30th June 2013, 07:55 PM
nishadkharade

Can I apply for IES after instrumentation and control engineering from Pune University?

Hello Sir,
Now I am in final year of Instrumentation & control Engg. from Pune university, can I apply for IES ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  2. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  3. Which branch to apply for IES after engineering (instrumentation and control)? How to get the application forms?
  4. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  5. Which subject to choose to prepare for IES entrance exam after graduation from Instrumentation and Control Engineering?
  6. Can I apply for IES examination if I have less than 60% marks in B.E.(Instrumentation and Control)?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for B.Tech/B.E.(Instrumentation Engineering) through Distance Education if completed Diploma in Instrumentation & Control Engineering? -- [New]
  8. Will this be a right option for me of preparing for IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering in Electronics Instrumentation and Control?
  9. Can the candidates of Instrumentation Engineering apply for IES Exam?
  10. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  11. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  12. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  13. Can I apply for IES after pursuing B.E degree in the stream of instrumentation engineering
  14. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidate apply for jobs of Instrumentation Control Engineering?
  16. Best institutes in Pune to do VLSI course?
  17. Mumbai University B.E in Instrumentation Engineering 5th Sem Control System Components Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. Can I applly for electrical engineering? I've done diploma in instrumentation and control engineering
1st July 2013, 11:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES after instrumentation and control engineering from Pune University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishadkharade View Post
Hello Sir,
Now I am in final year of Instrumentation & control Engg. from Pune university, can I apply for IES ?

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination

If you have engineering degree then you are applicable for IES exam OR M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.

But you should write the exam on one from subjects .

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

You are from final year of Instrumentation & control Engg so you are applicable for IES exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.

SC/ST = 5 years .
OBC =3 years .
PWD =10 years .
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years .

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

The latest Pattern for IES exam is attached below, you can follow this pattern-

For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
24th July 2013, 05:31 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES after instrumentation and control engineering from Pune University?

Yes, you are eligible for UPSC conducted ESE exam. ESE exam can be written in any of the streams of civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electronics engineering or electrical engineering. Your age must be between 21 and 30 years at the time of submitting application. Those belonging to OBC and SC/ST category can apply up to 33 and 35 years respectively. Questions on general studies, general English, and engineering studies are asked for ESE exam.
17th December 2013, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Application form?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?