14th June 2010, 11:11 PM
khusbusinha

C.G.P.A. requirements for getting into a core company

hi, i am currently pursuing my B.E. in mechatronics engineering from manipal institute of technology.i will graduate in 2012 with an expected C.G.P.A. of 8.12(in a 10 point scale). Could you suggest the best core companies of mech as my branch comes under the department of mechanical engineering.Also, it would be kind of you if you could tell me what are the C.G.P.A. requirements for getting into the core company?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for core companies after completion of mechanical engineering with 6.6 CGPA? -- [New]
  2. C.G.P.A. requirements for getting into a core company -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to get a good placement in a core company? Any chance to get placed with CGPA of 7.8?
  4. Can I get a job in core company after securing less than 60% in B.Tech?
  5. Which Mechanical core company is best suitable for me being a candidate having secured a CGPA of 8.09?
  6. Can I expect a core job after scoring 7.56 CGPA?
  7. With a CGPA of 5 is there any chance to get a decent placement in a core company or in some software company? Minimum cutoff for appear for MS in outside India?
  8. How to get placed in the best core company?
  9. Requirements for a fresher to get a job in core company?
  10. Is it important that CGPA should be greater than 8 to join a core company?
  11. Can I get placed in a core company after scoring 8.4 CGPA in ECE?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria followed for core EEE companies?
  13. Placement in core companies after B.E? Which core companies can I get after scoring 8.10 CGPA?
  14. List of core companies for mechanical engineering core jobs
  15. List of Core Companies for the candidates of BE in ECE? Basic Requirements to get Job in these Companies?
  16. What are the job opportunities in MNC and Core companies after completion of B.Tech in ECE?
  17. Details of Mechanical jobs other than designing in core companies after Mechanical engineering with CGPA 8?
  18. Will I get placement in a core company after clearing with 3 arrears? What is the eligibility to get placed?
15th June 2010, 12:53 PM
jicks

Default Re: C.G.P.A. requirements for getting into a core company

Hi,

C.G.P.A is Cumulative Grade Point Average and is calculated by dividing the sum total grade points in all subjects by no. of subjects.

Percentage score of CGPA= 9.5 x CGPA

So, if you are getting 8.1 CGPA score then your percentage will be 76%

You are having lot of career opportunities from all automobile companies, and its sister concerns.
There is a dynamic growth of Car manufacturing companies( mostly multinational) like Hyundai, Ford, Reynolt-Nissan,Tata motors and several Indian based car companies like Maruthi,General Motors and much more.
Also, there is wide opening in the small companies which supply spare parts/ or accessories to these Big companies.

So, if you are coming out with Distinction class, you can join at Junior level.

I don't think CGPA requirements matters for applying to job.
You will be selected, depending on your performance in the interview and how far you have understood your project.

All the very best......
15th June 2010, 06:40 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

hey friend with this cgpa i am sure you will get the job in al the companies offering job for the mechanical branch........

all the best and keep doing you work
15th June 2010, 08:15 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yes 8.12 is really a great CGPA score and you may easily get good job offers and since you are passing out of MIT then you may get more better and core jobs.

Mechanical has lots of scope. The minimum CGPA requirement to get a good job is 6 to 7. If you get 9 or 10 CGPA then companies will select you without any hesitation

But dont worry you also good you will also get a good core job company
15th June 2010, 08:20 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

yes 8.12 is a good cgpa you can easily apply any top university for good job only.
15th June 2010, 09:54 PM
swati123

You seem to have a lot of convition! Good. 8.12 is really a good score and if you can maintain that score,you will surely land lucrative jobs in core companies like TATA, L&T, Mahindra & Mahindra, Ashok Leylandand other automobile companies. You may even get jobs in public sector companies like BHEL,NTPC,ONGC,SAIL,SHEL and the like. Actually, Mechanical Engineering is the 'core' of all industries that have something to do with production/manufacturing and so you can hardly go wrong with this choice even when newer and newer fields are emerging. Just be focussed and you will achieve your goal.
15th June 2010, 10:15 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

the cgpa around 7-8 is decent enough to be called by more than two companies so your cgpa is nice one to be the choice of companies so , just focus on studies and try to increase it further if you can

and also there must not be any backlogs because it decreases the image of the student to a great extent wheather the cgpa is 8 or 9

cheers
15th June 2010, 11:33 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

Sometimes one should go by the market .you see where your interest goes, technicity or managerial.
15th June 2010, 11:47 PM
anu132

