27th March 2011, 04:27 PM
Shauryaa

Branch of engineering other than Aeronautical for becoming a Astronaut?

Is there any other branch of engineering one can go for except aeronautical or aerospace to become an astronaut

27th March 2011, 10:54 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Branch of engineering other than Aeronautical for becoming a Astronaut?

Sorry I don't think that there is any other branch of engineering except aeronautical or aerospace which will make you eligible for becoming an astronaut.

Well, the educational qualification required for becoming an astronaut is as follows:

Candidate should hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in engineering, biological science, physical science (like metaphysics, astrophysics, etc.)or mathematics with excellent academic record. An advanced degree preferably a doctoral degree is highly desirable.

So, if you don't want to study aeronautical or aerospace engineering then you can pursue any of the above mentioned courses.
30th June 2012, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Branch of engineering other than Aeronautical for becoming a Astronaut?

i have done aerospace engineering. can i become astronaut?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?