4th August 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Can i change my stream to CSE? Is it possible to move to any other stream?

Can I change my stream to CSE only? Or is it possible to move in any other stream?

13th August 2015, 08:02 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can i change my stream to CSE? Is it possible to move to any other stream?

If you could have mentioned that from which stream you belong to then it would have been easier for me. I am guessing that you are a B.Tech student and that too not from CSE or computer science and engineering. Now, somehow you do not feel comfortable in your stream and you want to change your stream. In that case, you cannot change your stream to CSE or any other stream. The reason is that this allotment of streams is on the basis of what you scored in the JEE Mains. Your score is tallied with the amount of vacancy left in a particular branch. So what happens is that high score, more preferences or more choices of engineering branches. The lower the score is the narrower becomes the chances. So you must sit for JEE Mains again and score pretty high, so that you have more choices of branches.
14th August 2015, 09:21 PM
sai215

Default Re: Can i change my stream to CSE? Is it possible to move to any other stream?

Re: Can i change my stream to CSE? Is it possible move to any other stream?

First of all you can not mention which stream to move CSE
Only 1st year B.Tech students move to another stream like EEE TO ECE , IT to Mechanical
Because first year subjects same for all branches
31st May 2021, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

I have IT branch in B.TECH and I want to give GATE exam can I change my stream from IT to CS in gate exam or can GATE exams also held in IT stream.
3rd June 2021, 12:50 PM
Afreen0786

Hello

There are a few colleges that allow the changing of streams but some colleges do not,it would be advisable that you contact your college and ask them about the same .

Also provide us with the name of your college so that we can also tell you whether doing so is possible in your college or not .

Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?