15th March 2016, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Ed from any government college in Kolkata?

I got 73% in madhyamik, 72% in hs, and 48%in graduation with English(hons). And now I am doing MA from RBU(distance). Please tell me that can I do B.ED from any govt college in Kolkata? I am DaliaSantra

15th March 2016, 06:12 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Ed from any government college in Kolkata?

No, as minimum required aggregate in graduation to appear or pursue B.Ed course from government institute is 50%.

So, you are not eligible to pursue course from any recognized university. So, you nerd to pursue M.A course and not eligible for admission in B.Ed course.
15th March 2016, 06:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor in Education and it is one year course after graduation degree from any recognised university.

Most of university conducts entrance examination to get admission in course. The required eligibility to appear for entrance examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree with minimum 50%.

So, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course.
15th March 2016, 06:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education. This is a teacher training course which requires following eligibility criteria:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for Bachelor of Education.

For this entrance exam of B.Ed, minimum percentage of marks required in Bachelor's degree is 50%.

You have only 48% marks in graduation, so you can not apply for B.Ed entrance examination.
15th March 2016, 07:00 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, not at all, there is no chance for candidates who have less than 50% marks in graduation to apply for Bachelor of Education course.

You can not do bachelor's degree in Education from any college either government or private because you are not meeting minimum requirements for this examination.
15th March 2016, 07:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who want to pursue Bachelor of Education must fulfill these criteria:

*Graduation from an UGC recognized university.

*Percentage of marks in bachelor's degree must not be less than 50%.

As you have mentioned that you have only 48% in graduation, you can not apply for this course.
15th March 2016, 11:37 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in B.ED course.

Bachelor in a Education is one year duration course. The eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognized university.

Candidate must have minimum 50% in graduation degree.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination with 48% aggregate in degree. So you must continue your master course.
23rd January 2022, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

I got 45% marks in graduation and I belong to reserve category i.e., OBC-A, so can I get admission in B.ed course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?