18th April 2019, 08:49 PM
Divyangel.malireddy

Can I apply for IITs entrance exam after 10th?

I have studied my 10th class in a private school (Sri Chaitanya) in Andhra Pradesh. Now can I apply for IITs entrance exams? Or, do I need to completed my 2nd PUC/12th first?

23rd April 2019, 08:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IITs entrance exam after 10th?

Having just completed your Class 10th now., you are not eligible for appearing in IIT entrance examination i.e; JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) at this stage as the minimum education required to apply for JEE is a Class 12th with Mathematics, Physics, and Chinese as main subjects from a recognised board. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examination are also eligible.

For more detailed information regarding JEE, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
24th April 2019, 11:59 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

IIT entrance exam is now called as JEE Advanced Exam.

To be eligible for JEE Advanced exam, firstly you will have to complete your 12th standard with PCM stream (appearing candidates are also eligible).

Then, qualify JEE Main entrance exam. After qualifying JEE Main exam, you will be eligible for JEE Advanced exam.

For JEE Main Exam, you must have completed/appearing 10+2 with PCM stream.
25th April 2019, 09:33 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for IIT entrance examination after completion of 10th standard. You have to pursue 11th and 12th standard to be eligible to apply for IIT entrance examination. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a government recognised board are eligible to apply for IIT examination. So, being a 10th pass candidate, you are not eligible to apply for IIT examination.
25th April 2019, 09:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for IIT JEE as per present qualification.

The required minimum qualification to appear for the JEE is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with PCM as main paper.

So, you have to pursue PUC to become eligible to appear for the examination.
25th April 2019, 10:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IIT is Indian Institute of Technology.

Admission to IITs is done through Joint Entrance Examination conducted by National Testing Agency.

The minimum academic qualification required for IITs Entrance exam is 12th passed or appearing from a recognized board with PCM subjects.

You can not apply for IITs entrance exam after 10th.
26th April 2019, 01:47 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

You are not eligible for appearing in IIT entrance examination. The students after the completion of class 10th exam have one more chance to get an entry in IITs. The students pursuing Polytechnic Diploma after passing class X can get admission in IIT through JEE - Main Exam.

The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with an aggregate of at least 75% marks. For SC/ ST and PwD candidates, there is a relaxation of 10% as they need the aggregate of minimum 65% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?