3rd July 2012, 09:37 PM
Kuhinoor alom barbhuiya

Which branch has better job opportunities? What is the future of ECE or CSE?

Which branch better for job or future E.C.E. or C.S.E....pelase tell me which is it

10th July 2012, 09:24 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which branch has better job opportunities? What is the future of ECE or CSE?

Both ECE(Electronics and Communication Engineering) and CSE(Computer Science Engineering) are very good and very popular branch of engineering. Job opportunity and future scope are very good for both of these stream. You should choose the stream according to your interest if you only one to choose your branch of engineering from this two option only. There are some prospects for both of this different branch. Like-

Now a days ECE branch is very popular. So many candidates are going to take admission in ECE branch. But unfortunately only few of them get job in proper electronics field. After completion of engineering from electronics and communication engineering branch students jump for job in software field. Because jobs in electronics core field is very limited. Only few private organization are there in electronics field and some government organization recruit ECE students but seats are very less. Most of the student dreams to work in TCS, CTS, Wipro, Infosys etc software organization when they are in last year of engineering. But advantage is if the software market is down from ECE you can also try for jobs other than software field. There are few jobs in communication field these are seems to be interesting. But only few lucky ECE passed candidates got this type of communication job.

After computer science engineering there are so many private software industry those recruit candidates in bulk. Now software market is almost stable but still not that condition that if you passed from CSE you will get job surely. Previously it was true there was huge demand of computer science. But now students only having good knowledge get chance job. If you study CSE then you must have to work in software field. There are very few government organization they recruit some of the computer science engineering graduates candidates.

I think if you are interested to work with computer and you really love to use computer then you should go for CSE study. But if you like electronics devices or communication devices then you may go for ECE. If you don't like both of these then you should try for any other branch. Electrical engineering, Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering etc are also very good branch of engineering.

Best wishes.
10th July 2012, 09:39 PM
KAVITHA DILEEP KUMAR

Thumbs up Re: Which branch has better job opportunities? What is the future of ECE or CSE?

Hi,
both ECE and CSE are good branches and have many good opportunities .
you can select one of the branch in which you can perform more better.
All the best.
1st September 2012, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which branch has better job opportunities? What is the future of ECE or CSE?

iam ece student.! In feature i want to go good job. Which atinational course choose it.!? Embeded ,VLSI,networking.? Or any more important in other courses?
10th September 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

which is the best engg course ece or eee
19th November 2012, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

I am a final year ECE student.I want a job from the communication field.can u please tell me about those jobs?
3rd January 2013, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

I am an ece student. Please dont join ece. Its a waste department.......bullshit dept!!!!!!
8th January 2013, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

i have 59 % in puc and aggregate of 65 upto 7th sem in BE ece where to find a job.........
23rd January 2013, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

which is better for getting abroad scholarship??? EEE or CSE???
1st May 2013, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

i have no idea in which course i want to join.my parents choice is ece or cse.please tell me which can be more suitable for girls andwhich one have a futurer prospect and which one have abroad or good jobs.please guide me to a right path.
9th June 2013, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

i got the rank 76692 in eamcet 2013 and i want to choose the branch cse ,so is there any scope of getting a better college in warangal .so offer the best colleges in warangal.
11th June 2013, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

I hear from many that software market is going down. Is it true?..
12th June 2013, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

can we have better placements in cse after btech?
15th June 2013, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

which is the best branch aircraft maintinance engineering or chemical engineering and their future scope i am intersted in both please guide me
15th June 2013, 11:45 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

According to me you should go for the Electronics and Communication Engineering. I will not recommend Computer Science Engineering at the moment because there is a slowdown in IT sector.

Already there are Computer Science Engineers complaining about not have enough jobs in software sector due to slowdown.

Such is not the situation for Electronics and Communications. The big advantage of ECE is that it offers job in more than one field which means that you can even make career during the slowdown.

