28th July 2012, 02:44 PM
Rupesh Bisht

Can I become an engineer after passing commerce? What should I do after passing 12th to be an engineer

may i become an engineer with commerce .. at this time i am in 11th what should i do after 12th class to be an engineer ???

13th October 2012, 08:33 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an engineer after passing commerce? What should I do after passing 12th to be an engineer

No you can not pursue Engieering course being a commerce student. It is just not possible to do so. You will have to complete Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the subjects to be eligible for Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech).

Engineering courses are strictly limited to science students. To take admission in a Engineering college you will first have to appear for a entrance exam. Some examples are mentioned below:

IIT-JEE

AIEEE

UPSEE

BITSAT

ISEET

In order to appear for any of these entrance exams you are required to complete 12th with PCM. There is no alternative. Therefore if you are a commerce student, it is just not possible for you to do B.Tech.

Science students need to appear for entrance exam depending on their choice. If you want to take admission in Indian Institute of Technology then appear for IIT-JEE, while those who want admission in state technical university need to appear in their entrance exams. For example those who seek admission in Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) need to appear for UPSEE.

Generally candidates eye admission in either Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or the National Institute of Technology (NIT). From next year you will have to appear for ISEET entrance exam if you want admission in these universities. This is because government has scrapped IIT-JEE and AIEEE entrance exams.

ISEET Eligibility

1. Complete 12th standard with PCM as the subjects.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th board.
13th October 2012, 09:02 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an engineer after passing commerce? What should I do after passing 12th to be an engineer

hi,

Almost all engineering colleges come under the range of some entrance exam.
There are many private and some government colleges that conduct their own
separate entrance exams.
Following are the details of some entrance exams which your daughter should
appear and qualify for getting admission in a good engineering colleges.
IIT-JEE
To be eligible for this exam one should have at least 60% marks in 12th board exam.
One can attempt IIT-JEE either in the year of appearing 12th or just the succeeding year.
(i.e., Only two consecutive attempts)
IIT-JEE covers 7 old IITs, 8 new IITs, IT-BHU Varanasi and ISM Dhanbad.
* IIT- Indian Institute of Technology.
visit: http://www.iitd.ac.in/
AIEEE
To be eligible for AIEEE one should have at least 50% marks in 12th board exam.
One can apply for AIEEE three continuous times only in the same manner as discussed above.
AIEEE covers 20 NITs and many more Govt., Govt. Funded and Self Financed institutions.
visit: http://aieee.nic.in/
BITSAT
BITS is the best private engineering institute in India .
It is having three campuses in India;
BITS Pilani, BITS Goa and BITS Hyderabad campus.
To be eligible for this exam one should have at least 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry
and Mathematics taking together and also at least 60% marks in each of Physics,
Chemistry and Mathematics.
One can attempt BITSAT either in the year of appearing 12th or just the succeeding year. (i.e., Only two attempts).
visit: http://www.bitsadmission.com/
Apart from these entrance exams you can apply for State Engineering Entrance exam
of your state which covers all state government colleges and mostly private colleges
of the state.
Thank you
13th October 2012, 09:42 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

HELLO DEAR

No, you can not pursue Engieering course being a commerce student
Engineering courses are strictly limited to science students. To take admission in a Engineering college you will first have to appear for a entrance exam. like:-
1. IIT-JEE

2. AIEEE

Eligibility

2. At least 55 percent marks in 12th board.
13th October 2012, 05:18 PM
azhardon

hi,
No you can not pursue Engieering course being a commerce student. It is just not possible to do so. You will have to complete Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the subjects to be eligible for Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech).

Engineering courses are strictly limited to science students. To take admission in a Engineering college you will first have to appear for a entrance exam. Some examples are mentioned below:

IIT-JEE

AIEEE

UPSEE

BITSAT

ISEET

In order to appear for any of these entrance exams you are required to complete 12th with PCM. There is no alternative. Therefore if you are a commerce student, it is just not possible for you to do B.Tech.

Science students need to appear for entrance exam depending on their choice. If you want to take admission in Indian Institute of Technology then appear for IIT-JEE, while those who want admission in state technical university need to appear in their entrance exams. For example those who seek admission in Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) need to appear for UPSEE.

Generally candidates eye admission in either Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or the National Institute of Technology (NIT). From next year you will have to appear for ISEET entrance exam if you want admission in these universities. This is because government has scrapped IIT-JEE and AIEEE entrance exams.

