22nd July 2011, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?

Respected person,
I have passed in 12th from science stream. I jst wanted to know by doing BSC.IT can i ecome an IAS officer ?? if yes what all is reguired to achive it . Plz help me.

24th July 2011, 07:30 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected person,
I have passed in 12th from science stream. I jst wanted to know by doing BSC.IT can i ecome an IAS officer ?? if yes what all is reguired to achive it . Plz help me.
Yes definitely you can become IAS officer after completing B.SC IT and also your science background in 12th will also definitely help you to get into your dream job.

This is by this procedure you have to carefully read it to understand.

You have done a good thing by not going into engineering stream because there you will have to wait for one more year to complete your degree so it is a mere timewaste anyways.

I think now you are in 1st or second year B.Sc as your stream is not that tough you will find ample time for other things than your academics right..?

If yes, then you have to utilize that time to fulfill your dream that is using your time in an effect way will lead you to make your path clear and clean.

After completing your degree you are eligible only after completing your minimum age criteria of 21 years of age ok

After attaining this age you should have a clean degree without any backlogs at that time particularly.

you have to apply for the three stage patterned examination and you need to work hard smart to cross the three stage pattern which is as folllows.

->CSAT Replacing Prelims is the first stage

->Mains which is common Subjective paper.

-> finally interview as the last round of the examination pattern.

This is how you have to clear each and every stage successfully then only you will be offered a service that may be IAS,IPS,IFS anything depends upon your rank.

So I hope you understood the basics of the examination if you have any doubts you can directly log on to the official website of UPSC the link is here

www.upsc.gov.in

or else you can pose your questions in this way !!

we will be happy to help you.

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
24th July 2011, 07:57 PM
ajeetajeet1250

Default Re: Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?

Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?

Quote: Originally Posted by Unregistered
Respected person,

Yes definitely you can become IAS officer after completing B.SC IT and also your science background in 12th will also definitely help you to get into your dream job.

This is by this procedure you have to carefully read it to understand.

You have done a good thing by not going into engineering stream because there you will have to wait for one more year to complete your degree so it is a mere timewaste anyways.

I think now you are in 1st or second year B.Sc as your stream is not that tough you will find ample time for other things than your academics right..?

If yes, then you have to utilize that time to fulfill your dream that is using your time in an effect way will lead you to make your path clear and clean.

After completing your degree you are eligible only after completing your minimum age criteria of 21 years of age ok

After attaining this age you should have a clean degree without any backlogs at that time particularly.

you have to apply for the three stage patterned examination and you need to work hard smart to cross the three stage pattern which is as folllows.

->CSAT Replacing Prelims is the first stage

->Mains which is common Subjective paper.

-> finally interview as the last round of the examination pattern.

This is how you have to clear each and every stage successfully then only you will be offered a service that may be IAS,IPS,IFS anything depends upon your rank.

So I hope you understood the basics of the examination if you have any doubts you can directly log on to the official website of UPSC the link is here

www.upsc.gov.in

or else you can pose your questions in this way !!

we will be happy to help you.

All the best

Regards

~AjeeT~
24th July 2011, 08:43 PM
Sehwag6

Default Re: Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?

ya you are eligible for ias. The minimum eligibilities for ias: finished any degree course in any displine from any recognised university . And age limit is 21 to 30years. After that you write upsc exam . It conducts every year. It consists of preliminary,written test,direct interview. You finished this process and then you go for coaching in coaching centres. After finishing your coaching you will become a ias officer. Best of luck
24th July 2011, 08:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected person,
dear friend,

After completing your Bacholar Degree, you are eligible for IAS exams.

So, Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government are eligible for appear in IAS exams.

Age limits -

21-30 years as on (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.

Attempts -

The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

Number of Exams -

Preliminary Examination - It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination - It consists of written examination and interview.

All the best.
24th July 2011, 09:12 PM
kunjeyan5282

Yes,you can apply for civil services examination conducted by upsc once in year.
Educational eligibility--
a degree in any discipline from a recognised university
Age eligiblity--
candidate must have attained the age of 21 yrs but not older than 28 yrs.
Examination is conducted in two stages
-Preliminary exam also called prelims
-Mains
If you pass through the prelims you are eligible for mains other wise not.
If you pass mains too,you will be called for interview.
After all these merit list is prepared on these exams performance.
Eligible candidates/vacancy permitted candidates are called for joining.
24th July 2011, 09:39 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes after completing B.Sc IT, you will be eligible to apply for IAS.

