27th November 2011, 04:07 PM
Anand yadav 200

Can I apply for BITS after Improvement Exam having secured more than 80% in 12th but less than 60% in PCM?

I have more than 80% overall in 12th but less than 80% in PCM. Can I apply for BITS after improvement exam?

27th November 2011, 05:57 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for BITS after Improvement Exam having secured more than 80% in 12th but less than 60% in PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand yadav 200 View Post
I have more than 80% overall in 12th but less than 80% in PCM. Can I apply for BITS after improvement exam?
Can I apply for BITS after Improvement Exam having secured more than 80% in 12th but less than 60% in PCM?

I am so sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for BITS as you don't have 80% marks in PCM. For complete list of eligibility criteria ,please see below :
  • Students should have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
  • In board examinations, they should score at least 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and at least 60% marks in each of these subjects.
  • They should have acceptable proficiency in English.
  • Students who are already studying in any of the BITS campus at present are not eligible for BITSAT
  • First rankers in their respective boards at 10+2 level who meet the above-state eligibility criteria are guaranteed admission in any course of their choice, irrespective of their marks in BITSAT and respective position in BITSAT merit list

So you are not eligible since you failed to eligibility criteria .

For more information please visit the official website http://www.bitsadmission.com

With Regards
ravik1214
27th November 2011, 06:04 PM
Smit R. Mistry

Default Re: Can I apply for BITS after Improvement Exam having secured more than 80% in 12th but less than 60% in PCM?

Friend this is a small problem ,as per my opinion bits entrance is there so apply it. Don't take the tense of not securing good marks.just prepare for the entrance....
Best of luck .........
9th March 2012, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for BITS after Improvement Exam having secured more than 80% in 12th but less than 60% in PCM?

I gave my physics board exam (2012)...I feel that I might get around 58-59% in it which is below the 60% eligibility criteria will I be still eligible for BITSAT 2012?
3rd May 2012, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

will you consider the subjects weight age by combining both 1st year and second year marks or only second year marks
8th May 2012, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Red face Re: Can I apply for BITS after Improvement Exam having secured more than 80% in 12th but less than 60% in PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
will you consider the subjects weight age by combining both 1st year and second year marks or only second year marks
it is for both years
10th May 2012, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

dear sir, i have got 946 out of 1000, yet only 46 marks in physics, thus i have applied for a rewrite of only physics. will the bits guys accept my earlier marks memo???
10th May 2012, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

SIR , IVE QUALIFIED FOR BITS THIS YEAR, YET DUE TO UNSATISFACTORY MARKS IN PHYSICS,(46) I HAVE APPLIED FOR THE REWRITING OF EXAM, WILL MY BITS ELIGIBILITY BE DENIED DUE TO THIS!!??
10th May 2012, 10:34 PM
ab7777

Quote:
SIR , IVE QUALIFIED FOR BITS THIS YEAR, YET DUE TO UNSATISFACTORY MARKS IN PHYSICS,(46) I HAVE APPLIED FOR THE REWRITING OF EXAM, WILL MY BITS ELIGIBILITY BE DENIED DUE TO THIS!!??
if you have obtained 46% in physics exam, i am sorry to inform you that you wont be eligible to appear for the BITSAT as the minimum criteria is to get 60% each in physics chemistry maths and also obtain an aggregate of 75% in these three subjects.
25th May 2012, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

i hav appeared 4 d bits test n qualified.. bt i hav attempted phy n chem improvement so wil i b eligible 2 join..
25th May 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

i hav attempted 4 bits n got qualified 4 it bt i hav attempted improvement of phy n chem..den wil i be eligible 2 join in bits
21st June 2012, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

I secured eligible marks(more than 60% in each and 75% above in aggregate) for BITS. But, I took improvements and am still eligible (more than 60% in each subject & more than 75% aggregate)
But I took improvements in only 3 subjects. Am I still eligible for BITS?
21st June 2012, 08:03 PM
padhakudkt

sorry but the requirement is more than 70% in the physics,chemistry and mathematics combined together!
and more than 60% in each subject!

So you are not eligible since you failed to eligibility criteria .

For more information please visit the official website http://www.bitsadmission.com
26th July 2012, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

sir,i got 41 this year in maths...cn i give improvemental exam in maths and apply for bit sat next year
29th July 2012, 07:00 PM
ab7777

Quote:
sir,i got 41 this year in maths...cn i give improvemental exam in maths and apply for bit sat next year
Hi friend
If you are taking an improvement exam, you must take the re-exam in ALL the subjects you had in your +2. The eligibility criteria has a sentence that i have quoted below.

"If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed"

So if you take an improvement exam and get atleast 60% in each physics, chemistry and maths and get 75% aggregate in PCM then you will be eligible to appear for BITSAT 2013 else not.

You can read the eligibilty criteria on the official link:http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/...20Criteria.htm

Good luck
19th October 2012, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

where does this resp. exam is conducted... n how to get registered 4 xam?
13th September 2013, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

HOW MUCH I SCORE MY IMPROVEMET EXAM FOR BEING LIGIBLE BITSAT?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?