23rd October 2019, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Software Engineer after completion of 12th from Commerce stream?

Hi, I have completed my 12th from Commerce stream. I want to study Software and become a Software Engineer. Can I study any course related to Software Engineering as I am from Commerce stream?

28th October 2019, 02:29 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Software Engineer after completion of 12th from Commerce stream?

No, there is no way through which you can become a software engineer having completed your Class 12th with commerce stream as to become an engineer in any discipline one is required to have completed his/her higher secondary school degree course in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board.

So, in order to become a software engineer, you will be required to complete your Class 12th again but in Science stream this time. Also, after completion of your Class 12th in Science stream, you will be required to pursue B.E./B.Tech. degree course in Computer Science or Information Technology discipline from a recognized university.
28th October 2019, 10:40 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Software Engineer after completion of 12th from Commerce stream?

The first thing I would like to let you know is that to become a software engineer, one is required to pursue B.E./B.Tech. degree course in Computer Science or Information Technology branch.

Also, the minimum education required to pursue B.E./B.Tech. degree course in any above mentioned branches is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th with Commerce stream, you are not eligible to become a software engineer unless you reappear in your Class 12th with above mentioned subject combination.
31st October 2019, 12:16 AM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

No, you cannot become a software engineer
The eligibility for being a software engineer is
1) score at least 50% in physics,chemistry and maths
2) candidate hound appear for a national level entrance exam
3)candidate should be an Indian citizen
As you are not from science stream and have not studied the following subjects you are not eligible for the course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?