You can also apply while you will be in your final year of graduation.

The minimum educational qualification for IAS is a graduation in any stream under any recognized university.
Final year students can also apply.

Percentage marks of graduation or any other degree is not required in IAS.

Some other requirements are:

* Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years....the age is calculated on the basis of 1st of August of the year applying for it.
(33 years for Sc/ST)

* Should be a citizen of India.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th July 2011, 09:44 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?

Dear friend,

Definitely you can appear in IAS entrance exam. To became an IAS the minimum qualification required is graduate, and B.Sc IT is graduate degree so do not worry you can appear.

The eligibility criteria of IAS is as follows:

1.Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1st Jul of the exam year. (Upper age limit relax-able for SCs/STs, OBC's and defense personnel).

SC/ST - upto a maximum of 5 years.

OBC - upto a maximum of 3 years.

Defense personnel - upto a maximum of 5 years.

2. Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree in any stream by a recognized university.

3. No. of permissible attempts :

For general candidates Four attampts

Seven attempts of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs .

3. Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

4. Paper pattern for prelims:

1. Optional Subjects (300 marks):

2. General Studies (150 marks):

5. Paper pattern for mains:

In mains, one has to appear for 9 papers

All the best...........
24th July 2011, 09:48 PM

yes after completing your b.sc in I.T you can apply for IAS officer . in IAS officer the qualification is grudation. after b.sc i.t your graduation is complete. you should be elligible.
24th July 2011, 10:44 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
After complete your 12th
then you go for B.sc (IT) there is no problem for IAS exam.

Criteria:-

* Candidate pass graduation

*Candidate must be Indian

*Age- 21 to 30 years

So you are eligible after b.sc(IT) because B.sc is the graduation.
19th August 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my engineering in cs what should i do to become an ips officer
26th August 2011, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

CAN I DO IAS IPS KAS I HAVE COMPLETED BSE IT FROM PTU DISTANCE EDUCATION
30th August 2011, 03:26 PM
dhruv007

of course , you are eligible for this exam, because the minimum eligibility for appearing in this exam, you should complete your graduation from any stream. you apply in this exam within the age limit of 21-30 years for a general candidates. also there are5 & 3 relaxation for SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.
you can also visit the official site of UPSC for more information,-http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st August 2011, 01:45 AM
sanju38121

for I.A.S exam the min qualification is graduation from a recognized university . Age limit- 21-30 years. For more detail please go to www.upsc.gov.in.

All the best..
31st August 2011, 04:49 PM
dhruv007

definitely, you are eligible for this exam , b'coz the minimum eligibility for appearing in this exam are you must to complete your graduation in any stream from any recognized college.
the age limit exist for appearing in this exam is 21-30years as a general candidate,5 & 3 years relaxation for SC\ST & OBC candidates.

The List of optional subjects for Main Examination
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science and International Relations
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

For any further details you can visit: http://upsc.gov.in/
1st September 2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

how many subjects have to be taken for IAS,IPS
9th September 2011, 05:44 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

as you are the holder of the bachelors degree that is the graduation you can attempt for the ias exam for sure mentioned that your graduation should have been completed from the recognized indian university.and your age should be greater than 21 years and less than 30 years .

age limit criteria for the genral category candidates is 21 to 30 years
for obc category candidates there is relaxation of the three years from the upper age limit.
and for sc/st category candidates there is relaxation of the 5 years from upper age limit .

for more detailed information regarding the ias exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
11th September 2011, 03:04 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

you can surely appear for the Civil service exams by doing B.Sc. IT or graduation from any stream

according to the UPSC guidelines

1)a candidate must be a graduate from a recognized college from any stream

2)he should be within the age limit of 21-30 years

you have a maximum of 4 attempts to clear the exam

1st round(Prelims) - tests your aptitude,current affairs and general knowledge
2nd round(Mains) - tests your knowledge of your graduation subjects

all the best
25th September 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

my aim is to become IAS ... bt at present im dng my b.tech 2nd year.... i ll definitely go to civil services after b.tech... i need ua help , hw can i prepare for IAS during my b.tech? to b frank im weak in general knowledge .... but i m hapy to say dat i ll b sumwat gud in subject concepts so plz suggest me to improve my GK and also to prepare for examination or to learn basics ... i request u to suggest me .......... thanking u ............ :) :)
21st October 2011, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

i am an engineering student my field is information technology can i do prepration for IAS exam....................
26th October 2011, 06:18 PM
jeo-rocks

hi dear,

After completing your Bacholar Degree, you are eligible for IAS exams.

So, Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government are eligible for appear in IAS exams.

Age limits -

21-30 years as on (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.

Attempts -

The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

Number of Exams -

Preliminary Examination - It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination - It consists of written examination and interview.

thanks
2nd December 2011, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my btech from computer science............what should i take the subject?..........my mathematics is good.....plz tell me
3rd December 2011, 07:15 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Definitely,you can become a IAS officer with B.sc course after cracking civil service exam with good rank.
Civil service exam is conducted by UPSC every year once,to take qualified students into different government sectors post like
>>Indian Administration Service
>>Indian Police Service
>>Indian Revenue Service tc.......

Eligibility criteria for Civil Service exam:
You should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.
Age relaxation for sc/st/pd category is 5 years and for obc category is 3 years.

To become a IAS officer,you should clear all three exam with merit marks.
The three exam are
>>Civil Service Preliminary exam
>>Civil Service Main exam
>>Interview.

If you clear preliminary exam,then only you can appear for Main exam.

Important dates for Civil service exam:
Civil Service(Preliminary exam) Notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.
Civil Service (Main Exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.

For more details,then click here
6th December 2011, 08:37 PM
akashcg02

Quote:
Respected person,
Yes, you can surely join BSC and become an IAS officer because there is no specific discipline restricting you from appearing for the IAS exams(UPSC). The requirements are as follows

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).
15th April 2012, 10:01 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Yes, shore you can eligibile for the IAS examination.
IAS (indian administrative service) exam is conducted by the UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE EXAMINATION) once in every year.

Eligibility criteria:

Any graduation from a recognised university.

Age limits is 21years to 30years, 3years age relaxation for OBC candidates and 5years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

Candidate must be a citizen of india.

Selection procedure:

Preliminary exam,
Main exam,
Interview.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
25th May 2012, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

i am only 13 years old...not so experienced in life...but still have an aim of being an ias officer...
i have a simple question that whats the meaning of degree of discipline?
i know that we can't appear for the exams without having a degree of discipline....thats why just want to know the meaning of degree of discipline...
31st May 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

To become an IAS officer does it requir to study from 10 th standard?
2nd June 2012, 04:09 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?

Hey friend,

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

IAS is one of the Indian Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The exam consists of 3 stages of selection of Candidates:
Preliminary exam.
Main exam
Interview.

The candidates must satisfy certain eligibility criteria's to apply for the exam:

Eligibility:

->The candidates must be a citizen of India.

->The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

->There is a exception in age limits,for SC/ST it is 35 and for OBC it is 33 and for
Ex-service men it i 5 years from the prescribed limits.

->The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university.

Attempts:

For SC/ST - No limit.
For OBC - 7
For General -4

You can apply for the exam either online or offline:

Online:

You can get the forms online from the official site of UPSC at
http://www.upsconline.nic.in
(OR)

Offline:

You can get the application forms from the Head post offices where UPSC forms are sold.The candidate should fill up in the relevant places of the Acknowledgement Card, their Civil Services Application Form Number and the name of the Civil Services Examination.

The candidates should affix the postage stamp of Rs. 6/- on the Acknowledgement Card and send the same along with Civil Services Application Form to UPSC to the following address:

ControllerofExaminations,
UnionPublicServiceCommission,
DholpurHouse,
ShahajahanRoad,
New Delhi – 110 069.

For more information you can check at the official site of UPSC at
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you.

2nd June 2012, 04:56 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?

Quote:
Respected person,
hi friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become IAS Officer you have to complete your Graduation degree course and then apply for UPSC Civil services examination. UPSC Conduct the Civil services examination every year and the examination is Conducted in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
>> Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and then you are eligible to appear for Main examination. Preliminary examination is Objective test and there are 2 papers in this examination and all are conducted in same day and all the examination will be of same marks.

In Main examination there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in this examination on the basis of Graduation, the papers in Main examination are as follows :

>> 1 Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
>> 1 English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
>> 1 General Essay type paper (200 marks)
>> 2 General Studies papers (300 marks each)
>> 4 Optional subjects papers (300 marks each)

If you cracked the Main examination, then you are eligible to appear for Final Interview and then you will become IAS Officer.