Quote:
Originally Posted by khusbusinha View Post
hi, i am currently pursuing my B.E. in mechatronics engineering from manipal institute of technology.i will graduate in 2012 with an expected C.G.P.A. of 8.12(in a 10 point scale). Could you suggest the best core companies of mech as my branch comes under the department of mechanical engineering.Also, it would be kind of you if you could tell me what are the C.G.P.A. requirements for getting into the core company?
Hi friend..
Yes ofcourse you will definitely get a good core job after your completion of engineering...Because you scored so well in your exam and your CGPA is 8.12 which is great...To get job in any of the companies your CGPA must
have in between 6 to 7...Because of your CGPA score they will select you without any hesitation...
GOOD LUCK...
16th June 2010, 01:12 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

To get into a core company you must have get CGPA more than 8. Because more than
8 in CGPA, you have select in any core comapany without any doubt. So, if you have
scored more than 8 in CGPA, then you will be definately get a job in core comapny.
19th June 2010, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

sir this is ANJANEYULU from ANDHRA PRADESH. I got 9.8 cgpa in my M.Sc from ANHRA UNIVERSITY.How can i send my resume to core company jobs?
29th June 2010, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

i have secured 7.04 cgpa in 10 point scale .i am currently pursuring b.tech from bput,rourkela,orissa. am i eligible for public sector exams.
12th July 2010, 03:01 AM
Unregistered

I have C.G.P.A 6.14,Will it be useful for me to prepare public sector or not.if yes then kindly answer me the list of public sector for which I'm eligible
17th July 2010, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I am doing mechatronics engineering in a private college.... i am searching for a job in core company.. i will complete my course in 2013.... can you suggest some core company in a good range.... what should be the cgpa mark for me....... pls tell
19th July 2010, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

now i am doing B.E.Mechatronics Engg.........i finish my course in 2011. i want to work in core company. so please send me the core companies' and its requriements to [email protected]
23rd October 2010, 07:14 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

almost every core company demands more than 70% marks means 5 or 6 decrease in your sgpa*10. suppose you have got sgpa 8.1 then your percentage is almost 75. so you are eligible.
1st November 2010, 12:11 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes , you have sufficient marks to getting jobs into a core company.

every company give as a criteria is 60% through out of life.

all the best............
18th December 2010, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

i have secured 6.02CGPA in BE(CSE).CAN I ATTEND IN CAMPUS RECRUITMENT FOR IT JOBS?
16th January 2011, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

my cgpa is 7.04 am i eligible for bhel ets examination
30th January 2011, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

i got 81.37% aggregate in electronics and instrumentation engineering(anna university chennai)....passing out this year....iam looking core jobs...so send me the core companies for my stream and also their requirements......thanks
1st February 2011, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

i m now a btech 3rd year student having less than 60% in 2,cgpa 7 now can igot any job in the core companies
11th April 2011, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

i have 6.2 cgpa in b. tech , so is it enough to get a good er. job
15th April 2011, 11:37 PM
chiranjeev90

hii,
most of the core companies require a minimum of 60 percentsge
as per the formula
Percentage score of CGPA= 9.5 x CGPA
so u have to score atleast 6.32 top get into a core sector
24th April 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

less than 60 percent in 12;can i get in core company............having 8.21cgpa in btech
28th April 2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE SECURED 6.58 CGPA IN BTECH FROM BPUT(ORISSA),CAN I APPLY FOR BEL RECRUITMENT FOR POST OF PE,WHERE OUR UNIVERSITY IS NEITHER GIVEN CLASS NOR MARKS,BUT BEL ASKING FOR 1ST CLASS DEGREE .WHAT I WILL DO.
FROM ALOK PATNAIK,ORISSA
3rd May 2011, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I HAVE SECURED 6.58 CGPA IN BTECH FROM BPUT(ORISSA),CAN I APPLY FOR BEL RECRUITMENT FOR POST OF PE,WHERE OUR UNIVERSITY IS NEITHER GIVEN CLASS NOR MARKS,BUT BEL ASKING FOR 1ST CLASS DEGREE .WHAT I WILL DO.
FROM ALOK PATNAIK,ORISSA
As far as I know I am from BPUT and percentage conversion is 9.5*CGPA and if it equals 60% and above u are eligible.Don't be so sure but enquire more but I think u having 62.51% is eligible
17th May 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

hi...i am studying btech.......my cgpa is around 8.3...i have lots of pressures that it is difficult to get job if cgpa is lessthan 9...is it right that cgpa matters in placements.......?
18th May 2011, 05:30 PM
vijayptl97

yes 8.12 is really a great CGPA score and you may easily get good job offers and since you are passing out of MIT then you may get more better and core jobs.

