20th May 2012, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best career option for me after passing 12th with PCM? I am interested in Civil Services

please tell me what are the best career options for me after 12th with PCM .i am intrested in civil services but before that i want to do any course so that i can secure my future

29th May 2012, 06:40 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which is the best career option for me after passing 12th with PCM? I am interested in Civil Services

i got 62 % in pcm wt career option for me beter?
2nd June 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which is the best career option for me after passing 12th with PCM? I am interested in Civil Services

Wat carrer option i have passing 12 but having compartment in maths
6th July 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

What i am do after passing 12 with PCM i got 84%?polytechnic is best
18th October 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

i want to become the scientist after 12 so what will my next stuady
19th October 2012, 09:23 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
AS you are interested for Civil service then after +2 you can go for your graduation degree in B.sc or if you are interested for B.tech then you can do so after graduation you can appear for Civil Service exam.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Service exam :

The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university
The candidates should a citizen of India.
The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.

No.of attempt :

General - 4
sc/st - unlimited.
Obc- 7

the exam pattern & optional subjects are as follows:

List of best books for Civil service exam:

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...............
19th October 2012, 11:57 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You have raised a very good point. Even if you want to prepare for the Civil Service Examination, you should ensure that in case you are not selected, your future is safe. A lot of people take B.A. course before applying for IAS or IPS. Now it is important to know that only 200 or 300 candidates are selected every year, others do require to get a job which could become impossible with degree like B.A. alone.

Now you have two options according to me. Either you take a graduation course like BA, B.com and then try to Civil Service Examination. If get selected that would be great, else you can pursue post graduation and find a good job.

If this sounds all right to you then the choice would be yours. You can take B.Com and later either pursue CA or Company Secretary course. Alternatively Master of Computer Application is also a very good option.

But since you are science student you can take B.Sc and later apply for M.Sc followed by lectureship or MBA or MCA course. This would be good choice for you.

However the other good option would be to pursue B.Tech. Even if you failed to clear Civil Exams, you can apply for job in PSU or other company with the help of B.Tech degree. The Bachelor of Technology degree with good percentage would definitely secure your future.

To apply for B.Tech you will have to appear for ISEET entrance exam next year. All the Engineering exams for 2012 have been concluded and from next year govt would be scrapping AIEEE and IIT-JEE entrance exams. Therefore your best option would be ISEET.

Eligibility

1. Must complete 12th with PCM from a recognized board.

2. A minimum of 40 percent marks in 12th standard.

Once you have completed the graduation, you will become eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination.
21st October 2012, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

I am 11 class student with PCM .I am intersted in civil services . If i will do computer engineering after 12 what subjects i would take
take for civil services. I AM ALSO INTERSTED in drawing and sports.
10th January 2013, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

I got 96.25% in Science class12 th boards.What now ?
17th April 2013, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance test or exam after Xii for civil services??
18th April 2013, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

I read in class 12th. After 12th i can join the college for b.tech and want to take law degree. How it is possible?
7th June 2013, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Re: Which is the best career option for me after passing 12th with PCM? I am interested in Civil Services

i am 12th passed pcm student and i secured 92% .what is the best option for me for ias? will i do b.a?
15th June 2013, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Stdying 12th with PCM...Wht should i do aftr 12th if my % will about 55-65% ? Job should b permanent and good salary..
16th June 2013, 12:34 AM
Anuradha M.S

Smile Re: Which is the best career option for me after passing 12th with PCM? I am interested in Civil Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please tell me what are the best career options for me after 12th with PCM .i am intrested in civil services but before that i want to do any course so that i can secure my future
Hi,
After PCM you have many options:
>B.Sc
>BBM
>BCA
>Engineering
But as you are interested in Civil Services you can do any of the graduations and take up any competative exams and try for KAS or IAS
All the Best
27th November 2013, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i got 62 % in pcm wt career option for me beter?
you should try M Tech
5th December 2013, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2188587]please tell me what are the best career options for me after 12th with PCM .
10th April 2014, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Is good to change stream after 12 having pcm to humanity
If i want todo upsc in future
12th May 2014, 12:48 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates is Graduation in order to be placed in Civil Services.

Hence you need to complete your Graduation before applying for the Entrance Exam that will let you to be placed in civil services.

So, I suggest you to opt for the stream in Graduation in accordance with your stream in 12th class.

Complete it successfully and then you are eligible to give civil services exam.

Better to opt for any of the following subjects as the optional subject for civil services main exam.

Botany
Zoology
Chemistry etc.

The following age criteria is required for the candidates to apply for civil services.

Fore General category : 21-30 years.
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years

There is limit on the number of attempts for this exams which are
-Maximum of 4 attempts for the candidates of General category.
-Maximum of 7 attempts for the candidates of OBC category.
-No limit on number of attempts for SC or ST category.

Have good preparation for this Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
12th May 2014, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

what to do after 12 with pcm if interested in upsc and like maths so much n its gud to change stream to humanity
20th August 2014, 08:52 AM
timjackson86

First you need to complete your graduation in the stream you are interested and after that you should have to prepare for civil services and can also join a good institute or tutor for the same.

-Tim
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?