5th July 2012, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IAS exam before commencement of B.Com final year results?

Sir, Can i appear for IAS exam before commencement of B.com Final year Result.Other lang.(I am B.com final year student.My exam will be held on April,2013.But i want apply for I.A.S Exam 2013.Can i apply for IAS Exam)

6th July 2012, 11:51 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS exam before commencement of B.Com final year results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, Can i appear for IAS exam before commencement of B.com Final year Result.Other lang.(I am B.com final year student.My exam will be held on April,2013.But i want apply for I.A.S Exam 2013.Can i apply for IAS Exam)
Eligibility for Civil Service Exam :

A person can apply for IAS exam either in last year of graduation or after completing graduation. Another requirement is, you should have atleast 50% in graduation and your age should between 21 to 30 years.

Since you are now in final year of graduation, you can apply for next year CSE exam, you can appear for priliminary exam, but at the time of interview you need to show your graduation degree. Notification for next year will come in February 2013 in all national dailies & employment news.

You must be aware of recent change in pattern in preliminary exam, which is now known as CSAT, an aptitude test, which consist of general science & awareness, mental ability question. Questions are objective only.

UPSC is now thinking of changing pattern of Mains too, most possibly from 2014, so choose your optionals carefully, as there is possibility of no more optionals subjects.

So, please wait for the examination Notification next year and then apply for this examination online only and for more details please check official UPSC Website.
7th July 2012, 12:53 AM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS exam before commencement of B.Com final year results?

Eligibility Criteria for IAS:

Age Limit:

21-30 years(Upper age limit is relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.

Educational Qualification:

Bachelor's degree of recognised University

No. of Permissible attempts:

Four

Fee:

Rs.100/- only for general category
No fee for SCs/STs and Physically challenged candidates.

First clear the Preliminary exam then main, But syllabus and pattern has changed now. You should prepare for this properly, in order complete this in first chance. Well! no doubt you can apply for this in final year, but at the time of interview you should have to show your graduation degree.
7th July 2012, 09:24 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
AS you are interested for IAS exam for this you have to appear for Civil Service Exam , The eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows...

* The candidates should be a graduate in any stream , from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
*The candidates should be a citizen of India
For more details you can see below chart ....

IAS exam pattern & optional subjects for exam..

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck........
7th July 2012, 09:33 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IAS Exam Eligibility Criteria:

>>If you are a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university then you can apply for this exam. Final year students are also eligible to appear for this exam.

>>Your age should be between 21-30 years.

>>At the most you can give this exam for four times.

>>Selection procedure includes preliminary exams, main examination followed by interview.

IAS Exam Pattern:

For more information log onto this website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th July 2012, 10:39 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:

Civil Services Examination
this exam is the most reputed entrance exam in India.with this one can become a top administrative officer.this exam is conducted by UPSC every year.to give the entrance one needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria which is as under---

Eligibility criteria

~~you should be having at least graduation at the time of appearing

~~candidates like you who are in final year are also eligible for CSAT.

~~age should be b/w 21 to 30 years.

~~candidate should possess his/her degree at the time of interview.

if you satisfy all this then you are eligible for civil services examination.

can I appear for civil services exam in 2013 since i am in final year?

yes,you can appear for civil services examination in 2013.But remember that for this exam there are two exams. one is preliminary and the other is mains .but at the time of Interview you should be having your degree in your hand.

date for I.A.S Exam 2012
  • CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012-------20.05.2012
  • CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012---------------05.10.2012
  • duration of mains exam-----------------------------21 days.
this clearly tells one thing that there is a time gap of 5 months b/w civil services preliminary and mains exam.hence by the time you appear for mains after qualifying preliminary exam you will be having degree in your hand.

for more details CLICK HERE

hope this helped

with regards
roknits

7th July 2012, 11:41 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

IAS means Indian Administrative Service.

Now you are in final year of graduation, the final year exams will held in the month of april next year.
The notification of civil services examination next year is releasing in the month of february, so you can apply this exam next year.

To apply this exam you have to complete graduation or equivalent degree in any stream from a recognised university.

Final year graduation candidates can also eligible.

Nationality:-

Citizen of INDIA.

Age criteria:-

For General category candidates- 21 years to 30years,

For OBC category candidates- 21 years to 33 years,

For SC/ST category candidates- 21 years to 35years.

Selection procedure:-

Civil services preliminary examination,

Civil services main examination,

Personal interview.

This exam is conducted by the UPSC-Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

For any more details please check the below website
www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
7th September 2012, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for Ias prelims even if my exams are after the prelims or mains but if i clear my mains i will have my degree befoe the interview.
15th December 2012, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

sir,, my name ashish saini and my date of birth is 05 september 1991 can i appear ias may 2013 csat exam.
please reply urgently
17th December 2012, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, can i appear IAS exam, if i m pass out distance education BSc(IT) from SMU (Sikkim Manipal University).
2nd January 2013, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

sir from where the form of ias can be found an what is the date of its examination
18th January 2013, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

sir iam graduate and mydate of birth is 24 june 1992. can i able to apply for 2013 ias exam
18th January 2013, 06:51 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for Civil Services exam.
After appearing B.Com final year exam.

Civil services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

In I.A.S exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

In prelims exam:-
> General Studies
> Civil Services Aptitude Test

In mains exam:-
> > General Studies
> > Two optional subject chose by you.

List of option subject:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
21st January 2013, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir I am niw studying in bcom 6th and my date of birth is April17,1992 can I apply for IAS preliminary exam
12th June 2013, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Now iam persuing b.com(H) 3rd yr..this is four years program can i ppermit 2014 exam
12th June 2013, 12:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you can't apply if you are not a Graduate. Those who have given final year examination and are expecting result can apply if they are sure that they will get result in time.

Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University is the basic qualification for IAS examination and if you fail to prove that your are not a Graduate during verification then you will not be considered for selection.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC and you can apply for it through online application.

Age Limit:

General Category - 21 to 30 years

OBC Category - 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category - 21 to 35 years

Selection Criteria:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Personality Test or Interview

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th June 2013, 05:06 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands Indian Administrative Service

IAS is conducted UPSC

Eligibility :

You must be Indian

You must be complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized University

Your age limit between 21 to 30 years

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates

Selection Process :

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?