The biggest advantage is present for candidates who want job in government sector. Almost all the Public Sector Undertakings hires Electronics and Communication Engineers.

Apart from that you can appear for the Indian Engineering Service entrance exam which is quite reputed however extremely difficult to crack.

PSU

The first sector where you can apply is Public Sector Undertaking. The term is used for government owned companies. Most of the companies hire ECE as mentioned above.

To apply for the job you should clear the GATE entrance exam. Apart from that you will have to meet the criteria which I am mentioning below.

PSU Eligibility

1. Nationality should be Indian.

2. B.Tech degree from recognized college.

3. 60 percent marks in the degree.

4. Must have cleared all backlogs before applying.

5. GATE score is required in some cases.

6. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

7. 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

Indian Engineering Service

There are companies owned by the government and then there are various government deparments. These departments also require Engineers are they are dedicated in various fields like road contructions, communications etc.

To hire candidates for these departments, Union Public Service Commission conducts the Indian Engineering Service entrance exam. Meet the criteria mentioned below to apply.

IES Eligibility

1. IES is open for Indian citizens only.

2. B.Tech/B.E. degree from a recognized college.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Final year students can also apply.

5. As on August 1, your age should be 21 to 30 years.

6. Relaxation is 3 years (OBC) and 5 years (SC/ST).

Apart from government sector the other sectors where you can apply are telecommunications, consumer electronics and IT. Below are some companies from these fields.

MTNL

BSNL

Bharti Airtel

Vodafone

Idea

Tata Docomo

Reliance Communications

LG

Videocon

Electrolux

Akai

Godrej

Microsoft

IBM

Google

HP

HCL

Infosys

Wipro

TCS

Tech Mahindra
21st June 2013, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

I have completed puc i want join eng so which branch is bette either softeware or hordwere in hordwere EEE hav gud future or i take civil or mech i am confusd plz realiz dat
21st June 2013, 11:01 AM
Queries Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhinoor alom barbhuiya View Post
Which branch better for job or future E.C.E. or C.S.E....pelase tell me which is it
Never choose the any department according to the which have high scope in the market because choose that department in which you can do better.

Not the engineering line only even if you choose only another arts subject like economics, History etc. which you do study with your full capacity it will make you success.

So, if you want to become success choose according to your interest both ECE or CSE are good. And also do it from the reputed institution because in that institution they have good faculty members which will be guide you or solve your problems instantly.
21st June 2013, 11:34 AM
gopikalavanya

Smile Re: Which branch has better job opportunities? What is the future of ECE or CSE?

Quote:
hello,
Dont worry about the future of both the branches as both have good opportunities in their respective fields. If you are going to take CSE then you need not to do any PG as there are many jobs available in the market for the IT students. If you want to take ECE then i will recommend you to do MS or Mtech ,
without which it becomes slightly difficult to sustain even if you get a job in your first attempt after engineering . Its only my opinion and there are people who have been successful in their jobs in ECE in their first attempt for a long period of time.And not only this ece is ever green subject as there is a chance of getting
jobs in government sector also other than your core branch companies...so I think this above information helps you to take a better branch...
all the best..
21st June 2013, 02:57 PM
aarju0991
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Which branch has better job opportunities? What is the future of ECE or CSE?

Quote:
CSE have no future, please turn your mind to Bank Preparation & Bank Jobs
21st June 2013, 04:36 PM
aga99i

Both the courses are good,but ECE provides you more job opportunities than CSE....so go ahed with ECE...my wishes
21st June 2013, 09:26 PM
Padmavathi.nallam
Member+

Hello,
It is most common question I have ever come through. Different peple have different opinion about that and have different reason for that.
But what my opinion is ECE is some waht better than CSE in a manner that you can also go into softeware companies like
TCS
Wipro
Infosys
so there is a chance of having a job in ECE core field as well as software field in ECE.
But talking fairly Both the braches have equal opportunities, a good future , a good career.
ECE is a field where most of the time you have to deal with electronic circuits.
where in CSE you have to deal with softwre programing where logic play a big role.

