16th September 2019, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CAT while pursuing final year of B.Com?

Hello Sir, I am Chandra Bhan. I am in final year of B.Com. Can I fill CAT, 2019? If yes, then when should I apply? Or, do I need to complete the final year of B.Com before applying for CAT?

21st September 2019, 01:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT while pursuing final year of B.Com?

CAT refers to Common Admission Test and for appearing in the same examination, the minimum education required is a graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate ( or 45% in case of SC/ST or PH category candidates ) from a recognized university. Students can appear in the same examination, while pursuing final year of their graduation degree course.

So, being a final year student of B.Com degree course, you are certainly eligible for appearing in CAT 2019.

Further, I would like to let you know is that the application for CAT 2019 is currently going on and will continue till 25.09.2019 while the examination will be held on 24.11.2019.

For more details and updates regarding CAT 2019, you can refer to the link www.iimcat.ac.in.
21st September 2019, 05:30 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT while pursuing final year of B.Com?

Candidates in the final year of bachelor degree or have passed the bachelor degree are eligible to appear for the CAT.

CAT examination is conducted for admission in B-school. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in the final year of the bachelor course.

There is no age limit to appear in the examination. Minimum 50% aggregate in bachelor degree to appear in the examination.

The last date to apply for CAT is 25th September 2019. So, you can apply for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?