7th December 2015, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IAS Officer after B.Sc Nursing?

Can i become ias officer after bsc.nursing if yes how i should prepare for it and what about the fee details and details about entrance exam. Percentage of marks required for it in degree .

7th December 2015, 07:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS Officer after B.Sc Nursing?

Yes, you are eligible to become I.A.S Officer after pursuing B.Sc Nursing. To become an I.A.S officer you have to qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC every year.

So, you need to qualify in all the three stages of Civil Services examination to become I.A.S Officer. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

* Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
* Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

There is no limitation on aggregate in graduation to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th December 2015, 11:17 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You are eligible to become a IAS office after completion of B.Sc Nursing. Here is the complete procedure and required information regarding the same.

Every year UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will conduct Civil Services Exam in order to recruit the candidates into various civil services like
IAS - Indian Administration Service
IPS - Indian Police Service
IRS - Indian Revenue Service
IFS - Indian Foreign Service etc.

The selection procedure consists of the following rounds :
-Civil Services Preliminary Exam (CSAT)
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

The eligibility criteria is as follows :

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of the Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation by the time they appear for Interview.
-No minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in Graduation. Hence you do not need to worry about percentage of marks.

Age criteria :
-Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-32 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

Since you completed B.Sc in Nursing and if you possess the above mentioned age criteria, you are eligible to apply for this exam.

For this academic year, the civil services exam was already over. However, you can apply for next academic year. Here are some of the important dates for next year civil services.

Date of release of notification : 23-04-2016
Last date for the receipt of filled applications : 20-05-2016
Date of Preliminary Exam : 07-08-2016

As per the preparation, the best thing is to join in a coaching Institution. They will give you the complete preparation tips, how to prepare and conduct mock exams from time to time.

You need to apply for this exam in online. The Registration would be very less. Once the notification is released, all the details will be there in the notification.
6th April 2019, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for upsc exam as my qualifications is Post BSC Nursing after GNM.
7th August 2020, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

I mean to say after bsc nursing which subject should I can choose
21st August 2020, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

After b.sc nursing I must write UPSC exam because its my aim.so give sugessions to me
12th September 2020, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

Preration subject is Sam for Bsc nursing as for others
26th June 2021, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

I want to prepare for upsc 2021 from home how to start my preparation without coaching
4th October 2021, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

After completing bsc nursing
Can I give upsc exam???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?