Mechanical has lots of scope. The minimum CGPA requirement to get a good job is 6 to 7. If you get 9 or 10 CGPA then companies will select you without any hesitation

But dont worry you also good you will also get a good core job company
thanks
10th June 2011, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

hi,i m currently pursuing my b.tech from NIT ALLAHABAD.i ll complete my graduation in 2012 wityh expected cgpa of 8.3.but i ve a drawback there is a gap of 2 years between my 12th std and college.so pls tell me is it a big issue for gettiing job into ntpc,ongc,bhel like companies.RAHUL NIRANJAN (JHANSI)
23rd June 2011, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

hi, i am pursuing my b.tech from the department of mechanical engineering in IIT kharagpur.my current cgpa is 8.44 & i will complete my graduation in 2014.suggest me the names of some core companies for internship...
23rd June 2011, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

SIR,I HAVE 7.3 CGPA UPTO 5TH SEM . I PRSUE MY B.TECH FROM WBUT IN ELECTRICAL. WHAT IS PERCENTAGE .
24th June 2011, 06:24 AM
Unregistered

hi,i m a 3rd yr stdnt..my cgpa is 8.01 4m cse.. Can i get a job in good it company?
24th June 2011, 06:31 AM
Unregistered

does cgpa really mattrs?in my colge cgpa is calculated 4m 3rd sem onwrds so during placements my 1st yr ll be included or nt?
16th July 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have a cgpa of 6.22.can i apply for tech mahindra as i m very interested in dat company? but dey require 60%.so i m confused.please suggest
27th July 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

sir i am have 7.2 cgpa in 10 point grade scale in biju patnaik university of technology(bput), so i want to know the percentage calculation as i have to apply for sail which requires 65% for mt.so please suggest me.
23rd August 2011, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

sir i am having a cgpa of 7.5 on the basis of 10 point scale and i am in my prefinal year. I am a EEE student. i am studying in amrita university in kerala. can i get into the core companies if i maintain this cgpa or should i go for more.
8th September 2011, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Hi , i am doing b-tech from orissa , bput university .my cgpa is 7.00(10 point scale) .please tell me how i calculate it in percentage.
13th September 2011, 01:31 AM
saugata2008

Most of the core privet and Govt. sector requires at least 60% to 65% marks in graduation .
The percentage calculation of Grade -
percentage = 9.5 X grade

That means if you want to apply for the core sectors you have to maintain at least 6.32 to 6.85 in CGPA .

thank you
16th September 2011, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

core companies criteria
24th October 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

my CGPA is 6.87.i want to know in which company i can get select for my cgpa.
12th November 2011, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

iam completed mca 2011 batch.i got 8.23 cgpa in mca,but inter and degree 76% but degree is 58%. mnc's are not eligible so please give any job opportunities suggestions to me as per my percentages
11th January 2012, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

my cgpa is 7.17 in electrical engineering.can i get job in private and govt core sector?
18th January 2012, 01:08 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

the famous it sector componies in india like infosys, TCS, congizant, wipro, etc.

the basic knowledge of candidate in c++,java orientation language

best of luck
18th April 2012, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed B.E Aeronautical engineering(private college) with 68% and completed M.E Aeronautical engineering(anna university-chennai,university departments) with 6.66 cgpa., can i get jobs in private company....
22nd April 2012, 02:52 AM
monisha_sarabhai

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii

to get a job in any mnc company like tcs you need to strive hard bacause you need to cross above 65% percentage and then you need to complete the written test thereafter you need to get involved and participated in group discussion.and then you need to face hr interview.if you have the percentage above 75% then you can directly go for interview.tcs is the best company for fame as well as good package...

Thank you
1st May 2012, 12:57 AM
jyotsana d

Quote:
core companies criteria
dear friend,

For getting into core companies its better if your cgpa is above 7.5.
But there are still many companies which demands 6.5 cgpa and above.

Thank you
22nd May 2012, 04:39 PM
onest

You are having lot of career opportunities from all automobile companies, and its sister concerns.
There is a dynamic growth of Car manufacturing companies( mostly multinational) like Hyundai, Ford, Reynolt-Nissan,Tata motors and several Indian based car companies like Maruthi,General Motors and much more.
Also, there is wide opening in the small companies which supply spare parts/ or accessories to these Big companies.
21st June 2012, 02:24 AM
Unregistered

sir in my first sem i get back in mathematics papaer so my qustion is it creates problem for me in campus selection...plz sir rply me
25th June 2012, 02:29 PM
jyotsana d

Quote:
sir in my first sem i get back in mathematics papaer so my qustion is it creates problem for me in campus selection...plz sir rply me
Dear friend,

This is very common situation for every second student of Engineering colleges, but you need not to worry. As this was your first semester only so you still have 5 semester before start of placement to clear this exam.
There won't be problem in your placements if you clear your back before 7th semester as companies demand for no back and all back should be clear.
So, you just prepare well for Re-exam and try to get good marks.

Best wishes
thank you
12th July 2012, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

sir my cgpa is 6.52 can i eligible to psu like sail,bel,ntpc,ecil....plz reply sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?