Now knowing this you have to decide in what you are good,
solving some serious circuit
or
Having a good logic to solve some real world problem and map into a software.

Remember chose what you are comfortable in rather go with others way. because both the field have same opportunities for you.
so good luck with a wish you will chose right one
27th June 2013, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

i had taken pcmc in 2nd puc .im confused if i should take cse or ece for my engineering .plzzzzz help me
6th July 2013, 11:58 AM
harishbanu

Hai, We all know ECE and CSE both highly demanded branches in present situation and future also. Because both of them will have good job opportunities . But ECE have better career compared to CSE .
Why means Students who completed CSE can get only software jobs where as ECE students can get jobs in software and hardware fields also. Jobs for ECE are very less in AP compared to other states of India.
The demand for this both branches won't decrease because internet is most important for students and also laptops also . Students are adapted to both of them we can't see our future without them.This is only one example for ECE and CSE branches highly demanded in future also.
6th July 2013, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

which branch is good for me as my maths is not so good eee\cse\ece and has better job oppurtunities in next 4 to 5 years
18th July 2013, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

job package after BE (E&tc)
1st August 2013, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

sir, please tell me that what is carrer in ece and what is the average salary after b.tech.in ece branch.
3rd August 2013, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

what are the job oppurtunities in ece?
14th August 2013, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

i have no idea in which course i want to join.my parents choice is ece or cse.please tell me which can be more suitable for girls andwhich one have a futurer prospect and which one have abroad or good jobs.please guide me to a right path.
17th August 2013, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

i m a student of electrical and instrumentation branch... can i apply in electrical job?
17th August 2013, 11:26 PM
Aj Arya
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which branch has better job opportunities? What is the future of ECE or CSE?

Both ECE and CSE are providing the better job opportunities.
If in the case of CSE you have to choose the jobs in the private sector companies mainly very low in government companies
The job offering companies in both branches are more
you can choose any of the both branches
Here i am sending the pdf file of news paper in which the jobs offering top companies with respect to branch are their
go through it and choose your branch.

All the best
18th August 2013, 11:07 AM
kasipati arun

Both ECE and CSE have a good job opportunities at present and future also.But compared CSE,ECE has a slight edge over it that is they can apply for both software and jobs to respected field but CSE students can only apply for software fields.Both these branches plays major role in our daily life.One example for that is Internet.In these days Internet is used by all age of people and they choose shopping also in online.
22nd November 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

im now pusuing my btech in mechanical engineering , i just want to change my branch from mech to ece ,...it would be a gud decision now ???
what are the job opputunities for ece??
23rd November 2013, 11:03 AM
jaye99

hai friend..

Both branches have good job opportunities..in the present arena.. But the way of your performance decides in securing job . smart working nature and good communication skills are very essential to sustain in that field..

1.U can come across a recession in Cse department as well as in ece but in small quantity.
2.There is wide competition over these two fields so extra curriculum activites are needed like doing internship in estimed companies,grip over the current running softwares helps u a lot apart from studies.once u settle down life is like a "hi-fi".... so choose your best field.

Best wishes...
23rd June 2014, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

everyone is saying nowadays cse scope is going down AND THE JOB oppurtunites are in recession.....is that true.....now can i take cse??????
30th July 2014, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

hi!!! i m just going to step in myself in new phase of lyf and i am totally confused about to chose which of the stream between ece and cse as i am getting ece in a semi-government institute and cse in a private institute but both affiliated to ku....just help me out to choose bestfield out of both acc. to job opportunities in future?
23rd June 2015, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Mechanical.from iit bhubaneswar or cse from ism dhanbad which is better?
11th November 2015, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

In Tamil nadu which is the good engineering college and course to study? top 10 engineering college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?