2nd May 2012, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for CDS Exam being a candidate born in the year of 1991 and will complete Degree by 2015?

I born in 1991 and my degree will be complete 2015.can i appear for CDS exam ?

5th May 2012, 09:19 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CDS Exam being a candidate born in the year of 1991 and will complete Degree by 2015?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As per the details provided in the query, you will be 24 by the time you complete your bachelors degree program.
Now, Combined Defense Service examination is conducted for the three defense forces of India and the age limit for each are as follows:
  • Indian Army:19-24 years
  • Indian Air Force: 19-23 years
  • Indian Navy:19-22 years
Since you will be 24 by the time you graduate, you will be considered eligible only for the Indian Army and won't be eligible to apply for Indian Air Force as well as Indian Navy.

As far as educational qualification is concerned, a graduate in any discipline is eligible to apply for Indian Army through Combined Defense Services Examination.
The examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission, hence, you must refer to its official website for further information.
5th May 2012, 09:55 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I appear for CDS Exam being a candidate born in the year of 1991 and will complete Degree by 2015?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Combined defence service examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Air force, Army and Navy. This exam is conducted twice in a year and the eligibility required for this examination is given below:

Education Qualification
For the Combined defence service examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.
Candidate apply for the Indian Air force and Navy should have physics and maths at 10+2.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-25Years
Naval Academy 19-23 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

For more information on Combined defence service examination you can alos visit at the below given web site of UPSC:
www.upsc.gov.in
5th May 2012, 10:39 PM
a444

Default Re: Can I appear for CDS Exam being a candidate born in the year of 1991 and will complete Degree by 2015?

cds exam conducted by upsc
Candidate apply for the Indian Air force and Navy should have physics and maths at 10+2.

Age Limit
5th May 2012, 10:41 PM
a444

cds exam conducted by upsc

Age Limit
5th May 2012, 11:08 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

hello
according to your age you are applicable for exam but you are not applicable for qualification as you tell tha your degree will be complete in 2015. but if you are graduate then you can fill the form and apply for job.
CDS exam is conduct by UPSC twice in a year
Eligibility:
1. candidate should be complete graduation from the recognized university
2. if candidate is in final year of his/her education then they can be apply for exam
3. age for a candidate in between 19-24 years

for more detail you can visit:
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Thanks
6th May 2012, 06:01 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Examination) twice in a year i.e CDS-I, CDS-II.

Eligibility criteria:

>>The candidate should be complete graduation in any discipline from any recognised university.

>>Final year candidates also be eligible.

>>Age limits is 19 years to 24 years.

>>Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Selection procedure:

Written test,
Personal interview,
Medical test.

For more details visit the official website of UPSC:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
6th May 2012, 06:42 PM
monisha_sarabhai

C.D.S.(Combined Defense Service) exam is held twice a year(may and october) for getting into IMA(INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY) in dehradun, NAVAL ACADEMY in goa, air force academy in hyderabad and OFFICERS TRAINING ACADEMY(short service commission, non-technical)in madras.

yes, you are eligible for CDS exam so...just go for it without any tension and querries in your mind...

you can easily acquire application form and other related particulars in EMPLOYMENT NEWS.They usually publish CDS exam usually in month of november and may respectively.....

wait......... you should also keep this in mind that as you are yet to qualify in your final year but you are allowed to appear for cds exam coz this is your special concession.. ou are still required to submit profe of passing your degree examination by the prescribed date.....
1st June 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for indian army being a candidate born in 1994 and studying engineering 2nd year on electricals
2nd June 2013, 08:58 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for CDS exam being a candidate born in 1991 and will complete Graduation in 2015. But as per your year of birth you will be completed 24 years in the year 2015 while you will complete Graduation Degree, so you may only be eligible for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried National having either appear for the final Graduatio Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

The age limit for IMA is 19 to 24 years and for OTA which is 19 to 25 years and you may be eligible to apply for the same when you will complete Graduation in 2015.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd June 2013, 12:00 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

As per your year of birth you will be 24 years at the time of completing Graduation in the year 2015 and you will be eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy & Officer's Training Academy of CDS the age limit for which is from 19 to 24 years for IMA and from 19 to 25 years for 19 to 25 years.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd July 2013, 03:01 AM
Unregistered

i am born on 1 sep 1993 and will complete my degree in 2016. so can i appear for cds exam.
4th August 2013, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for CDS Exam being a candidate born in the year of 1989 and will complete Degree by 2013? and how many chances to me?
3rd February 2014, 06:28 AM
Unregistered

I was born in 1994 studying doing my 2nd year in electronics and communication engineering.. am I eligible for cgs exams and which is the best time to attend the exams
29th May 2014, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for cds exam being a candidate born in 10.10.1990 and will complet degree in 2015..
6th February 2017, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

I'm born on Nov 27 2000. I'm doing my first PUC I'm pcmc now so when am I eligible to write the cds examination?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?