IAS:Indian Administrative Service.UPSC will hold the IAS exam every year.

IAS exam is conducted in 2 stages

Preliminary exam.
Main exam.

After cracking the Preliminary exam you are eligible for main exam.

Eligibility:

Education qualifications;

You have to pass your graduation in any recognized university.

Age qualifications:

Your age should in between 21-30 years.
Upper age limit will be applicable for ST/SC/OBC candidates.

No.of Permissible attempts:

4 for General candidates.

7 for OBC
No limit for SC/ST's.

Nationality:Indian.

Fee:

Rs.100/- for General candidates.
No fee for ST/SC/OBC/Physically handicapped candidates.

Examination structure:

Preliminary examination(CPS):

CPS consists of 2 papers.The examination is a objective type papers.
The examination is conducted following subjects namely

Mathematics
English
General Ability..

Main Examination;

Who are clearing the preliminary examination those are called for main examination.

All d best..
2nd June 2012, 07:08 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Any Graduate from any stream of education is eligible to become IAS officer provided he fulfill the other eligibility criteria by appearing for and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The candidate must be an Indian national. He should be a Graduate in any stream from a recognised University, the final year appearing candidate is also eligible for Civil Service exam. He should be aged not less then 21 years and not more then 30 years. There is upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection of candidate is through three phases:-

CSAT-CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST-PRELIMINARY EXAM

CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM

PERSONAL INTERVIEW

The CSAT Preliminary exam is of all objective type questions, after getting though this exam successfully, you will be called for the Civil Service Main Exam and those selected through Main exam will be called for the final selection of Personal Interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th August 2012, 06:23 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Yeah!!!
Sure....
You can appear for the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, through which one can make a way in Indian administrative & police service..
In order to become a IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE), officer, you must have to clear the civil service examinations, which is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) every year...

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear by an IAS aspirants.
1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

The educational requirements for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized college.As you have completed your graduation in computer science via B.sc. , you are totally eligible..

CSAT Exam pattern-

Number of optional subjects in CSAT-

Mains optional subjects-

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years for the general candidates..
21-33 years for the Obc candidates,
21-35 years for the sc\st candidates..

No. of attempts-

4 for the GENERAL CANDIDATES,
7 for the OBC CANDIDATES,
No SUCH restriction for the SC\ST CANDIDATES..

Important UPSC examination dates in 2012 -

For more info-
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

thanxxxx
~gamble~
17th September 2012, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

hii.. i am doing my UG in engineering...B.E computer science 3rd year....i want to become an IAS officer...wat subject i can choose as optional...pls reply...
Thank you!!
31st October 2012, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my engineering in computer science what should i do to become an ips officer then what subject i can choose as optional.
31st October 2012, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

i am doing in engineering...computer science 3rd year....i want to become an IAS officer...wat subject i can choose as optional...pls reply...
30th January 2013, 07:15 AM
purvi52

Yes, shore you can eligibile for the IAS examination.
IAS (indian administrative service) exam is conducted by the UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE EXAMINATION) once in every year.

Eligibility criteria:

Any graduation from a recognised university.

Age limits is 21years to 30years, 3years age relaxation for OBC candidates and 5years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

Candidate must be a citizen of india.

Selection procedure:

Preliminary exam,
Main exam,
Interview.
22nd February 2013, 10:13 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Respected person,
Yes you will be eligible after you do your Bsc in IT as after it you will be eligible to apply for it and also the eligiblity criteria is as follows:

1.The candidate must hold the graduation degree in any stream from recognized university.

2.Age limit is as follows:

1.for general 21-30 yrs

2.for obc 21-33 yrs

3.for sc/st 21-35 yrs
17th March 2013, 08:36 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

No you cannot become an IAS officer after completing B.Sc in IT.

The Full Form Of IAS is Indian Administrative Services. If you want to become an IAS Officer then you have to crack the prestigious Civil Services Examination.

The Civil Services Examination is conducted every year in three stages by the Union Public Service Commission [UPSC].

The Three stages of Civil Services Examination are :

a) Preliminary Examination

b) MAINS Examination

c) Interview Test

The Required qualifications for Civil Services Examination are :

* You should have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* If you are in final year of graduation , you too can apply for the exam.

* The age limit for this exam is 21-30 years if you belong to General Category.

