29th January 2016, 11:46 AM
Raju Varman

Can I apply for CDS Exam after completing B.Sc in Zoology?

Respected sir,

I am a student of B.Sc 1st year with Zoology honours. I want to join defence force after my graduation.
Kindly let me know can I apply for CDS Exam after my graduation?

29th January 2016, 05:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS Exam after completing B.Sc in Zoology?

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services.

You will be eligible for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training academy of Combined Defence Services after bachelor's degree in Zoology.

You can apply for exam in final year of bachelor's degree.

Age limit is 19-24 for IMA and 19-25 for OTA.

Unmarried male and female candidates are eligible to apply.

Written test is followed by Service Selection Board.
29th January 2016, 06:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Combined defence service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year for recruitment of candidates to office cadre in army, Navy and Airforce.

Candidate must have citizenship of India.

Candidate must have done graduation from recognised University with at least 50% marks and for Naval Academy bachelor degree in engineering is required and for Air Force bachelor degree in engineering or bachelor degree in science is required.

Age limit should be in between 19 to 25 years.
29th January 2016, 06:52 PM
kantraman

One can apply for CDS exam only if having subject combination of physics, chemistry and mathematics in graduation,as math and physics is compulsory subjects for this exam.One having B.Sc in zoology is not eligible for CDS exam as it has not any combination with math subject.
29th January 2016, 07:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. The entrance exam for different academies of defence is conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times every year.

Eligibility criteria:

*For Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training academy, graduates from any discipline can apply for CDS.

*B.Sc Zoology graduates are eligible for CDS exam.

*Age limit is 19-24 years for IMA.

*Age limit: 19-25 years for OTA.
29th January 2016, 07:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Defence Services after graduation degree. UPSC conducts CDS examination for recruitment of candidates in defence services.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university. Candidates pursuing in final year can also apply.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in Air Force, Navy, Army and OTA. But, with Zoology honors, you are only eligible to appear for Army and OTA. The age limit is 19-24 years for Army and 19-25 years for OTA.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th January 2016, 08:14 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raju Varman View Post
Respected sir,

I am a student of B.Sc 1st year with Zoology honours. I want to join defence force after my graduation.
Yes you will be eligible to sit for CDS Examination after completing graduation.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service Examination. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. You can give this exam twice a year.

Important Dates C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2016:-
  • Releasing date of CDS I 2016 Notification: 7th, November 2015.
  • Final Date of Receipt of Applications: 4th, December 2015
  • CDS I 2016 Admit cards download date: – January to February 2016
  • Exam Date of CDS I 2016: 14th February 2016.
  • Result Date of CDS I 2016: May 2016
Qualification required:-
  • Indian Military Academy: You need a degree from a recognized university.
  • Indian Naval Academy: You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with Physics and Mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering.
  • Air Force Academy: You need to have a B.Sc degree with Physics and Mathematics or B.Tech degree of four years' duration.
  • Officer's Training Academy: You need to possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
Age Limits:-
  • Indian Military Academy: 19-24 years
  • Naval Academy: 19-22 years
  • Air Force Academy: 19-23 years
  • Officer's Training Academy: 19-25 years
Official Website:- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
29th January 2016, 08:18 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services.
Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conducts CDS examination for recruitment in Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Indian Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy.

Eligibility to appear in CDS are
-Candidate must be citizen of India
-Candidate must be of age 18-23 years for Indian Military and Naval Academy, 20-24 years for Air Force Academy and 18-24 years for Officers Training Academy.
-Candidate must have completed any Bachelor degree for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy while Bachelor degree with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 for Air Force Academy and Bachelor of Engineering for Indian Naval Academy.

So, being a B.Sc Zoology student, you can apply for CDS for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy only .
29th January 2016, 10:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raju Varman View Post
Respected sir,

No, you are not eligible for CDS exam because you are in 1st year of B.Sc degree.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Study Package for CDS 1st Edition
Author: Atul Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education

CDS Exam Guide 1st Edition
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
29th January 2016, 10:52 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Combined Defence Services is organized twice every year by the Union Public Service Commission every year. There are different academies under CDS. Eligibility criteri varies from category to category.

Eligibility criteria:

>>For Indian Naval academy and Airforce academy, bachelor's degree in science and mathematics or engineering is compuslory.

>>For Military academy and Officer's Training academy, any graduate can apply. Being a bachelor of science candidate in zoology, you will be eligible for IMA and OTA only.

You can apply for CDS exam after graduation. But you must be at least 19 years and not more than 24 years for IMA and 25 years for OTA.
30th January 2016, 12:01 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Zoology graduates are eligible for Combined Defence Services examination. But if you clear the written test and Service Selection Board of this examination, you will be eligible for joining for Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy as graduates from any discipline are eligible to join IMA and OTA only.

You can not join INA or AFA because you do not meet the required eligibility criteria. You can apply for the CDSE conducted by UPSC for candidates willing to join defence after bachelor's degree.

The age criteria for IMA is 19-24 years and OTA is 19-25 years. In CDS, both unmarried male and unmarried female are eligible to apply.
30th January 2016, 10:29 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services which is organized by the UPSC.

Eligibility for CDS Exam:-
Candidate should have completed graduation with physics,che, mathematics subjects
from a recognized university.

Zoology graduate are also eligible for CDS exam.

Candidates should be graduate.

Age limit :- 19 to 25
30th January 2016, 10:34 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Yes you can apply for the CDS (Combined Defense Services) Exam. For the CDS exam the eligibility required is graduation from any stream, so you are pretty much eligible for the exam. In CDS exam four disciplines comes under which as,
1. Indian Military Academy
2. Indian Naval Academy
3. Indian Air force Academy
4. Officers Training Academy
You can go for any of discipline according to your choice and interest.
For the different different disciplines the age criteria is also different different.
AGE LIMITS
19-24 years Indian Military Academy
19-22 years Naval Academy
19-23 years Air Force Academy
19-25 years Officer's Training Academy
WRITTEN EXAMINATION
1. English (Objective type) = 100 marks
2. General Knowledge (Objective Type) = 100 marks
3. Elementary Mathematics (Objective Type) = 100 marks
This exam pattern is for Indian Military, Naval Academy, Air force Academy.
And for Officer's Training Academy exam only English and General Knowledge subjects are taken into account and the exam is of 200 marks.
Note:- Only un-married candidates are eligible. The female candidates is only eligible for the Officer's training exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?