 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in M.Tech(IT) in India after BSc(Hons) in Computing from UK?? Please guide me.
20th July 2011, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

IS B TECH IS EQUIVALENT TO B.A
8th October 2011, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Is B.Tech equivalent to B.ed?
22nd December 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

After b.tech can I do b.ed
17th June 2012, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

well i have done engineering in biomedical...but now i want to go in teaching line(school teaching)...i am planing for govt teaching job??....but ppl say as i m a b.e...i am not eligible for it.wt if i do a B.ed, will then ill be eligible???wt do u suggest??
23rd June 2012, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

i have done my btech with a score of 75%.. i wish to be a maths teacher(school)... what should i do nxt?? can i apply 4 a job with this qualification??
10th September 2012, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

what I should do to become a mathslecturer for B-tech students
5th December 2012, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my btech in computer science. thn can i teach in bsc,sca etc?
4th February 2013, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

I've B.Tech degree in computer science But now I want to become a govt.Maths teacher then what should I do.....Please tell me can I do B.ed.
Thanks
6th April 2013, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

i have b tech degree in cse. i want to do b ed to become a teacher in govt. school. what subject i can choose.....plz tell me soon..
10th May 2013, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

Is B.Sc computer science is equal B.E computer science?
4th April 2014, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

what is the initial step to become a maths professor?i have just completed 12th with pcm
30th September 2014, 08:12 AM
Unregistered

I m conplite be in e&tc and also complete b.ed in matches now I want to apply for matches teacher grade-1 I m elisible OE nor?
14th May 2016, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

I want to be govt lecturer..i have secured 110 marks in zee mains so what should i do bsc. Or b.tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?