15th December 2018, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPSC exam having done graduation in Nutrition and Dietetics?

I am doing my 1st year graduate degree course in Nutrition and Dietetics. My doubt is that whether I'm capable to attend the UPSC exam with this degree or not? If yes, then what is the syllabus and exam pattern? And, should I apply after completing my graduation or can I apply before completion?

20th December 2018, 05:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exam having done graduation in Nutrition and Dietetics?

First thing I would like to let you know is that the UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests it is a commission that conducts different examination for recruitment of central government employees in various sectors such as defense, administrative, etc. .

But, in general UPSC examination is used to imply the Civil Services examination held once every year for recruitment of administrative officers such as IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. which too is the case in your query as per my assumption.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination, is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students can apply for the same examination, while pursuing final year of their graduation degree also.

So, even having opted for Nutrition and Dietetics as the subject for your graduation degree, you are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination once you complete your graduation degree as the stream of academics does not matter in the case of eligibility for the same examination.

For more details regarding the examination pattern and syllabus of the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd June 2020, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exam having done graduation in Nutrition and Dietetics?

If l complete graduation in dietetics then can I give UPSC exam?
7th November 2020, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

What are the subjects to study ias exams
6th January 2021, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

how will my degree of nutrition and ditetics help me in my civil examinations?
18th July 2021, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

I'm from MSC Nutrition and dietetics background can I appear for UPSC exam??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?