16th December 2011, 03:18 PM
MALYAMEENA

Can I apply for ISS exam after doing M.Com with Accountancy and Business Statistics?

can i apply for iss exam i am m.com. with accountancy and business statistics

20th December 2011, 04:37 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for ISS exam after doing M.Com with Accountancy and Business Statistics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALYAMEENA View Post
To be eligible for the Indian Statistical Service exam, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, the candidate must hold a masters degree in Statistics, Applied Statistics or Mathematical Statistics.
Since you have studied statistics as a part of the course, you won't be eligible for the exam. However, apart from the academic qualification, candidates have to fulfill other criteria and the most important among all is the age limit.
The minimum eligible age to apply for the exam is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years for candidates belonging to general category, 33 years for OBC and 35 years for Sc/St category.
25th April 2012, 12:42 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for ISS exam after doing M.Com with Accountancy and Business Statistics?

I.S.S. STANDS FOR INDIAN STATISTICAL SERVICE EXAM.
THIS EXAM IS CONDUCTED U.P.S.C.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

Educational Qualification:-
-- CANDIDATES MUST BE A POST GRADUATE HOLDER WITH ANY ONE OF THESE DISCIPLINE STATISTICAL, APPLIED STATISTICS, MATHEMATICAL STATISTICS.
-- CANDIDATE MUST BE A POST GRADUATE DEGREE HOLDER FROM RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.
-- FINAL YEAR CANDIDATES OF A POST GRADUATE DEGREE HOLDER WITH ANY ONE DISCIPLINE CAN ALSO APPLY.

Age Limit:-
-- AGE OF THE CANDIDATE MUST BE BETWEEN 21-30 YEARS.

Citizenship:-
-- CANDIDATE MUST BE AN INDIAN CITIZEN.
-- CANDIDATE WHO IS A CITIZEN OF NEPAL, BHUTAN, TIBET & MIGRATED TO INDIA TO SETTLE PERMANENTLY CAN ALSO APPLY.

EXAM PATTERN:-

1)WRITTEN TEST
2)PERSONALITY TEST

IN WRITTEN TEST DESCRIPTIVE TYPES OF QUESTIONS ARE AVAILABLE.
QUESTION PAPER IS IN ENGLISH FORMAT.
--GENERAL ENGLISH WHICH CARRIES 100 MARKS. DURATION OF EXAM 3 HOURS
--GENERAL STUDIES WHICH CARRIES 100 MARKS. DURATION OF EXAM 3 HOURS
--STATISTICS I, II, III & IV EACH PAPER HAVING 200 MARKS & DURATION OF EACH EXAM IS 180 MINUTES.

CANDIDATES WHO HAVE QUALIFIED IN WRITTEN TEST ARE CALLED FOR PERSONALITY TEST CONSISTS OF 200 MARKS.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR INDIAN STATISTICAL SERVICE EXAM:-
Date of notification:-18.08.2012
Last date for form submission:-17.09.2012
Date of exam:-01.12.2012
26th February 2013, 11:56 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALYAMEENA View Post
Information Regarding ( Indian statistical service ) :-

ISS ie:-Indian statistical service and this Examination is Conducted by UPSC ie:- Union Public Service Commission . This Examination is held every once in a year .

To apply for this Examination than you should Fished Graduation from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

You should studied in any one of the subject in Master degree Course ( ie:- Statistics/ Applied Statistics / Mathematical Statistics )

Age Criteria for ISS Examination :-

# 21 years to 30 years for General candidates
# 21 years to 33 years for OBC candidates
# 21 years to 35 years for SC/ST candidates

If you satisfy the Eligibility Criteria then your eligible for ISS Examination ..
19th April 2020, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

I have studied business statistic as one of my subject. Can I apply for iss exams?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?