29th September 2011, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

How to change my stream from CSE to Civil being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in CSE?

I m a b-tech cse 2nd year student & i want to change my branch to civil please help me

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year?
  2. Which engineering stream should I choose among ECE, CSE and IT? Which one would be comfortable for girls?
  3. Books to be referred for civil service examination? I am a B.Tech student in 2nd year CSE
  4. Can I change my branch to EEE from CSE in engineering? I am pursuing final year diploma in CSE
  5. List of available Jobs for me in Government sector being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech with CSE stream with an aggregate of 68%?
  6. How to go for higher studies after pursuing B.Tech CSE final year
  7. How to do summer training for 40 days? I am pursuing B.Tech in CSE 2nd year in Chitkara University
  8. How can I chance my branch into civil engineering? I am doing B.Tech in CSE
  9. How to study in CSE 3rd year? I am studying IT 2nd year
  10. Best way to prepare for IAS exam while in CSE 2nd year?
  11. What is the difference between Computer Engineering and Information Technology?
  12. What are the government jobs available after completing B.Tech CSE?
  13. Which Mtech streams can be taken other than Computers after Btech CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What should I do to make my career in CSE branch? I am pursuing B.Tech CSE in last year
  15. What to do to change from ME to CSE branch being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester in ME?
  16. Is it possible for me to change my stream in B.Tech after completion of diploma course? or I need to take the same stream as in diploma? -- [New]
  17. Can I apply for government job after pursuing B.Tech in CSE?
  18. Can I change my stream from CSE in B.Tech having completed Diploma in CSE?
29th September 2011, 09:59 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to change my stream from CSE to Civil being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in CSE?

if you are already in second year if B.Tech then you can not change your stream from computer science engineering to any other stream. some university allow the candidates to change their stream only after the first year. if you are in first year and in next session you will be promoted to second year then you have chance to change your stream if your university allow this.

for this you have to study in the same institution and you can change your stream to civil engineering if their is available seat in the civil engineering in your institution. otherwise you can not change to civil engineering.

to change your stream you should have very good academic performance with good marks. first contact your institution they will provide you details about how to change your stream then contact with your university they will help you a lot if institute can not fulfill your desire,.

best wishes.
29th September 2011, 10:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to change my stream from CSE to Civil being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in CSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m a b-tech cse 2nd year student & i want to change my branch to civil please help me
Dear friend,

If you want to change your stream then it is possible in only 2 nd year.

But you must score above 8.5 in two semester.

If you have fulfill the 8.5 criteria then you should contact to your college authority.

They are provide some form to you for Change the department reason.

Thanks
29th September 2011, 11:06 AM
meeeanki
Member+

dear friend

sorry for late reply ! as you are a 2nd year and mid 3rd sem student so you cant change stream from computer sc. engg to any other stream .some university allow the candidates to changes there stream on time of first year last sem
it possible when u have 80% marks on first year (1st sem + 2nd sem )

have a good day
29th September 2011, 03:33 PM
narasimhareddy09

first thing if you are already in 2nd year you cannot change your branch .what i suggest is don't worry about this thing.now in this latest world,increasing technology subject has got no boundaries i.e one branch is not confined to itself
every branch is interlinked.you can notice branches like mechatronics gaining more importance.so the thing you have to do is just know what is common between computer science and civil engineering like auto cad .know about the courses which acts as bridge between computer science and civil engineering.
Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering is a scholarly peer-reviewed archival journal intended to act as a bridge between advances being made in computer and information technologies and civil and infrastructure engineering.
if you are really determined go through these things and there are many workshops conducted about career guidance in colleges .participate in them know more about these bridge courses.by this you can enjoy your engineering and can pursue your interesting civil as your higher studies as soon as you complete your engineering.
so be optimistic
all the best
29th September 2011, 05:58 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As per the rules if you are in 2nd year of your B.tech course then you can not change your stream..

But if you are in 2nd semester then you can change your stream, because the subjects are remains same through out the 1st year for all the stream..

At the end of 1st year , one can change the stream...
So, if you are not in 2nd year of your B.tech course yet, then you can change the stream.. To change the stream, you must have good academic record through out the 1st year..

It will be better to have a chat with your college administration to get a clear idea about this..

All the best.
29th September 2011, 07:43 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

After coming in second year you can't change your branch. only after the result of 1st year if your result was very good then only you can change your branch.
29th September 2011, 08:16 PM
abhaymehtapower2011

It is not possible to change the stream after 2nd year. if you are in 1st year then you can change stream by getting more than 80% marks in your stream.
29th September 2011, 09:54 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Right now you are in Civil.
As far as the market is concerned there are always several kinds of jobs available in the Civil industry.
There are two fields you can go for-
(i) Construction
(ii) Designing
Although the IT industry is growing quite fast in India.
It's your decision to choose the right one.
As far as the switch of stream is concerned it varies from college to college.
It depends on the rules, your college is following.
___________ALL THE BEST__________
9th January 2012, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to change my stream from ECE to Civil being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in CSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m a b-tech ece 2nd year student & i want to change my branch to civil please help me
.please help in changing my branch 4m ece to civil or mechanical im interested in both of dem any brnch is ok 4 me in mechanical nd civil..
30th July 2012, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

how to change my stream from CSE to civil being jst passed out with first class scoring 64.97 ( 1st sem 2nd sem)?please help me.. civil engineering interests me a lot..now i m promoted to 2nd year..
5th August 2013, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

how to change my stream from it to cse in Narula Institute Of Technology after completing 1st & 2nd sem??
22nd August 2013, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

i am a cse student i want to change my department to civil engineering pls help me!!
22nd July 2014, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

I take adm . in cs at the time of counselling 2014 . but now I change it to mechanical .how??
1st April 2015, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Shall I change my branch from Civil engineering to ECE in the 2nd year is it possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?