12th July 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Which is better between M.Tech/MBA/CS?

I(DTU student, 2nd yr,B.TECH.,ME) can't able to decide what i have to do after graduation... Which is better M.tech./MBA/CS(IAS)?? And is there any seprate exam for IES??

11th September 2012, 11:59 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better between M.Tech/MBA/CS?

All these options are beneficial in their own respects. M.Tech degree will be better, if you are interested to build up a career in research/education field. For managerial position you can look for MBA. Through IAS exam, you can get in to reputed positions under central government. IES exam is conducted as a separate test by UPSC.
30th November 2015, 08:49 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which is better between M.Tech/MBA/CS?

Engineering is a field that connects to a lot of fields around the market and it is an evergreen stream of study, the students of whom are deemed to be able to adapt to any work whatsoever.

If you are already enrolled in B.E Mechanical, then its a good thing because Mechanical is already considered an evergreen branch of engineering and the demand for this study would never decrease in the coming future. However, its also a good thing that you wish to take up further education.

1. As you are already in a technical stream, and now if you feel you have good knowledge and hold on your subjects it is a nice idea to take up M.Tech as your masters. You need to give the GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering which is a national level entrance to get into top M.Tech colleges across the country which include IITs and NITs also.

2. If you wish to change your stream, then you can again chose MBA i.e Masters in Business Administration. It is undoubtedly the best masters program to do in a country like India where Managers are much more important than Engineers and there is no doubts that they get paid really well too. Thus, if you wish to take up this course you have to give exams like CAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, NMAT, IIFT, SNAP, etc and then attend rounds of GD/PI to get seats in good colleges.

3. CS that also stands for Company Secretary is certainly not something that you should even look at for the time being. You do not seem to come from a Finance or Accounting background and hence the scope for your future in this course is absolutely null.

4. IES: Indian Engineering Services is an option that you can look at. Its a government level examination for all the Engineering posts that become available under various organizations and hence being a B.Tech you are eligible for the same. However, there are a few more criteria such as your age should be within 21-29 years for Gen Category people, you should not have any backlogs pending in your B.Tech and more. For details and Important Dates of 2016 IES, Please Click Here.
1st December 2015, 02:13 AM
anuradha1985

Default Re: Which is better between M.Tech/MBA/CS?

ALL are good field but If you already enrolled in B.Tech so, you should take your step towards M.tech because You have more knowledge about Engineering so M.tech is better option for you.

Educational Qualification for M.tech-

Candidate who have minimum CPI 6.5 marks in First year

B.tech candidate of IIT with 7.0 CPI are eligible

ALL candidate except IIT student need to gate(Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering) score card

MBA(Master in Business administration)
Entrance exam for MBA

CAT
MAT
GPAT
GMAT
XAT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?