29th October 2012, 08:52 PM
sunayanaja

Can I appear for CA course after qualifying M.Com with 48% marks

Sir, My age is 29 years completed. My qulification is M.Com with 48% in 2005 & B.Com is 53% in 2003. I like Accounts & Maths. Can i appear for CA course. If i appear for this course then what is a procedure to start this course.

30th March 2013, 10:16 PM
Mr Rohit

Default Re: Can I appear for CA course after qualifying M.Com with 48% marks

First of all for applying CA Course you have to pass through three stages they are as followed:
Entry Level Test-Common Proficiency Test,
First Stage-Professional Competence Course,
Final Stage-Final Course.
But as you mentioned that you are M.Com degree holder so as per the new rule of government you are exempted from CPT and can apply directly to CA IPCC to CA Intermediate but the minimum percentage required for it is 55% due to which you are not eligible because you have an aggregate of 48% .
So,There is an overall two options which are valid for you i.e. is you must apply by giving the CPT Examinations or you have to leave it completely.If you are applying for it then there are two month in which you can give the examinations for CPT June and December and by clearing the CPT Examinations only you became eligible for Second stage i.e. Professional Competence Course.And after 3-4 years of training you will became eligible for CA course.

So,Choice is yours whether to chose it or not.If you attempting it then its O.K But if you not don't be upset,you can do further many more thing what happen if one not.

31st March 2013, 01:06 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunayanaja View Post
Sir, My age is 29 years completed. My qulification is M.Com with 48% in 2005 & B.Com is 53% in 2003. I like Accounts & Maths. Can i appear for CA course. If i appear for this course then what is a procedure to start this course.
Chartered Accountancy Course has three stages:
CPT
IPCC
Final

B.COM graduates who have aggregate 55% marks in B.COM get exemption from the CPT stage

Other subject Graduates needs to have 60% marks in Graduation to get exemption from CPT

In you case you have not scored more than 55% marks in B.COM so first you have to register for the CPT course.

Pass the CPT course and than you can get admission in the IPCC stage

In the CPT exams questions are asked from the below Subjects:
Fundamentals of accounting
Mercantile LAWS
General Economics
Quantitative Aptitude

All the questions are asked in objective mode only
Candidates scoring minimum 50% marks are declared as pass

So take admission in the CPT stage now
14th July 2013, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

I have marks in b.com. 46% 2003. And m.com. 49% 2005. But I want. CA course or MBA FINANCE. SO PLZ SUGGESTED ME.
MY AGE UP TO 33 YEARS OLD AGAIN PLZ TELL ME BETTER OPTIONS
14th July 2013, 02:16 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi.

you can do Chartered Accountancy after M.com .

CA is best course as far as Finance Management of any Company or Organization is concern.

Chartered Accountant are always in required in corporate sector and they can even practice of independently.

There are 3 level in CA which candidate have to clear to be chartered accountant.

You can directly enroll yourself for Executive level ( second level ) as you are post graduate in commerce if you have 50% marks in graduation .

you can register online or you can take the necessary information from the centers of CA.

The list of centers are given in official website of CA.

Three stages in CA

Common Proficiency Test(CPT)

IPCC

Final examination

All the best............................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?