* Relaxation in upper age of 3 years is given to OBC Candidates and of 5 years to SC/ST candidates.

The Civil Services Exam pattern :

Note : The Civil Services Exam is considered as the toughest examination conducted by UPSC. So you need ample education and knowledge to crack this exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
18th March 2013, 10:41 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative services.As you said that you have done your bachelor's degree in information and technology,so after doing bachelor's degree you are just eligible for the Civil services examinations.

It is not that if you have done bachelor's degree then you can become IAS officer,you will have to crack the most toughest exam of the India that is civil services examinations conducted by the UPSC every year.

The other important requirement for this exam is:

>>Your age must be between 21-30 years if you are from general category and for the obc and sc/st there is an age relaxation of three and five years respectively.

>>You must be an Indian citizen.

About examination pattern

Friend ,the examination has three level or you can say that stages,the first stage is preliminary examinations that consists of two papers of two hundred marks each with duration two hours for the exam.If you clear this test then you will be eligible for the second stage that is main examination after clearing which you will have to give personal interview.

After clearing all these three stages you will be able to join the respectable services that is IAS.

Suggestions:

But it is not a bit easy to crack civil services exam,you will have to labour hard and make the day and night the same.Strong determination,hard along with smart work,courage are key ingredients for achieving success in this exam.

You can also join the institutes like Rau's IAS ,Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy etc for the better preparations.

For more details ,about the exam you may visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you .All the best

aashisranjan784
18th March 2013, 01:19 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Sorry to say that you cannot become an IAS officer having completed B.Sc in IT.

To become an IAS officer, contendors have to appear for civil services examination, which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The selection procedure for the civil services examination is mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personal interview.

The eligibility criteria required for the civil services examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any track from any recognized college or university.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Final year contendors are also eligible for this examination.

* Nationality:- Indian.
25th March 2013, 01:31 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected person,
Yes you are eligible to sit for the IAS Exam. So no need to worry about that. Now you wanted to know about the eligibility criteria of this exam. Please read the information below carefully to know more about it.

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Service. This exam which takes place once a year is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. In various centres all across the country this exam is conducted and following eligibility criteria needs to be satisfied to sit for this exam:-
  1. You need to be a citizen of India.
  2. You need to be a graduate first to sit for this exam. The graduation can be done in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.
  3. If you have already given the final year exam and is awaiting the result then also you can sit for this exam.
  4. Your age should not be less than 21 years and at the same time it should not be more than 30 years. There is age relaxation for the reserved category candidates.

The Civil Service follows a three step selection procedure and the difficulty level of each step is quite high. First of all there is the Civil Service Prelim. This exam is mainly loaded with objective questions and while the first paper is the general studies, the second one gives you an option to choose one subject from a list of forty subjects.

Next comes the Civil Service Main exam which can be given only if the candidates pass in the prelim exam. This stage consists of nine papers. In two papers requires you to get the qualifying marks only. You need to choose two optional subjects here. Lastly comes the interview session where you will be asked to choose the service you prefer.

Please Note:- You can give this exam for a maximum of four times.

Here is the exam pattern at a glance for your convenience:-

Hope this helps :-> :->
11th August 2013, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

can we do Bsc in any subject and than prepare for IAS exam?
11th August 2013, 08:34 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

In order to become the IAS officer you have to full fill these requirements .

Education Qualification

You have to complete Graduation from the recognized college

Age Limit

21-30 years

No of Attempts

OBC – Four times
Sc-ST –No limit

Fee

The Examination fee about the 100/ and there is no fee for the SC/ST candidates

Selection Process

>> Preliminary Exam
>> Mains Exam
>> Interview

The Exam Notification is Published in the employment news papers and also daily leading news papers

Thank You.........................
13th August 2013, 08:58 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to become IAS officer as you are having the required eligibility criteria to crack the respective selection procedure to become IAS Officer by completing B.Sc in IT stream.

Only thing that is required is strong preparation for the exam. Proper way to schedule the things done in favor of you.

In order become IAS officer, you have to get through the following selection procedure
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

The eligibility is as follows

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation course and waiting for the results can also apply for this exam.

The required age criteria will be
21-30 years for the candidates of General category
21-33 years for the candidates of OBC category
21-35 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

So, I suggest you to choose the optional subject first and start preparation for the same.

Along with Main Exam, also carry out preparation for CSAT Exam which is the first phase of selection procedure.

