30th September 2015, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Bank job for PO level post being Medical final year student?

Sir. I am a student of bsc medical final year. And I have no computer aptitude..Can I apply for a bank job as post PO level?

30th September 2015, 04:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Bank job for PO level post being Medical final year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir. I am a student of bsc medical final year. And I have no computer aptitude..Can I apply for a bank job as post PO level?
After completion of B.Sc in Medical, you can apply for Bank PO exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Examination pattern for Bank PO 2015:-

Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability - 50 questions for 50 marks each
English Language and General Awareness - 40 questions for 40 marks each
Computer Knowledge/ Awareness - 20 questions for 20 marks
30th September 2015, 06:47 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Bank job for PO level post being Medical final year student?

Yes you are definitely eligible for appearing in the bank PO entrance examination being a final year student of Bachelor of Science in medical degree as for appearing in the same examination there is no specific requirement of stream of academics.

To become a probationary officer of any nationalized banks of India you need to clear either IBPS bank PO examination or SBI bank Po examination.

--> The qualifications required for appearing in the same examinations are here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 30 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have a either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same with any stream of your choice from a recognized university.

* You must have knowledge to work on computer as the banking works are computer based.

--> Also the above mentioned examinations are conducted in three stages which are as Preliminary test, Mains and Personal interview respectively.

For more information about the same examinations you can log on to the respective official links of mentioned examinations which are www.ibps.in or www.sbiexam.in
30th September 2015, 06:48 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can apply for Bank PO job even being in final year of your Bachelor's degree .

To apply for job in banks, you have to appear for the IBPS exam .

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. IBPS provides its service to all Public Sector Banks, Regional Rural Banks, SBI, RBI, NABARD and SIDBI which are its regular member organizations.

The eligibility to apply for IBPS P.O. exam are as under:-

-The candidate should hold graduation degree with minimum 60%(55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate should possess a certificate/diploma/degree in Computer Operations / Languages from an institute/college/university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 30 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

IBPS exam syllabus :

English,

General awareness,

Marketing and Computers,

Quantitative aptitude,

Test of reasoning.

-The exam process involves of following stages :

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main Examination, and

*Personal Interview.
30th September 2015, 07:25 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Of course, you are surely eligible for Bank PO Examination even being final year student.

# But the final year student are provisionally eligible. Their candidature is confirmed only when they produce the documentary proof of clearing their bachelor degree course.

# Required educational qualification for Bank PO Examination:

* Any bachelor degree in any discipline from any recognised university.
* Must have taken minimum 60% marks for candidate belonging to General category.
* Must have taken minimum 55% marks for candidate belonging to any reserved category.

# Required age limit for Bank PO Examination:

* 18-30 years for General category
* 18-33 years for OBC category
* 18-35 years for SC category
* 18-35 years for ST category
* 18-40 years for Physically Handicapped category

# Useful books in the preparation of Bank PO Examination are:

* Pearson Guide to English Language by Edgar Thorpe and Showick Thorpe.
* Arihant's Objective English
* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal
* Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
* Computer Knowledge by R. S. Aggarwal
* Upkar Publication's Bank PO Examination
* Arihant's General Studies
* Lucent's General Studies
* Reasoning Ability by R.S. Aggarwal
30th September 2015, 07:33 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the bank PO examination after the medical B.Sc course from the recognised university.

The required eligibility to appear for the bank PO examination conducted by the different organisation is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university before appearing for the examination. The age of the candidates must be between the 21-30 years and relaxation as per government rules.

So you are eligible to appear for the examination conducted in the 2016 if pursuing the final year in 2015. For more information about the examination procedure visit at the www.ibps.in.
30th September 2015, 07:37 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Bank PO exam is conducted for candidates to join in as Probationary officer and is held by banks based on the vacancy of the posts. You can apply for the IBPS exam for the post of PO if you satisfy the eligibility criteria framed for it. The eligibility criteria includes:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification

-> The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India

-> Age limit needed is 20-30 years for general category candidate and there are relaxation for other categories such as 5 years for SC/ST and for OBC it is 3 years.

-> Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IBPS Exam. The selection procedure is:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Common Written Exam
  3. Interview
30th September 2015, 08:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The entrance exam for the post of probationary officer is generally conducted by the Institute of Personnel and Banking Selection for most of the nationalized banks. Eligibility criteria for the PO post is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Final year candidates can also apply for the exam. The age limit for the IBPS PO is 20-30 years with upper age relaxation applicable to OBC and SC/ST respectively upto five years.

SBI conducts its own entrance exam for the Probationary officer post. The age limit is 21-30 years and graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. So, you can apply for the PO entrance exam being a final year candidate of medical course.
30th September 2015, 08:25 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

PO is the Probationary officer and is a designated post in banks. The eligibility criteria for the PO in banks:

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates of final year bachelor's degree course are also eligible.

2. Age limit : 20-30 years for IBPS PO and 21-30 years for SBI PO.

Those belonging to reserved category are eligible for relaxation in upper age limit.

So, you can apply for the Bank PO exam being medical final year candidate.
1st October 2015, 12:52 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
As you have told that, you are a final year student of Medical field, then you can apply for Bank PO Exam.

Age Limit is prescribed for each category candidate like:

Your age must be under 25 years.

3 years age relaxation is provided to OBC Candidates.

5 years age relaxation is provided to SC/ST Candidates.

Selection Procedure is not easy in Bank/PO Exam. There are namely three stages:
  • Online Aptitude Test
  • Online Psychometric Assessment
  • Case-based Group Discussion (GD)
  • Personal Interview (PI)
1st October 2015, 01:04 AM
rajrohitrocks

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the bank PO examination after the medical B.Sc course from the recognised university.

The required eligibility to appear for the bank PO examination conducted by the different organisation is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university before appearing for the examination. The age of the candidates must be between the 21-30 years and relaxation as per government rules.
1st October 2015, 11:03 AM
manishkr36

Of course, you are surely eligible for Bank PO Examination even being final year student.
Required age limit for Bank PO Examination:

* 18-30 years for General category
* 18-33 years for OBC category
* 18-35 years for SC category
* 18-35 years for ST category
* 18-40 years for Physically Handicapped category
1st October 2015, 01:27 PM
H Rimmy

Hi Dear
Yes you can apply for the PO exam .For the bank PO exam required graduation in any recognized university.There are some other requirements about which i telling you.
Age Limit:-20 to 30 years for general
3 years relaxation for OBC
5 years relaxation for SC/St.
Exam Pattern:-General awareness
2.Computer Knowledge & Marketing Aptitude
3.English Language
4.Mathematics
There are two stages of exam.
First one is Pre Exam
Second one is Mains Exam
Pre-Exam covered Reasoning, English & Quantitative with 100 marks
Mains covered all 5 subjects with 200 Marks.
Negative marking are also available against wrong answered.
Best Regards
H Rimmy
2nd October 2015, 04:44 PM
maakaladla

Hello..

Yes yes you can apply for PO exam after completed graduation for a recognized university for apply the exam for SBI PO exam

:-Age limit:- 20 to 25
:-1year relaxation for BC caste students.
:-7 year relaxation for Sc students.

:-exam pattern are as follows:-
:-computer knowledge
:-english language knowledge
:-general awareness
:-quantitative aptitude

exam are of two stages
:-Note:- negative marking are also available please note that point.

Thanks.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?