10th December 2018, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Civil Services exam after completing 12th PCM?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to apply for Civil Services exam. Currently, I am preparing for me Board exam of 12th standard with PCM stream. I would like to know that can I apply for Civil Services exam after my 12th? Please let me know asap.

14th December 2018, 08:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Civil Services exam after completing 12th PCM?

Civil Services examinations are held by UPSC once every year and for appearing in the same examination the minimum qualification required are as below:-

* You need to hold the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Upper age limit relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidate as per the government rules.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline of your interest from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their graduation degree are also eligible.

As evident from the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you are not eligible for appearing in the civil services examination just after completion of your class 12th.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 08:59 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

You cannot directly apply for Civil Services Exam after 12th standard.

To be eligible for Civil Services Exam, firstly you will have to complete graduation in any stream from a recognized college.

After completing graduation, you can apply for Civil Services Exam. You can also appear for this exam if you are in final year of your graduation.

To qualify this exam, you need to pass these three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview
15th December 2018, 11:12 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Being a student of Class 12th, you are not eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination right after your Class 12th completion as the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, in order to be eligible for the Civil Services examination, you will have to first complete your graduation degree course.

For more detailed information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 01:17 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S etc.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years. There is relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination with your present qualification. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 04:02 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates pursuing or have maximum qualification 12th are not eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination.

To appear for Civil Service Examination the required minimum qualification is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. So, you have to pursue and complete bachelor degree course to appear for the examination.

It is conducted in three stages. You have to appear and qualify in all three stages for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 05:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service is conducted by UPSC. You are not eligible to appear for the examination after 12th. The examination is considered as among the toughest examination and candidates need to have dedication, devotion and determination to qualify in examination.

The minimum required eligibility to appear for examination is bachelor degree. So, you have to enroll yourself in bachelor degree course and after completion you will become eligible for appearing in the examination.

To get more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 05:39 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Civil Service Examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.F.S, I.P.S Officer etc.
It is considered as mother of all examination and required hard and smart preparation to qualify in the three stages of examination.

To appear for the examination one must have passed or pursuing in bachelor degree in any discipline. So, you will become eligible to appear in the examination after bachelor degree.

You can find detail information from official website www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 05:42 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to write Civil Services exam only after completing 12th examination.
You have to complete graduation first to be eligible.

Eligibility criteria required for Civil Services exam are as follows:-
Candidate must have completed their graduation from a recognized university in any of the stream.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in their graduation.
Candidate age should be under 21 years to 30 years. For OBC it is 32 years and for SC/ST/PWD it is 35 years.
Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
15th December 2018, 05:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a student of Class 12th, you can not apply for the Civil Services examination straight after the completion of your Class 12th but you can apply for the same once you complete your graduation degree too after completion of you Class 12th as the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Apart from the educational qualification, you must hold the nationality of India along with your age lying within the bracket of 21 years to 32 years to be eligible for the same examination. Further, there is provision of age relaxation for candidates belonging to reserved category as per the government norms.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 06:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You do not have the required minimum qualification to appear for the Civil Service examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

The minimum qualification to appear for the examination is bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you will have to take admission in bachelor degree course and then only you will become eligible to appear for the examination.
15th December 2018, 06:55 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board. To be eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination, you should have passed Bachelor’s degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. So, being a 12th standard student, you have to pursue Bachelor’s degree course to be eligible to apply for Civil Services examination.
15th December 2018, 07:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. The minimum academic qualification required for this exam in graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

The minimum age limit is 21 year. You cannot apply for exam after 12th board exam.
15th December 2018, 07:48 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic requirement for Civil Services exam is bachelor's degree from any recognized university.

You can not apply for exam after 12th board examination.
15th December 2018, 07:50 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> In order to apply for Civil Services exam, the candidate should have passed graduation from a recognized university.

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to apply for Civil Services exam after completing 12th class.

=> My suggestion to you is that you should complete graduation course first then you can apply for apply for Civil Services exam.
16th December 2018, 09:42 AM
stutiswet2

No, you cannot apply for Civil Services Exam just after 12th standard. You need to complete your graduation in any field after 12th standard.

Then, you can apply for Civil Services Exam. Also, you can apply for Civil Services Exam when you are in final year of your graduation course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?