30th September 2018, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in UPSC Engineering Services Exam being a 21 years old BTech graduate?

Hello friends, I am 21 years of age and BTech graduate of this year. I want to appear in UPSC Engineering Services Exam. I would like to know that can I appear in this exam at this age? Kindly tell me immediately.

1st October 2018, 11:46 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in UPSC Engineering Services Exam being a 21 years old BTech graduate?

Yes, as you are 21 years old now and you have completed your B.Tech course.

So, you can apply for Engineering Services Examination that is conducted by UPSC.

To appear for UPSC's Engineering Services Exam, your age must be between 21 to 30 years (as on 1st of August in the year in which exam is being conducted).

Here are some of the books that you may refer for exam preparation.
UPSC Civil Engineering Solved Papers (Paperback)
by RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2009)
Price: Rs. 470

A Handbook for Electrical Engineering (Paperback)
by ME Team
Publisher: Made Easy Publications (2012)
Price: Rs. 164

A Text Book on Production Engineering ME (Paperback)
by Swadesh Singh
Publisher: Made Easy Team (2012)
Price: Rs. 300

IES Indian Engineering Services: Conventional Paper Mechanical Engineering Chapterwise Solved Papers (2011-2000) (Paper 1 and 2) (Paperback)
by Gaurav Shukla, Vaibhav Jain
Publisher: Arihant (2012)
Price: Rs. 319

U.P.S.C. (E.S.) Engineering Services Examination Mechanical Engineering: Objective Solved Papers (Paper - 1 & 2) (Paperback)
by GKP
Publisher: G.K. Publications (2012)
Price: Rs. 301

U.P.S.C. (E.S.) Engineering Services Examination Civil Engineering: Conventional Solved Papers (Paper - 1 & 2) (Paperback)
by GKP
Publisher: G.K. Publications (2012)
Price: Rs. 301

UPSC ES Engineering Services Examinations: Civil Engineering Including Practice Paper Study Guide
by G. K
Publisher: G. K. Publications
Price: Rs. 506
2nd October 2018, 05:28 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in UPSC Engineering Services Exam being a 21 years old BTech graduate?

Yes, you can appear in UPSC Engineering Services examination being a 21 years old B.Tech graduate. To be eligible to apply for UPSC Engineering Services examination, you should have passed Degree in Engineering from a Government recognised university and you should have attained the minimum age of 21 years as on 01.01.2019.
2nd October 2018, 07:44 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in the UPSC Engineering Services examination 2019 (also known as Indian Engineering Services examination) are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 30 years as on 01.01.2019. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your degree course in engineering from a university approved by AICTE. Students pursuing final year of their B.E./B.Tech degree course are also eligible.

So, being 21 years old and B.Tech degree holder, you are certainly eligible to apply for the UPSC Engineering Services examination.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd October 2018, 09:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The age criteria for Engineering Services examination is 21-30 years as on 1st January, 2019. Your date of birth must fall within 02/01/1989 to 01/01/1998.

2. You should have passed in all semesters of engineering.

The last date to apply for exam is 22nd October 2018.
3rd October 2018, 05:25 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The age limit to apply for UPSC Engineering Services Examination is to 21 years to 30 years for general category candidates. Further, there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

So, being 21 years old and having completed B.Tech degree, you are eligible to apply for the UPSC Engineering Services Examination as per the educational and age requirement for appearing in the same examination .

For more FAQs and queries regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
4th October 2018, 08:49 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The minimum age required to apply for Indian Engineering Services examination as on 1st January, 2018 is 21 years.

If you have already attained the age of 21 years then you can apply for UPSC ESE exam being a B.Tech candidate.

Last date for online application is 22nd October.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?