2nd July 2021, 09:33 AM
Toranadinni

Can I become Assistant Professor after MSc Mathematics?

I am completing Msc mathematics after Engineering so can I become assistant professor in mathematics or not possible

3rd July 2021, 10:19 PM
Singhskomal

Default Re: Can I become Assistant Professor after MSc Mathematics?

To become professor or assistant professor...you should clear you M.sc ( master's in science) mathematics with minimum 55% with recognized University..
Than you can appear for UGC NET ( National eligibility test) its a entrance test for ph.d (doctors in philosophy) and after clear NET exam you can appoint as assistant professor and do your practice as professor.
4th July 2021, 05:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

---- As you are interested to become a professor so, you must complete PhD in mathematics along with UGC NET score card.
Masters degree in mathematics is not enough to become a Assistant Professor.
Master degree in mathematics with at least 55% of marks is the minimum educational qualification required to apply for PhD in mathematics.

--- OFFICIAL WEBSITE
http://ugc.nta.nic.in
4th July 2021, 06:53 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible only after completing master degree with at least 50% and aggregate from a recognised University.
After that you need to write a NET entrance test and after qualifying entrance test you will be eligible to be appointed for the post of Assistant Professor.
4th July 2021, 11:23 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° After completion of Master of science in Mathematics, you are not eligible to apply for the post of an Assistant Professor, as the minimum educational qualification required to apply for the post of an assistant professor is Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics or any other subject you are interested.
Once you will complete your PhD course you will have to to qualify the UGC NET examination.
Hence, complete your PhD course after completion of MSc mathematics only then you will be eligible to apply for the post of assistant professor.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://ugcnet.nta.ac.in
5th July 2021, 01:56 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria :-

Candidates who have passed National Eligibility Test in population studies cannot become assistant professor in pure mathematics in any recognised college of India.
Master of Science candidates in mathematics after qualifying NET exam can become assistant professor in mathematics.
5th July 2021, 02:04 PM
periwinkle09876

Eligibility to become an Assistant Professor

To be eligible to become an assistant professor, one should have completed PhD degree from a recognised University of India with at least 55% marks and 5% relaxation is provided to reserved category students such as scheduled caste/Scheduled tribe/OBC.
As you have completed your Masters course in mathematics therefore, you are not eligible to apply for the post of an assistant officer with this qualification.

Exam - UGC NET/SET

Official website
http://ugc.nta.nic.in
6th July 2021, 08:25 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can. If you want to become a college lecturer after M.Sc Mathematics then you should have cleared the UGC-National Entrance Test (NET) test. In order to teach at a university, you are required a PhD. For applying in Govt colleges, You need to appear in the State Level Eligibility Test and must obtain minimum 50% marks.
7th July 2021, 08:30 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You are certainly eligible to become Assistant Professor after successful completion of M.Sc in Mathematics course. The basic eligibility criteria required is given below,

Name of the course - M.Sc in Mathematics

>> Candidates must have completed Post Graduation in Mathematics from a recognized institute or university in order to be eligible.

>> The percentage required is 55% marks in Post Graduation to be eligible.

>> Hence, you are definitely eligible to become Assistant Professor after studies.

>> UPSC Conducts examination for recruiting candidates for the post of Assistant Professor.
8th July 2021, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

As per the UGC revised guidelines, PhD is mandatory for Assistant Professors in Universities. However, for recruitment in colleges, the eligibility is minimum 55% marks in Masters & NET/SET qualified.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?