ISEET Eligibility

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th board.
13th October 2012, 10:32 PM
Astha sinhaa

No,being a student of commerce,one can never opt for engineering as engineering is meant only to science students especially Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.No any other alternative is there.
If you want to become an engineer,then you must be 12th appearing or passed candidate with PCM.For that you'll have to apply for the entrances like IIT-JEE,AIEEE,IIIT,BITSAT,etc.But,now the pattern has been changed from 2013,where JEE Mains paper will be held on Aieee level from which only 1,50,000 outlisted will be selected for JEE Advance paper.For more details go through the official website of JEE Council.
11th April 2013, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

can i become an soft..engineer after passing 12th from commerce-i.p
12th April 2013, 10:29 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hai dear…………… ..

I am sorry you are not eligible for Engineering course .

You can not take Engieering course being a commerce student.
You will have to complete Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the subjects to be eligible for Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech).

You can enter the engineering course through the following exams ;
IIT-JEE
AIEEE
UPSEE
BITSAT
ISEET

Generally candidates eye admission in either Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or the. National Institute of Technology (NIT). From next year you will have to appear for ISEETentrance exam if you want
admission in these universities. This is because government has scrapped IIT-JEE and AIEEE entrance exams.

In order to appear for any of these entrance exams you are required to complete 12th withPCM
Science students need to appear for entrance exam depending on their choice. If you want
to take admission in Indian Institute of Technology then appear for IIT-JEE, while those who
want admission in state technical university need to appear in their entrance exam.

All the best
3rd May 2013, 10:39 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupesh Bisht View Post
may i become an engineer with commerce .. at this time i am in 11th what should i do after 12th class to be an engineer ???

Dear friend,

It is not so. You must choose Science branch in 10+2 to join Engineering Course.

Being a Commerce Student, you are not eligible for any Engineering course like B.Tech or B.E.

However, you can apply for BBA, B.Com, MBA, M.Com, etc.

If you pursue Science Stream in 10+2, then you will have to appear for following Entrance Exams to get admission in prestigious engineering colleges of India.

>> JEE Mains - http://jeemain.nic.in

>> JEE Advanced - http://jee.iitd.ac.in

>> UPSEE - http://upsee.nic.in

>> MHT-CET - http://www.mhtcetonline.com

>> Orissa JEE - http://www.odishajee.com

>> WBJEE - http://wbjeeb.nic.in

>> EAMCET - http://www.apeamcet.org

>> COMEDK - http://www.comedk.or

>> SRMEE - http://www.srmuniv.ac.in

>> VITEE - http://www.vit.ac.in/admissions/viteee2013/online.asp

>> KIITEE - http://kiitee.ac.in
9th May 2013, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

how many percentage in 12th HSC board & MT-CET marks r necessary to qualify for Robotic engineering &also foe B.E. ?
2nd June 2013, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

A person can become an engineer after taking commerce. But it's a waste of time. You need to take vocational and foundational courses in Physics, Chemistry and Math. But it's possible. Don't listen to the closed minded retards. Break away from tradition. If you are dedicated and determined, you can become and engineer even with a commerce background. A person should be judged on his ability and not on his background.
4th December 2013, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

What are the steps are to be taken to become an aerospace engineering after passing 12th commerce with 90%?
7th January 2014, 10:01 PM
Rupesh Bisht

as you told me that i cant become an engineer cause of being a commerce student .. it there way to become that through POLYTECHNIC as you know that after completing this a person is eligible for B.tech second year ...

my questions is n which institutes or colleges polytechnic provide after diploma in this ... please if you could help me ...
14th January 2016, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of commerce and wanted read polytechnics what jobs are provided for me? ??? Can I get government job? ?
19th April 2016, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
I am Siddhi Shende. I was in std 11 with commerce subject. Now I am not interesting to do all career in commerce field.....
So can I give 12th science board exam without going to 11th science std again? Because I want to do mechanical engineering ....please give me suggestion
20th April 2016, 06:28 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

With commerce stream , You are not eligible for engineering admission. There are many courses available after (10+2) commerce in which you can make your bright career.

Engineering Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) in science stream with PCM as a main subjects.
- You should have appeared entrance exam JEE Main.

Courses After (10+2) Commerce
- B.Com
- BCA
- BBA
- BBM
- CA
- CS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?