9th June 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Which branch of Biotechnology is the most demanding between Agricultural or Medical?

Sir I want to know which branch of biotechnology is most demanding -agricultural or medical?

10th June 2011, 11:22 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which branch of Biotechnology is the most demanding between Agricultural or Medical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I want to know which branch of biotechnology is most demanding -agricultural or medical?
If you go for medical then it has more good scope and incentives than agriculture in biotechnology.
In medicine, modern biotechnology finds promising applications in such areas as

drug production
pharmacogenomics
gene therapy
Cloning
genetic testing (or genetic screening): techniques in molecular biology detect genetic diseases. To test the developing fetus for Down syndrome, Amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling can be used.

While in agriculture you will find:
Crop yield
Reduced vulnerability of crops to environmental stresses
Improved taste, texture or appearance of food
Reduced dependence on fertilizers, pesticides and other agrochemicals
Genetically modified food
28th June 2011, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which branch of Biotechnology is the most demanding between Agricultural or Medical?

Sir,can I go for MSc in medical biotechnology after completing my BSc in agriculture?
18th November 2012, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

i wanted to to know what is the most demanding topic in animal biotechnology?
26th November 2012, 02:33 AM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

branch of Biotechnology is the most demanding between Medical

1.gene therapy
2.cloning
3.pharmacogenomics
4.drug production
5.genetic testing

branch of Biotechnology is the most demanding between Agricultural

1.genetically modified food
2.crop yield
3.reduced dependence on fertilizers ,pesticides,& other agrochemicals
4.improved tastes,texture or apperance of food
5.reduced vulnerability of corps environmental stresses

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13th September 2013, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

hi,am Bob.i am confused between because i wish to do medical biotechnology or pharmaceutical sciences but i dont know which is the best.pliz advise
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?