Strong preparation is mandatory for the candidates in order get through the exam. So, try to be good in that.

Wish you all the best.
13th August 2013, 02:14 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend......

You can eligible for the become IAS officer.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:

The candidate should be origin of India.

Educational Qualification:

The candidate should pass the Bachelor degree from recognized University with any stream.

Percentage not required for this exam.

Final year pursuing candidates are eligible for this exam.

Age limit:

Your age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

Upper age relaxation is applicable as per govt rules.

3 years relaxation for OBC

5 years relaxation for SC\ST.

10 years relaxation for PH.

No of Attempts:

4 attempts for the General category.

7 attempts for the OBC category.

No limit of attempts for the SC\ST category.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

All the best..........
13th August 2013, 03:32 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I don't think there will be any issue if you want to apply for the Indian Administrative Service. You only have to complete graduation to apply for the Civil Services Examination for Indian Administrative Service.

Since you have completed B.Sc IT course, it will be accepted as long as you completed it from a recognized college. It will not matter if you completed it from distance education or the regular mode.

The next logical step for you is to start preparations for the Civil Services Examination. Its not going to be piece of cake exam to clear. There are lakhs of students appearing for few hundred seats. It is going to be quite a competitive entrance exam to clear.

Ideally you should give yourself 8 to 10 months to prepare for the Civil Services Examination. In addition you should download the previous year's exam papers from interest to solve. It is a great way to understand your weaknesses and work on them.

The registration for the next Civil Services Examination will be done only next year. I am now writing down the eligibility criteria for the Civil Services Examination.

IAS Eligibility

1. Student can only apply if he/she is Indian citizen.

2. Bachelor's degree is required to apply for the exam.

3. There is no percentage criteria in bachelor's degree.

4. You should at least be 21 years old to apply for the exam.

5. Candidates above 30 years old are not eligible.

6. There is 3 years relaxation in upper age limit for OBC.

7. SC/ST get 5 years relaxation for the same.

8. There are no physical requirements for IAS.

9. Number of attempts for General student are 4.

10. OBC is given 7 attempts.

11. There is no limit for SC/ST.
13th August 2013, 03:41 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected person,

Become IAS Officer After B.Sc.

For competing to become an IAS Officer..you will have to clear the UPSC conducted Civil Services Examination..

The eligibility criterion for appearing in the Civil Services Exam :-

>> You need to have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University..(no percentage restriction)

>> Permissible age limit for appearing in the exam is 21 years to 30 years..

>> There is 3 years of upper age relaxation for the OBC category applicants and 5 years for SC/ST applicants..

>> Max attempts applicable for general candidates is 4, for OBC its 7 and no limit for SC/ST..

2 stages in written exam of Civil Services :-

1) CSAT - 2 objective papers..

2) Mains - According to new pattern..only 1 optional subject and rest of the 8 subjects based on English and General Studies..

After written exam..you will have to clear the Personal Interview Round

Since you have completed your B.Sc. in IT hence you are definitely applicable for appearing in the Civil Services Exam..

Visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
13th August 2013, 04:01 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility:

Nationality:

The candidate should have been citizenship of India.

Educational Qualification:

You should have complete the Bachelor degree from any recognized university.

No percentage required for this exam.

Final year appearing candidates are eligible.

Age Limit:

your age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

3 years age relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST. And 10 years for PH.

Male and female candidates are eligible to become IAS officer.

No of attempts:

4 for General Category

7 for OBC

No limit for sc/st.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview

All the best.
5th January 2014, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Can I become ias officer having completed bsc in computer science
?and wht is the preperation for ias
11th January 2014, 12:55 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

In order to become IAS Officer, completion of Graduation in B.Sc IT is not the only way. You can go through the selection procedure for IAS Officer by completing your Graduation with any of the stream.

As you have completed 12th class in Science stream, my suggestion would be for you to choose the stream in Graduation with life science subjects like
Botany
Zoology etc.

So that you can gain good subject knowledge. Not only that, these subjects will also be there in the list of optional subjects for civil services exam. This is main benefit for you.

To become IAS Officer, the selection procedure would be
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

Minimum academic qualification that is required to apply for this exam is completion of Graduation with any of the stream.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for CSAT Exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation if you attend for Interview.

You should have an age between 21-30 years to apply for this exam.

Prepare well for the exam and crack it.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?