22nd August 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best field between Electrical and communication engineering and computer science

can you please tell me out of electrical and communication engineering and computer science which is the best fields. i mean by doing which i will get greater job prospects and high salaries. how is the salary curve for these fields? is it good to do M.Tech after B.Tech or to do MBA after B.tech or to do all the three for excellent jobs?

11th October 2012, 08:39 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the best field between Electrical and communication engineering and computer science

If good jobs and high salary is your main criteria then I would recommend Electronics and Communication Engineering over Computer Science. The reason being that you are eligible for jobs in far more sectors after completing ECE than Computer Science Engineering.

After completing Computer Science you would only get jobs related to softwares, primary in the IT companies. The same IT companies also run after the ECE graduates. Infosys hires the maximum number of Electronics and Communication Engineers. In fact it hire more ECE than Computer Science Engineers.

Public Sector Undertaking

The first sector where you are seek job after ECE is Public Sector Undertakings. These government held companies hire ECE graduatest through an entrance exam conducted by each company separately. You surelt can appear for this exam. The eligibility is 60 percent marks in the graduation course.

DRDO

ISRO

GAIL

BHEL

BEL

NALCO

SAIL

ONGC

NTPC

IOCL

BPCL

Information Technology

Like I mentioned earlier, IT companies are always on the lookout for ECE. Perhaps the highest paid jobs for the ECE would come from the IT sector. But to be eligible for job in these MNCs you will have to maintain 65 percent marks throughout the academic career. If you have maintained it then you can apply for these companies:

Infosys

Microsoft

HCL

Satyam

Tech Mahindra

Accenture

TCS

Wipro

Yahoo

Google

Dell

IBM

Intel

Telecom

One of the largest growing sectors of India is Telecom. With more mobile users than the population of United States and Canada combined, there is enough scope in the Telecom sector for the Electronics and Communication Engineers.

MTNL

BSNL

Bharti Airtel

Ideal Cellular

Aircel

MTS

Nokia

Reliance Communication

Tata Tele

Vodafone

Now to answer second part of your question. Ideally M.Tech is recommended after the B.Tech course. You will require to appear for GATE entrancee exam for admission in M.Tech. I would not recommend MBA after B.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?