1st July 2011, 08:05 PM
saksham.parashar1989

Can I appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering?

I have done my Aeronautical engineering.can i now appear in IES exam taking Mechanical engineering as my major as i have already studied many subjects of it as a part of my curriculum during grads?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Do I need to give any Entrance Exam for this? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is it possible to do ME in Aeronautical Engineering after the completion of BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Can I study M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. How to get admission in 2nd year Aeronautical after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  6. Is it possible to do marine engineering or aeronautical engineering after mechanical engineering?
  7. Can I pursue Aeronautical Engineering after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Which branch of engineering to select after completion of 12th standard?
  9. Which post graduation course is best to study in Aeronautics field?
  10. Eligibility for aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in mechanical engineering? Fee structure of Aeronautical engineering?
  11. What is the average fee to join aeronautical engineering after polytechnic mechanical course?
  12. Am I eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma mechanical with 70%? List of Aeronautical Engineering colleges in Maharashtra?
  13. Can I get admission in Aeronautical engineering after completion of my engineering?
  14. Am I eligible to join M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completion of BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. What are the different types of diploma course after passing 10th?
  16. Job opportunities in Government sector for Mechanical and Automation Engineering student? Eligibility requirements to appear in GATE? -- [New]
  17. List of diploma courses which can be done after SSC with General maths?
  18. Best Colleges for Aeronautical Engineering? Fee structure for this course? Will Aeronautical Engineering be a specialization under Mechanical?
20th July 2011, 12:36 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saksham.parashar1989 View Post
I have done my Aeronautical engineering.can i now appear in IES exam taking Mechanical engineering as my major as i have already studied many subjects of it as a part of my curriculum during grads?
Yeah for sure you can apply for that

As the eligibility for IES is just you need to have any degree in Engineering and you have to be completed your age with 21 years of minimum

then after fulfilling this eligibility criteria it is clear that you are eligible to apply for any one of the following trades among

ECE,EEE,ETC,MECH

you are eligible to apply for anyone of this as per your interest I also think it is a better and safe option to select Mechanical as a part of Automobile engineering you will have most of the subjects in that so it is a easy task for you to tackle with those subjects.

This is the simple answer for your question yes, my dear you can go ahead with your plan.

All the best for your preparation

Feel free to contact with any doubt regarding your exam or subject we are here to help you through the forum all the info related to question papers books test papers previous papers

what ever you get doubt in your preparation feel free to post it here we will help you to resolve your problem

Regards

~AdityA~
20th July 2011, 09:09 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering?

hi dear

yes,you can apply for this.

because all branche student if wish to attain this exam

they can give exam any one branch os followings:-

Electrical

Electronics

Civil

Electronics

Mechanical
20th July 2011, 09:48 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering?

yes you are eligible for this exam.

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination ( upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain others )

How to Apply : UPSC applications are available for Rs. 20/- at notified post offices all over the country. Rs. 100/- (rupees one hundred only) through central Recruitment Fee Stamp only shall be attached. There is a fee exemption for SC/ST/Female/PH candidates. Please mark exam code as ENGG and not as IES. IES means Indian Economic service. Be careful in this aspect.

Last date for application : Usually in the first week of March in year of conduct of examination (offline)

Applications can be made online also. For details refer website www.upsc.gov.in
20th July 2011, 10:30 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

no. you are not eligiable to appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering.

as you know mechanical engineering holders are allow but Aeronautical Engineering holders are not allow for IES.

the department of engineering those are eligiable for IES exam are given below

1.mechanical.

2.electrical.

3.civil.

4.electronics & communication.

apart from that all other branch of engineering holders are not eligible for the IES exam.

all the best...........
20th July 2011, 12:36 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can I appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering?

Quote:
Dear friend yes you can surely give exam from any branch..........

there is different type of branch is available and you can give exam from any trade this is totally depend on you which branch you choose for exam........

Because for IES in which subject you are strong then that subject you can choose ..............
20th July 2011, 03:07 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Since you hold a degree in engineering, you are eligible to write Indian Engineering Service exam conducted by union public service commission.
The eligible age for the exam is between 21-30 years however, candidates belonging to OBC category are eligible upto a maximum of 33 years and candidates belonging to SC/ST category are eligible upto 35 years of age.

The IES exam is conducted in only four disciplines of engineering and as per your expertise and interest, you may select any one.

As you have mentioned that you are interested in the mechanical Engineering, you can definitely write the exam.

For further information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
20th July 2011, 05:22 PM
Arsalaan

Quote:
No question mark in that you can surely appear.
As you can see that main eligibility criteria for IES is that a candidate should be
a engineering graduate from a recognized university and you should have completed 21 years of age.
Hence it is clear that you are eligible.
As you get most of the papers in your stream and mechanical branch common ,thats a boon for you to appear in IES preparing with mechanical.

All the Best........
20th July 2011, 06:43 PM
pranavshah598

yes,you can apply for ies
21st July 2011, 12:40 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
yes you can appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering but only if you are having the eligibility qualifications required for the exam.
for giving ies exam, the student must have done engineering (mechanical, electrical, electronics and telecommunication or civil) with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students.
if you are having these qualifications, then only you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ies officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
29th January 2012, 06:35 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:

HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.E.S exam after passing B.Tech in aeronautical engineering.

For I.E.S exam candidate must pass the engineering in following branch:-
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

GOOD LUCK!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?