27th January 2018, 08:48 PM
Home sweet home

Can I apply for JRF in Life Science related project having master degree in Dietetics and Food Service?

I am presently pursuing a Master degree course in Dietetics and Food Service management from IGNOU. I wish to appear for the CSIR NET examination but after clearing NET, will I be eligible to apply for a JRF post in any life science project or in such field as my M.Sc also includes food service management which deals with management. I am a bit confused with this. Kindly help me out.

Related Questions:
  1. What course to do after completion of B.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics and Food Service Management? -- [New]
  2. Can i do Graduation course in Nutrition after Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education?
  3. Does IGNOU offer MSc in any discipline? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which course to study after 12th in order to become a Dietitian?
  5. How should I pursue Ph.D in Nutrition after doing MSc in Microbiology?
  6. What is the qualification criteria to apply for 6 months Internship in Dietetics & Food Service Management from AIIMS?
  7. Which course is best in M.Sc?
  8. Can I do an Internship being an M.Sc(Dietetics and Food Service Management) student?
  9. Detailed information and admission procedure to study M.Sc(Nutrition) in SNDT Women's University? Important dates of admission?
  10. Universities offering PG in clinical nutrition through distance mode in South India?
  11. Possibility to study PG in Dietetic for BCA holder? Duration of this course along with fee structure? Scope of this course in India?
  12. IGNOU M.Sc in Dietetics and Food Service Management Nutritional Biochemistry Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. Eligibility for JRF? Can I pursue my Ph.D and JRF simultaneously?
  14. What kind of job opportunities do I have after doing BSc in Nutrition? I am 35 years old
  15. Which course to study in Canada after B.Com?
  16. What is the admission procedure followed for doing PhD in Foods and Nutrition?
  17. Am I eligible for food inspector exam after completion of M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics?
  18. What are the various available courses available after B.Sc Biology?
9th April 2018, 03:55 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Can I apply for JRF in Life Science related project having master degree in Dietetics and Food Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home sweet home View Post
I am presently pursuing a Master degree course in Dietetics and Food Service management from IGNOU. I wish to appear for the CSIR NET examination but after clearing NET, will I be eligible to apply for a JRF post in any life science project or in such field as my M.Sc also includes food service management which deals with management. I am a bit confused with this. Kindly help me out.
Since you are pursuing your Masters in Dietetics and Food service,So you will have to apply under Life science subject in CSIR Net application form.
The eligibility to appear for these exam is Master degree in any discipline with atleast 50%.(relaxation for reservered category applies here,5% relaxation)
For JRF post the maximum age limit is 28 years.
As you will be a result awaited applicant so you will have to upload a certificate from your college stating that you are puruing in the final year of Master Degree.
The exam will be of 3 hours and marking scheme will be notified to you as per question during the exam.
Now coming to your question whether you will get JRF post in any life science project or in such field as my M.Sc also includes food service management.you can apply for any JRF post that deals with Life science subjects or its allied subjects.As your chosen subject in masters degree comes under Life science so if there will be any vacancy in that subject,you may be offered JRF post for the same.Else you have always option of doing JRF with any of the LIfe science subject provided there is vacancy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?