2nd July 2021, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Can apply for PGT after BEd?

I have completed my BEd but pursuing my M.A English. Can I apply for PGT?

4th July 2021, 11:05 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can apply for PGT after BEd?

After the master degree, you are eligible for PGT. The required eligibility for PGT is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university and possess B.Ed qualification.

PGT is conducted for recruitment as teacher in higher secondary.
4th July 2021, 05:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- YES, you are eligible to apply for PGT teacher post after completion of B.Ed.

PGT stands for post graduate teachers and to apply for this post, the candidate must possess post graduation degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognised University along with B.Ed degree.

The candidates age should be in between 28 to 40 years and relaxation in upper limit is provided to reserved category students that is 5 years to SC/ST candidates and 3 years to OBC candidates.
4th July 2021, 06:45 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for PGT teacher post after completion of B.Ed.

PGT stands for Post Graduate Teacher .

Eligibility criteria required for PGT entrance exam are as under:-

The candidate must possess post graduate degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognised University .

The candidate should have passed B.Ed degree along with the post graduate degree.

The age limit is between 28 years to 40 years.
There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by three years and five years for SC/ST candidates.

The selection process involves of written test followed by interview.
4th July 2021, 11:34 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Obviously, you can apply for the post of post graduate teacher after completion of Bachelor of Education as you have Masters degree, as minimum educational qualification required to apply for the post of PGT is post graduation along with B.Ed course.
5th July 2021, 09:23 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required for post graduate teacher post:-

> The basic qualification required for the post of PGT is master's degree from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks.

And

> B.Ed (bachelor of education) from a recognised University.

> Besides having the above mentioned qualification, you are required to qualify in state teacher eligibility test or CTET.

> As you have completed post graduate degree and B.Ed, I suggest you to first appeare for stet or ctet examination in order to become a postgraduate teacher.
5th July 2021, 11:14 PM
periwinkle09876

To apply for the post of post graduate teacher one should have completed post graduation in the respective subject from a recognised along with Bachelor of Education two years degree course.
So, you can apply for the post of post graduate teacher after completion of post graduation and B.Ed.
You also have to qualify the exam also.
6th July 2021, 08:22 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for PGT teacher post after completion of B. Ed. PGT stands for Post Graduate Teachers. The eligibility criteria for PGT teacher post is that:-

The candidate must possess post graduation degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized university.
7th July 2021, 12:45 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to apply for Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) post:

The basic eligibility criteria required to apply for this Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) post is given below,

Name of the Job Post - Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)

>> Candidates must have completed Master's Degree in concerned stream from a recognized university or institute with minimum 50% marks in order to be eligible.

>> Subjects in PGT are,
@ English or
@ Physics or
@ Maths or
@ Hindi or
@ Biology or
@ Chemistry or
@ Political Science or
@ Economics or
@ History or
@ Economics or
@ Geography ..etc.,

>> Also candidates must have done B.Ed course or its equivalent degree from a recognized university.

>> Must be proficient in teaching in Hindi and English media.

>> Must have good knowledge of computer applications.

>> Hence, I suggest you to complete your Master's Degree first in order to be eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?