25th May 2010, 10:29 PM
suyash sharma

Better to complete cadet ship in india or to go abroad? fee structures comparison?

sir iwnt to know that whether it is better to complete cadet ship in india or to go abroad in uk for 2nd mate.... iam getting adm in BIMS thialand but they are charging Rs 1200000. whether it is huge amut or not.... what is fees in India for completing pre sea time courses

Related Questions:
  1. How to study medicine(MBBS) abroad? Exams which I need to answer? Colleges which are available and their fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Which course should I do after my 12th in India if I want to get a job in Abroad in a Cruise Ship?
  3. Best training centers in India and Abroad for Commercial Pilot training? Fee structure?
  4. Best University to study Philosophy in India which is worth in comparison to universities abroad? -- [New]
  5. What is Merchant Navy?
  6. How to study medicine(MBBS) from abroad? What are the exams to be qualified for the same? what are the colleges available? What are their fee structures?
  7. Can I get a job in merchant navy after graduation? I have scored 54% marks
  8. How i can join merchant navy after passing 10th?
  9. How to join merchant navy after passing 10th?
  10. How can I join Merchant navy after passing ECE?
  11. How can I get into Merchant Navy as a Fitter/Trainee?
  12. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th from UP board
  13. How can I get in Merchant Navy after passing 12th from science stream? My age is 24+
  14. Can i become a Deck Cadet on my 12th (Commerce) qualification basis?
  15. How to join Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech Mechanical degree with 61% marks
  16. How can i join merchant navy after passing 12th? Is entrance necessary for this? Best way to join Merchant Navy?
  17. Admission procedure to join Merchant Navy after completion of IT engineer course? Is there any entrance exam to be answered?
  18. What are the requirements to study MS(Genetic Engineering) in Abroad? Total fee expenses of this course?
29th May 2010, 04:07 AM
drdo99
Banned

Default Re: Better to complete cadet ship in india or to go abroad? fee structures comparison?

Dear,its cost like that.
Though the returns are more. Though its good to do aboard.
29th May 2010, 09:55 AM
danish_ejaz

Default Re: Better to complete cadet ship in india or to go abroad? fee structures comparison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyash sharma View Post
sir iwnt to know that whether it is better to complete cadet ship in india or to go abroad in uk for 2nd mate.... iam getting adm in BIMS thialand but they are charging Rs 1200000. whether it is huge amut or not.... what is fees in India for completing pre sea time courses
If you can afford that amount of money then its better to go abroad than in india the fee structure in india is relatively less
here is an example

Fees

Tution Fees per cadet per annum : Rs. 20,000/-
Clothing Charges per cadet per annum during the first year : Rs. 1,500/- and Rs. 750/- in the subsequent years
Mess : Rs. 5,500/-

this structure varies for different intitutes and for different academic year
29th May 2010, 01:26 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

it would be better if you do the course from india
because the fee here is ver low i.e
Cost of Training
Rs. 46,000/- (which includes boarding, lodging, uniforms, books & IMO modular courses. for just three months whereas you will have to pay a very high amount if you go abroad.
but if you can aford ,you can pursue the course from uk as well ofcourse the training quality there will be a little bit better than india s they are charging such a heavy mount
15th July 2010, 01:35 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

I think it will be better for you to complete the cadet course in India.

There are many prestigious institutes under Indian Maritime University, which offer deck cadet courses or Marine engg courses.

Such institutes are:

T.S. Chanakya, Navi Mumbai

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai

These institutes are good for joining merchant navy courses and fees are also fare, you can afford. You can apply for those.

Good luck!
31st December 2010, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i wud like to noe if one can afford d money do u still think its better to do from india??
and also are job opp better after doin frm india than abroad?
19th February 2011, 07:03 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

Better to complete cadet ship in india or to go abroad
it will be better for you to complete the cadet course in India.
There are many prestigious institutes under Indian Maritime University, which offer deck cadet courses or Marine engg courses.
Such institutes are:
T.S. Chanakya, Navi Mumbai
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai
These institutes are good for joining merchant navy courses and fees are also fare, you can afford. You can apply for those.
Cost of Training
Rs. 46,000/- (which includes boarding, lodging, uniforms, books & IMO modular courses. for just three months whereas you will have to pay a very high amount if you go abroad.
Tution Fees per cadet per annum : Rs. 20,000/-
Clothing Charges per cadet per annum during the first year : Rs. 1,500/- and Rs. 750/- in the subsequent years
Mess : Rs. 5,500/-

good luck
1st March 2011, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

when u join a cadetship course will u get stipend
21st March 2011, 11:28 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
It would be better if you do the course from india
because the fee here is ver low i.e
Cost of Training
but if you can aford ,you can pursue the course from uk as well ofcourse the training quality there will be a little bit better than india s they are charging such a heavy amount.
Thanks.
All the best.!
20th April 2011, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

sir, deck cadets in India the IMU entrance exam eligibility is 60% PCM what has to be done... is there any chance of getting into any colleges in india below the reqd %....??? and please send any contact no. if so..
12th May 2012, 03:06 AM
Radhakrishna143

Hello friend, I think it will be better for you to complete the
cadet course in India. There are many prestigious institutes under
Indian Maritime University, which offer deck
cadet courses or Marine engg courses. Such institutes are: T.S. Chanakya, Navi Mumbai Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI),
Kolkata. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI),
Mumbai. Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime
Studies and Research, Mumbai These institutes are good for joining merchant
navy courses and fees are also fare, you can
afford. You can apply for those. Good luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?